Hei gone wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hei gone wrong

So I wired up everything. Modded a new distributor with a new power tower this time I threaded the power tower base through. Recessed the screw rtv, dremel the oil tower off. Put rtv x2 coats on it. I Purchased a wells butane torch soldering iron for $50 on amazon im thinking of rewiring the crimp connections. I had continuity 1,000 ohms on the tach wire so that's good haven't checked any others. Everything seems to check out what are good checks for this im running a ground to the hei and the bolt hole in the middle with 16AWG. Do I need to shine some metal for a better connection.

On a side note Oreileys out in Oceanside, Ca has an Accel model HEI GM module for $50. the one im using is a gm chevette 1981 model im pretty sure their identical but is the ACCEL one somehow better? Is there anyway to check these? I can't find the PRD premodded distributor nor a KL series disty.

I also found this gem http://forums.teameunos.com/viewtopic.php?t=5799 which says you can put a KF cap onto a KL disty. If only I could find one. If anyone knows one for sale please PM me.

Sidenote: The cable that goes adjacent to the OEM internal coin, and I believe into the disty originally to the grounding strap, should I just cut that off? Or ground it somewhere else? I'll post a picture off it later but its a small like 20G wire I believe connected to a cylindrical cap on the outside. Could that be giving me powers?

I do feel like its the splice crimp connectors. I'm going to solder them instead.

Make sure you have a very good ground.
    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Working...
    X