Stainless Steel Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel Headers

After reading about eBay headers on here for a few years, most people suggested the DM Motoring headers were a good choice. So I purchased some back in November. Overall I would say they were a great fit (besides the one bolt that is hard to get in). So I am having an issue where the header has about a 1/16" gap between the oil pan and the Y pipe. So I hear a buzzing when the rpm's are over 2000. So I would like to fix this so the gap is a little larger. My thought was either taking the header off, heating it up with a torch and trying to bend it downward. My only concern is throwing off the Y pipe where it won't line up with the rear manifold. Other thought was leave it on the car, and push a long, thin piece of metal between the Y pipe and the oil pan and allow the heat from the exhaust to mold the pipe, increasing the size of the metal piece until I get to a wider gap. Other thought was to take it to an exhaust shop and have them do it for $50. Thoughts?
    Undertaker
    1993 Ford Probe GT
    2013 Mazdaspeed3 Touring w/ Tech Package

Get the shop to fix it.

You will probably break one of the shitty welds if you pry on it hard.
    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Yeah I would have an exhaust shop look at it too
      '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
      '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys!!!
        Undertaker
        1993 Ford Probe GT

Comment

Sounds like you wound up with the same problems the Ebay headers have anyway. I removed my front cross member. Seemed like my headers were just bouncing off it. purrs like a kitten now. Figured if i wreck it that cross member aint going to help me anyway. Everything I have ever wrecked I've totaled.

Comment

For the most part they fit pretty well. Not hitting the cross member but you can see the y pipe has a little upward curve which is hitting the oil pan. Other than that, I had the typical issue with the 1 bolt not fitting but that was an easy fix.
            Undertaker
            1993 Ford Probe GT

Comment

J-Unit the car feels sloppy without a crossmember and nevermind just a wreck, what if metal fatigue causes you to wreck or plow off the side of a mountain. That'll be the same day you're bringing home 4th of July supplies and we'll all be able to say "we saw it from here."
              Probe out for Harambe
              94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

For sure I would consider re-installing the crossmember. It acts as a structural brace.

I installed eBay headers with no problems at all. All bolts lined up, no leaks, nothing close to hitting. Only thing was the egr was nowhere close so blocked it off. Then again the eBay headers I bought were from probably around 11 years ago so batches/suppliers may have changed since then.
                1995 Probe GT - N2O Ingested, CM 3, fidanza, headers, exhaust, CAI, MS, kenwood sound
                2010 Ram 1500 4x4 - Daily Driver
                99 Mustang V6 stock inherited not sure what the plan is

Comment

Working...
                X