Beginners megasuirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners megasuirt

Hi,I was look into getting upgrading to megasquirt.The problem is that there is so much info im getting lost.So the two questions i have are
    (1) What is th best version of megasuirt for a 94 2.0?
    (2) Are there any pics of the install to get an ideal about whats going on?
    "SOLD"11/13 regrinds,01 p&p Protege IM,SSautochrome Headers,2.5 High-Flow Exhaust,Magnaflow Muffler,X-Tune Wires,Ngk Plugs,Grounding Kit,Blaster2 Coil,CAI,Esr Performance UDP,Civic Sts,626 Sway Bar,ProCarParts FSTB&RSTB,3Gauge Pillar,Speed Hut Overlays,Autometer Gauges,Camaro Scoop,Hid Conversion,16Rim'SOLD"

1) Depends what you wanna do with it. For basic fuel and maybe spark control, Megasquirt-1 V2.2

2) It's only wiring... really... it all looks the same. There's plenty of wiring guides though.

Comment

Would you recommend megasquirt2 with the v3
      "SOLD"11/13 regrinds,01 p&p Protege IM,SSautochrome Headers,2.5 High-Flow Exhaust,Magnaflow Muffler,X-Tune Wires,Ngk Plugs,Grounding Kit,Blaster2 Coil,CAI,Esr Performance UDP,Civic Sts,626 Sway Bar,ProCarParts FSTB&RSTB,3Gauge Pillar,Speed Hut Overlays,Autometer Gauges,Camaro Scoop,Hid Conversion,16Rim'SOLD"

Comment

No, I would recommend Megasquirt-1 even with the V3. With the extra code (Which is 100% free) you can basically do everything you want and need with a megasquirt-1 cpu

Comment

I take it that you have to splice it into certain wires going to you ecu.Is there an easy one to identify the wires you need to splice?

Comment

Yes, it's all included when you buy a kit from RyanPzz... else you'll have to find a wiring schematics to your ECU,.... they're out there...

Comment

To be honest man the easiest part of the MS install was the wiring it up. "Hardest" part is working on some issues like setting upa wideband on older versions. I am about to upgrade my code to Version 26J, should be fun.

Josh
              Silver 2011 5.7L Toyota Tundra CrewMax
              Former Owner of The Fastest N/A 2.0 Probe

Comment

Moving to Engine Electronics.

My v3 w/MS2 CAN seems easier to setup than Josh's 2.2 w/Extra.
                Easier to calibrate sensors, that's for damn sure. (doesn't require EasyTherm or manually editing ini files ... all can be done from Megatune 2.25)
                Haven't tried the newer 26x Extra code yet on the 2.0L, though. We will this weekend. Hopefully it's more sensor friendly than the 24s that's on Josh's v2.2 now.

Irregardless, I would recommend the v3 board unless you get a hell of a deal on a v2.2. V3 is more robust, includes a onboard flyback, and mod friendly.

Each MS setup has it's strength and weaknesses.
                Even those are frequently changing - read the megasquirt forums and website and decide which to get.
                1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX
                Kitted. Lambos. Slammed. 18s. T3/04E. LSD. MSII. Zoom-Zoom-Psst.

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX
                Lowered. 18s. P5 FSDE. MP3 PCM.

Cardomain - Needs updating.

Comment

Why don't you actually try a recent code like 029q... instead of 26x

Comment

Im betting Ben didnt realize the codes had gotten past 26X. I thought 26J was the most recent.

Josh
                    Silver 2011 5.7L Toyota Tundra CrewMax
                    Former Owner of The Fastest N/A 2.0 Probe

Comment

Eh, I meant 29 ... not 26.
                      I'm a MS2er, so I don't keep up that much w/extra code.
                      I'm running 2.34 - waiting on beta testing to finish w/2.6.

x = placeholder/variable/etc.

I used the 29j code when hooking up Chris's car ... much better than the 24s loaded on Josh's.
                      1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX

Comment

The 29q2 is running pretty good. I've been running that version for quite a while now.
                        96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
                        11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

Josh leaves Tuesday afternoon, and I work this weekend.

We'll probably load 29j, configure it, tune, etc ... then he'll be able to do it w/o any problems. Only takes once.
                          Then he can load 29q when he gets back to FL.
                          1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX

Comment

29j has a problem with startup. The gamma enrichment was all screwed up. You'll need to keep teh revs up till it comes outta ASE with that code version. Just go right to 29q2
                            I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
                            92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

029j was not even considered stable... but 029q is. I would definitely start right off with 029q2

Comment

Working...
                              X