Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megatune/Firmware Upgrade Package (BETA)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaodome
    Completely remove any trace of anything having to do with megasquirt from your laptop. This includes deleting the C:\program files\megasquirt folder.

Reinstall to the default location. So far, in every instance of the above, this has corrected the issue.
    That worked althout I have to do this every single time I want to start up Megatune. I can use it once, then next time I have to uninstall, delete, reinstall. I figure it must be a computer issue, but i have no idea where to start looking... It works first time install, but not after that without reinstalling.

And the error report, is well really really long...
    KLDE-T at 174kw on 9psi.

Comment

I downloaded the software, but it did not install the"reburn firmware shortcut". This is the list of shortcuts: Megatune, Install Instructions, Megasquirt, Megalog Viewer. Is the Megasquirt shortcut the "reburn firmware shortcut". When I opend Megasquirt shortcut the following displays: Select Project. I am very new at this.

Feeling a little stupid. I figured it out. Only problem is that it seems the fuel pump is not turning on. The engine will only run for a couple of seconds then die. I used MSQ file KL Distributor Boosted.
      Last edited by thodge; January 4, 2008, 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Comment

Originally posted by thodge
        I downloaded the software, but it did not install the"reburn firmware shortcut". This is the list of shortcuts: Megatune, Install Instructions, Megasquirt, Megalog Viewer. Is the Megasquirt shortcut the "reburn firmware shortcut". When I opend Megasquirt shortcut the following displays: Select Project. I am very new at this.

Feeling a little stupid. I figured it out. Only problem is that it seems the fuel pump is not turning on. The engine will only run for a couple of seconds then die. I used MSQ file KL Distributor Boosted.
        I would suggest reading about After start enrichments and warmup enrichments...

If your car starts, your fuel pump works. Its like you just dont have it set to prime when you put the key to the on position..(so you wouldnt hear it).
        Mick - 95 PGTZE Flint Mica w/Smoke Flake
        Threw a rod at 6-8psi, spiking to 9, 20Mar08
        24Mar08 - 4 days later... a proud owner of a 2005 Quicksilver GTO
        13Nov09 - Turbo ZE is alive once again.

Comment

Very good info!
          Does any1 know, where can i found same thing, but only for MS V2.2?
          Can i use this info, for installation MS V2.2?

Comment

You can use this install for any version of MS1 and PCB varients, the big thing is the MSQs included won't work, so you'll have to drum up your own.
            I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
            92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

Bringing this thread back to life - My friend just bought a MS from someone that was built by you and so we've run the installer and megatune 3.00b (or w/e) will only load once and his having a lot of trouble getting it to run.

His laptop is a winXP machine (natively) and we can only get megatune to open once after install and then not again. Same thing happens on my laptop but i've had megatune 2.25 installed before so the above fix involving deleted folders might work for me, however his laptop has never had a megatune install on it.

Thoughts? Ideas?
              BC Probe Owners Club is VERY MUCH ALIVE - www.bcpoc.ca
              93 PGT 2.5L SILVER - Stock DE, ZE Intake Manifold, T3/T4 .50/.63 AR Turbo, Valant Turbo Pipes, Tial 38mm Wastegate (~9PSI), Custom Water/Meth Injection, Megasquirt v3 (MSnS-Extra 029q2 Fuel/Spark), Millennia Injectors @ 70psi, 65mm TB, JJ Resonated TP, Centerforce DF Clutch, MX3 Flywheel, AWR Mounts, it begins all over again...
              93 PGT 2.5L BLACK Dismantled
              GARAGE - The hybrid with a piston hole... lots of various leftovers...

Comment

I can not make connection between my laptop and MS. I have a DB9 cable.
                My computer does not recognize MS. Basically, i powered MS from 12V adapter and connected to my laptop. What i need to do next?
                One more thing. I do not know how many lights on MS have to be "ON", but when i am connecting power adapter to MS, just only one light is blinking one time and that's it.
                Last edited by supercharged3.0; April 19, 2008, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by supercharged3.0 View Post
                  I can not make connection between my laptop and MS. I have a DB9 cable.
                  My computer does not recognize MS. Basically, i powered MS from 12V adapter and connected to my laptop. What i need to do next?
                  One more thing. I do not know how many lights on MS have to be "ON", but when i am connecting power adapter to MS, just only one light is blinking one time and that's it.
                  I had that problem and I got deleted everything MS related on my laptop and started from scratch. It worked. Not sure about the lights but my middle LED used to be on, and now two closest to the serial port come on bright briefly and then go very dim. Still can't the car to run but that's another story.
                  Now driving a 2006 350Z, Custom turbo and loving the RWD at 402whp.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha View Post
                    I had that problem and I got deleted everything MS related on my laptop and started from scratch. It worked. Not sure about the lights but my middle LED used to be on, and now two closest to the serial port come on bright briefly and then go very dim. Still can't the car to run but that's another story.
                    I have 2 laptops. One does not have a port for DB9 cable. Today,I bought from Ebay a DB9 cable with the USB port,so.. i can connect it in to my another laptop, which is more better. I think my laptop's multi port is not working right.
                    Basically, how laptop does recognize the MS? Is it some kind of Plug and Play, like installation of printer or scanner?
                    Last edited by supercharged3.0; April 19, 2008, 11:50 PM.

Comment

not plug n play...it uses a serial port.

Comment

Originally posted by shaodome View Post
                        not plug n play...it uses a serial port.
                        Okay.. how can i know if my MS is connected or not? By checking ports?
                        One more thing, probably you know. When i am connecting power adapter in to my MS, how many lights from 3 have to go ON. Which ones?
                        Mine is just blinking one time and that's it, that is a first light next to the DB9 port. But, when i am touching some diodes inside the MS , the middle light is going ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
                        Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Xplode View Post
                          Bringing this thread back to life - My friend just bought a MS from someone that was built by you and so we've run the installer and megatune 3.00b (or w/e) will only load once and his having a lot of trouble getting it to run.

His laptop is a winXP machine (natively) and we can only get megatune to open once after install and then not again. Same thing happens on my laptop but i've had megatune 2.25 installed before so the above fix involving deleted folders might work for me, however his laptop has never had a megatune install on it.

Thoughts? Ideas?
                          Anyone? Think i got skipped in the question/answer process
                          BC Probe Owners Club is VERY MUCH ALIVE - www.bcpoc.ca
                          93 PGT 2.5L SILVER - Stock DE, ZE Intake Manifold, T3/T4 .50/.63 AR Turbo, Valant Turbo Pipes, Tial 38mm Wastegate (~9PSI), Custom Water/Meth Injection, Megasquirt v3 (MSnS-Extra 029q2 Fuel/Spark), Millennia Injectors @ 70psi, 65mm TB, JJ Resonated TP, Centerforce DF Clutch, MX3 Flywheel, AWR Mounts, it begins all over again...
                          93 PGT 2.5L BLACK Dismantled
                          GARAGE - The hybrid with a piston hole... lots of various leftovers...

Comment

Thoughts? Ideas?
                            Okay, I'm said friend here and I'm still having problems. I've run both the installer from the link you provided in the OP and the one on the CD. It runs fine the first time it loads but everytime afterwards it crashes. I've looked into the different solutions that were provided in this thread (and others) but none have worked. Everytime I uninstall MS, I make sure every file and folder is deleted and restart the computer. However, each time I freshly install MS, it crashes the second time it loads.

It got to a point where I wasn't even able to get int othe configurator to change my wideband input because it would crash when it tried to open megatune.

Thoughts? Suggestions? This is hella frustrating.
                            1993 Mazda MX6 LS - Project: Supercharged KLZE/DE Hybrid project

2003 Honda Accord Coupe - Daily: Lowered, STS...

Comment

Anyone? Think i got skipped in the question/answer process
                              I really have no idea why it would do this. You can try to download Megatune the old fashion way and just replace the MSnSExtra ini file. Every time I've seen this it has been a windows problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by shaodome View Post
                                I really have no idea why it would do this. You can try to download Megatune the old fashion way and just replace the MSnSExtra ini file. Every time I've seen this it has been a windows problem though.
                                I'm assuming it would be v3.00b (or whatever) I'd have to download, no?

As for it being a windows problem, I've tried your installation disc on both a fresh (brand new) copy of Windows and on one that's been running for a year and a half. Didn't make a difference, even with Windows updates loaded or not.
                                1993 Mazda MX6 LS - Project: Supercharged KLZE/DE Hybrid project

2003 Honda Accord Coupe - Daily: Lowered, STS...

Comment

Working...
                                X