This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waves360 View Post
    does the mega squirt come with exact instructions on use anyone?
    MegaSquirt documentation is all online, so separate printed instructions generally aren't included, to hold down prices.
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Matt, I am building a MS2 V3 I got from diyautotune and I am not receiving an rpm signal from the stim, is this possible using the stim or does this need to be done on the car? (I am using the VR circuit per your installation instructions) I have tried adjusting the R52 and R56 trimmer pots with no luck.

Also one other thing is my 02 pot when turned does not change in realtime unless the stim is switched off and then back on and it changes according to which way I have turned it. Is this functioning normally?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.
      Last edited by mx3turbo; March 11, 2011, 08:46 PM.
      97 S10 5 Speed 4x4 Ext Cab Pickup - 98+ Front End Swap, HIDs
      93 MX-3 KL Turbo on 14psi

Comment

If that's a regular Stim instead of a JimStim, you'll need to turn the wheel decoder off to get an RPM signal.

The O2 input sampling is keyed to RPM, so it won't respond until you get an RPM signal.
        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

It is a JimStim 1.5, wheel decoder is off. No matter how or where I turn the pots i get no rpm signal. What do you suggest I try?
          97 S10 5 Speed 4x4 Ext Cab Pickup - 98+ Front End Swap, HIDs
          93 MX-3 KL Turbo on 14psi

Comment

Could you post a copy of your MSQ? I'd like to check the settings.
            Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

I do not understand what mega squirt does but everyone says its good investment wat does it do

Comment

Originally posted by jdreynolds1 View Post
                I do not understand what mega squirt does but everyone says its good investment wat does it do
                It replaces the factory engine control module with a new one that allows you to tune the spark curve and fuel delivery with a laptop.
                Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

I have a 02 626 with the G4. Since it comes with the coil packs and an MAF how much easier would it be to install vs. a klde? I plan to do an MTX swap and go the full bolt on route when I get settled into my new place in FL. I'm really curious what the gains would be over a klde with MS installed vs. the g4 with MS.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I believe that one can be set up like most Fords with distributorless ignition. However, it's not easy to know ahead of time how much horsepower gain you'd get - it depends on how much the stock tune leaves on the table.
                    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Matt, is it possible to run a MS2V3 unit to control spark with a 4 pin HEI module or must I purchase a 7 pin HEI? I would prefer not to use the MS to control the coil directly as I am concerned with heat issues on the output transistor within the MS.
                      '95 KLZE PGT - SPEC Clutch, Borla Exhaust, Hot Shot Headers, LSD Trans, MegaSquirt, Supercharged

Comment

Matt has allready advised against using HEI's, nothing wrong with the BIP373's. They can do MSD, stock disty, coilpack, coil on plug.
                        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

OK, that leads me to another quick question. If I now am using MS to directly control the coil, would it be advisable to switch from the VB921 to a BIP373? From what I read they seem to be a better choice and since I have nothing yet installed now would be the time to do this. Oh, one other question, if I do change to the BIP373, do I still do all the wiring changes Matt has at the front of this thread? I noticed the BIP373 article mentions changes needed to the MS2V3 board.
                          Last edited by Cougar; August 31, 2011, 01:51 PM.
                          '95 KLZE PGT - SPEC Clutch, Borla Exhaust, Hot Shot Headers, LSD Trans, MegaSquirt, Supercharged

Comment

VB921s and BIP373s are pretty much interchangable - the biggest difference is BIP373s are a lot harder to fry.
                            Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

[QUOTE=Matt Cramer;1923919260]Ok, you won't need the 36-1 crank trigger unless you really want to put it on there. Here are the mods you will need.

1. Put a 100 ohm resistor in the R2 slot in the 5 volt position.

2. Solder on these jumpers.

3. Wire S1, S2, and S3 to the DB15 on the top row. Wire the DB15 to your coil pack. The spark outputs are S1 is spark A, S2 is spark B, and S3 is spark C.

4. Wire the Tach pin to the DB15 and from there to your dash tach.

5. Change the settings under Tach Input / Ignition Settings from Single Coil to Wasted Spark.

6. Set spark output to Going High/Inverted.

7. Enable tach output on the TACHOUT pin.
                              /QUOTE]

Matt, I finally did this but was wondering about the EDIS6 coilpack 4pin plug. I understand pins 1,2,3 are sparks A,B,C. But what about pin 4 on the coilpack? It has a little cylindrical thing on it that was grounded before on the mustang. Trying to figure out what to do with pin 4 if anything. Want to make sure it's all good before I fire up my motor----distributor-less this time.
                              Thanks in advance =)
                              1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                              1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

the fourth wire is the 12V feed from the ignition or fuel pump relay. The round thing i think your talking about is the condensor which connects to the 12V feed on one side and grou nded on the other.

Comment

Working...
                                X