Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Matt Cramer, keep in mind that my unit is the v1.1 of the DIYPNP. And I just wired it all up, but with no tach out for the time being.

Here's the stuff I have on the Probe GT:

*36-1 tooth wheel.

*original Crank Position Sensor.

*soldered in the things you showed me and enabled the three S1,S2,S3 BIP units with the jumpers. Ran them out to DB15

*S1=Spark A, S2=Spark B, S3=Spark C

*EDIS 6 coil pack: I'm assuming when looking at the coilpack with the 4-pin plug on the bottom that; Spark A to Spark B is left to right (correct?)

*the 4th wire on the EDIS6 coilpack I wired to the stock Probe GT ignition 12v+ wire ( I believe it was the PINK/BLACK wire on the 3 pin plug to the stock disty )

This is the confusing part right here: I when to Ignitioin settings in TunerStudio and set it to EDIS... But there's another option: EDIS Multispark. And my question is for the window below it (under EDIS setting)... what do I plug in for degrees? I tried 30, 60, & 90 and I still get no spark. All crank and no spark. Is there a setting that I'm missing in Tunerstudio? Or am I wiring something wrong? Thanks guys... finally got this motor in and trying to troubleshoot why the wasted spark isn't firing at all.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks guys... I'm away for 2 more weeks, but this has been bothering me ever since last weekend.
    Last edited by yellow2point0; October 28, 2011, 11:22 AM. Reason: installed the 36-1 pulley & EDIS 6 wasted spark coilpack
    1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
    1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

Thanks so much for this guide!
      Last edited by Onyxhammer; October 20, 2011, 10:35 PM.

Comment

DIYPNP v1.1 running EDIS 6 Wasted Spark.My wiring diagram

Alrighty then, my Engine Electronics gurus. Here's my wiring for the coilpack setup. Please check this out and tell me what I am doing wrong, since I'm not getting any spark.

*36-1 Mazda 626 '98-'02 Crank Pulley
        *Ford Mustang EDIS 6 coilpack

First thing's first: I will try easy fixes, such as changing out the coilpack, check to see if I'm getting the +12v to the coilpack, signal from the VR inputs, etc.

Guys, any help greatly appreciated. So perhaps the other poor chaps that are trying the same thing with the DIYPNP will be squared away and have the info that I've been through already, minus the headaches!
        1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked

Comment

Hardware looks OK - got an MSQ and a data log of an attempted start?
          Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
          My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

will do this saturday evening in Germany I'm in Army school at the moment... Like I said, I hope it will fix the issue with me checking on the coilpack itself (acquired from junkyard) first.

Comment

Email you the MSQ

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
              Hardware looks OK - got an MSQ and a data log of an attempted start?
              Matt, you want me to email it to your WEBSALES@DIYAUTOTUNE.COM address?

Comment

Works for me. Just be sure to include your user name and a link to this thread.
                Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
                My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

Emailed the DATALOG and MSQ

Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
                  Works for me. Just be sure to include your user name and a link to this thread.
                  emailed you Matt.

Thanks for helping

HERE's THE .MSQ I'M CURRENTLY RUNNING:
                  2011-11-06_12.55.37.msq

HERE'S THE DATALOG FILE:
                  no spark_pgt-turbo.msl
                  Last edited by yellow2point0; November 6, 2011, 07:46 AM. Reason: Added links to the Datalog and .MSQ files

Comment

Does anyone have the stock 626/Mx6/probe
                    ECU pinout schematics?

Im gona use my MS3 with the stock harness and a 76pin DIYBOB. This way i can swap in and out the stock ECU if needed, and also use the remaining plugs and pinouts for other things, and keep the stock feel and modularity.
                    Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
                    Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

This might be of some use to you: http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701024543

Comment

Originally posted by Zepticon View Post
                        Does anyone have the stock 626/Mx6/probe
                        ECU pinout schematics?

Im gona use my MS3 with the stock harness and a 76pin DIYBOB. This way i can swap in and out the stock ECU if needed, and also use the remaining plugs and pinouts for other things, and keep the stock feel and modularity.
                        I decided to go the same way to start for the keep it simple stupid reason. I am having the MS3X control sequential fuel injection and soon wideband )2 input and boost contol output, while the stock ECU controls ignition, IAT, fans, AC, egr, etc. This should be fine to start, and I can add features as needed. Should also simplify tuning, fewer variables to start.

The DIYBOB was made from a junk yard MS6 ECU and pigtail and lots of solder and heat shrink. Note I added a fourth connector for the GM coolant and inlet air sensors.

I have a start on the msq file, still reading and re-reading the MegaManual. Main think left to do is get of my fat a$$ and install the GM temp sensors.

Not really wild about tapping a new hole for the coolant sensor - anybody have an elegant work-around for that?

To add to Yellow2's thread, here is an archive thread for pinout diagrams that includes pictures:

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701084727
                        Last edited by Mike 99; November 6, 2011, 08:16 PM.

Comment

So what i do, is to just match this up to the comparable MS outputs form my MS3 and MS3X 18" pigtails?

And then i can use the unused inputs for other things, like injectors and coils.
                          Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
                          Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

what on earth?!? EDIS + MS = having issues

Here's what's happening: I get no spark to the coipack. I crank the car and as soon as i let off the cranking, i hear a huge zapping sound from the coilpack. on my DIYPNP board, i have the VR + and VR- I assume these are supposed to be my signals form the CKP sensor on C246? The probe gt CKP connector has 3 wires. Which one goes where? because i Assume the original setup from DIYAUTOTUNE.COM is for the original setup with the distributor in mind. I'm trying to get this darn EDIS 6 to work and it aint doing a dang thing. I checked the signal from the CKP sensor and it's reading fine on the multimeter.

WHAT SETTING do I change in TunerStudio under ignition? I understand that the only options I have is EDIS and EDIS Multispark. Which one is correct which one isn't? And under Ignition Options, what is the "Trigger Angle/Offset(deg)" do I input? I tried 30, 60, and 90. Nothing happens.

Somebody please help me... i already posted my .MSQ and Datalog files

Comment

Originally posted by yellow2point0 View Post
                              WHAT SETTING do I change in TunerStudio under ignition? I understand that the only options I have is EDIS and EDIS Multispark. Which one is correct which one isn't?
                              Without an actual EDIS module, the correct answer is "None of the Above."

You will need to use Toothed Wheel mode.
                              Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

got her running perfectly on wasted spark ignition!

Had to remove the jumper @ IGN1-MAP

Time to finally do some tuning and boosting!
                                Last edited by yellow2point0; December 6, 2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X