No announcement yet.

megasquirt - post your tables/msq here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In speed density, the load % is the same as kPa.
    Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
    My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

• well those maps go up into the 200's for a n/a tune, are those the correct maps or am I still not opening the project correctly?
      1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
      1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
      2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
      2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
      1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• The 200 kPa was put in there to add a lot of fuel and pull a lot of timing in case someone puts the MSPNP on a boosted motor.
        Matt at DIYAutoTune.com
        My PM box fills up fast - it's much better to email me at websales@diyautotune.com

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaaaaa, this the same confusion I had the last time you guys posted a n/a base map for a KLde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Cramer View Post
            The 200 kPa was put in there to add a lot of fuel and pull a lot of timing in case someone puts the MSPNP on a boosted motor.
            after looking at the tune again I see 21* timing at 100kpa. Is that how you guys managed 170+hp out of your ZE probe?

Comment

• I think the MSPNP map has something like 1-2 degrees of timing pulled to account for different motors.
              Matt at DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

• Dyno sheet & conservative fuel/ignition maps

finally decided to go to the dyno and pay a ton of money for one run :-( 86 Euro in Germany... darn close to $100.00 for me.

anyways, here's the tables I used and the dyno sheet. At about 17* at full boost I managed to get 234 WHP and about 240 WTQ

Dyno sheet:

But ever since then, I've been running on these tables:

Hoping to find a decent priced dyno around here for more tune runs.
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

• mid winter in Australia right now... finally got my cold start E85 tuned
                  and this is my final tune for all season driving.... planning to take it up to 200KPA in a few weeks when I have spare time.
                  E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

Comment

• OK my turn :-)

My 2 litre KF engine in my 1968 Viva. Its a stock untouched internally KF DE. Standard KF cams, my own homemade inlet manifold, home made extractors, homemade exhaust, KL throttle body, remotely mounted IAC at rear of plenum chamber. MS2 extra ecu. Mitsi GTslow coils and homemade 36-1 trigger wheel running wasted spark.

My required fuel is a bit high at 20 rather than the initially calculated 12. I kept bumping it up when first trying to start the KLZE engine I had in place for 2 days before it started making funny sounds.
                    I have not reset the required fuel and don't think I need to as the numbers on the VE table seem OK.

Most of my tuning so far has been via veal apart from some manual smoothing. Its running well and returns 35MPG (imp) or 8L/100km for us metric peeps. Worst I have seen from lots of hard driving and town driving is 25mpg!!! I think the Viva only weighing in at 950kgs helps.

I think the ignition table is a bit 'safe' and could be advanced. I have yet to even touch it. The engine started on 3rd turn of the key so I have sort of left it. But compared to others on here it looks a bit retarded around the middle.

Sooo.. it has a current VE table that looks like this...

and afr looks like this- seems a bit rich up top. Certainly when driving it hard i will often see 11s. Want to change that!
                    I have just changed the afr table parameters to match the VE table better and will then look at altering the figures.

Ignition table..

Looking forwards to getting my KLZE back in soon... :-)
                    alex
                    1968 Vauxhall Viva with KLZE V6

Comment

• MOAR TOOOOONS!

I kid, I kid; Seriously though, does anybody have anything new to add to the thread? I'm working on mine again, after ~10 months of inactivity, I'm giving the tuning thing a shot again.

I'll post my stuff once I complete my first "proper" tune.

Comment

• yes, once i get a new processor for my megasquirt i will update mine with timing similar to the factory ZE map and fuel for mill S injectors.
                        Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                        Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                        Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• You're running Milli S injectors on an NA setup?

Did you narrow the pulse-width to maintain the ratio w/o sacrificing pressure?

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

I ask, because I discussed doing exactly such with a friend...

Comment

• Yes at this stage im still N/A, I changed my req fuel and didnt touch the fuel pressure, just tweaked the VE, cranking and warmup enrichment. Theres no idle issues with MS1 and mill S injectors, they dont flow so much more that it makes it harder to tune (requiring a lower idle fuel pressure if thats what your getting at).
                            Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                            Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                            Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• I'd love to see your timing adjustment to similar to the factory map. I can say that you can probably advance 3 degrees across the board from the factory map and be safe.
                              '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                              '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                              '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

• Originally posted by V6viva View Post
                                OK my turn :-)

My 2 litre KF engine in my 1968 Viva. Its a stock untouched internally KF DE. Standard KF cams, my own homemade inlet manifold, home made extractors, homemade exhaust, KL throttle body, remotely mounted IAC at rear of plenum chamber. MS2 extra ecu. Mitsi GTslow coils and homemade 36-1 trigger wheel running wasted spark.
                                you are running too rich at WOT, and your timing is too far advanced. I've played with all sorts of timing and air/fuel ratios, and for n/a, I would say that 13.0:1 is the best for horsepower with the K series, and around 28-29 degrees timing is the best, unless you run 87 octane, then 27 degrees is best. I'm talking about WOT between 3500 and 7000rpm.
                                1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
                                2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
                                2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Working...
                                X