AFR
    Boost Duty
    Dash
    -Jeff-
    '96 16v ATX couple 12" subs
    '96 16v MTX Megasquirt, Turbo, E-85
    my cardomain pages

Comment

also in MS, you need to set your switch point for the afr to 2.35volts when set to 10-20afr.
      '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
      '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
      '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

i know some people leave their switch point at 2.5V but i remember when i did the maths that if you don't change it to 2.35v then it puts your a/f ratio out by 0.2:1 (the more accuracy the better so i changed mine to match), thanks for pointing that out SuperSquid, its been over 3 months since i've driven the probe so im forgetting it all.
        Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
        Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
        Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

SRT8 killer maps 550's

2.5" full mandrel+borla,
          DE/ZE hybrid
          wicked porting&CC'd heads
          ported+knifed Curved neck
          67mm TB
          Colt turbo cams
          mbx fpr 1:1 rising rate
          30 PSI base pressure
          255lph
          modded 550cc's
          MSD,Tw pipes
          t3/t04e .63/.60 57trim
          AVC i/c welded to 2.25" inlet/2.5" out(for spool time)

1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

mac, today I decided to take a look at my spark map since I haven't played with it for some time...I was looking at yours and it seems your are running a couple degrees less timing in pretty much every area than everyone who posted their maps here...is there a reason to it, like safer? That's what I'm running right now...:

Last edited by poissonn; October 2, 2010, 09:36 AM.
            MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

I think I ran it safely like that because at the time I was running all the way to 195kpa but my map as you can see hits 175kpa so my timing went flat at 175. Then I got off my lazy butt and compressed my map to accomodate 200kpa tuning. How come you dont give yourself a signiture so we know what you got.
              Last edited by mac1; October 3, 2010, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                I think I ran it safely like that because at the time I was running all the way to 195kpa but my map as you can see hits 175kpa so my timing went flat at 175. Then I got off my lazy butt and compressed my map to accomodate 200kpa tuning. How come you dont give yourself a signiture so we know what you got.
                LOL never thought about the signature, now it's done Anyway, I'm going to run it a little safer I think though. I want this engine to last longer than the previous one so I'm gonna play it safe until I get on the dyno next april...

Comment

You see now were talking. I see you are running Milly S injectors, that map was with S injectors up to 15psi and would stay at 12:1 afr.

Comment

wow! I'm certainly not the one who would have the guts to try 15psi on millys injectors...and on a stock engine! I'll try to mess with your map then and see how it goes!

Comment

What sucks is that my current setup is slower then that one. I can no longer beat that same SRT8.

Comment

That sucks. I guess this means you had it tuned pretty damn well with the milly injectors! Are you only street tuning your car or you'll bring it on a dyno sometimes? How much time does it take you to tune your VE?

Comment

Back them I would have a co-driver while I manually inputed the numbers and yeah it was flawless. Now I do it myself with Megalogviewer but something is slowing me down.

Comment

i check out the table and afr target and mine are very similar but idle, on my n/a klze i run around 13.5 afr at idle and 13dregree advance and i get a very smooth idle, and for my BP-T i st it to 12.5 afr idle to colling down the turbo and i also get a very smooth idle running like a ball bearing engine and a 12 degree advance. all engine run without IAC, speed density, 800 rpm, 029v for the kl and 029y4 for the bp-t
                            mx-3quebec.com member, mx3 lightweight klze all motor fully built, 323 bp-t@25 psi beater

Comment

Yeah if I remove vacuum line to FPR i get 12:1 afr and a smooth idle, but I cant afford that.

Comment

Yeah, my car idles smoother with a 13:1 AFR so that's where mine is set to, with 10* of advance. I have a high idle problem because of a vac leak or the iac so if i jump the advance to 12 it idles at like 1500rpm...too high.

mac, why did you keep the fpr vacuum line hooked up? I tuned my car with pressure set to 60psi without the vacuum line and I tuned from there. Any benefits in keeping the vacuum source?

Comment

Working...
                                X