No announcement yet.

megasquirt - post your tables/msq here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you guys using the stock knock sensor with your JnS?
    1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

• nope I bought a sensor off him but apparently it will work with stock.

I'm skeptical with these sort of things so I always go for something new rather than use the 19year old sensor.
      An image of the RR mx missle knock sensor position, its where I installed mine too.
      Last edited by sleepinglh; December 23, 2011, 01:34 PM.
      E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

Comment

• Ah thanks for the pic. I think that will be my next purchase for the car.
        1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

• but not in that location, kinda low.
          1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
          1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
          2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
          2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
          1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by Sergio View Post
            Everyone needs to run their injectors in "simultaneous double fire" - anything else is idle suicide on a V6 with MS1 or 2. Don't just bandaid the problem by running rich - the very first EFI systems back in the day (before sequential) used this and were able to idle at stoich!

Set injector staging to simultaneous and 2 injection events per engine cycle.

Also set a proper injector opening time - note that this should really be labeled injector dead time because it is really t = injector open - injector close. If you have Milly S injectors, put in 0.78ms.

Now you can idle at 16:1 AFR if you so choose.

Verify ignition timing with a light and the engine will like anything between 10-14, with a slight preference to the higher end of the scale.
            Sergio you're right about SDF setting, at least in my case. But as far as opening time, .87 made my car run like total garbage for some reason. 1.000 was the standard setting recommended by megamanual. However, in my case with 285cc injectors, it ran smoother when I kicked it up to 1.040 opening time actually. Don't know why. But with simultaneous double fire, and idle ignition at around 18* it idles pretty decent...after I rev it up on a cold start and then let it idle.

Weird, I know.
            1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
            1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

• Originally posted by yellow2point0 View Post
              Sergio you're right about SDF setting, at least in my case. But as far as opening time, .87 made my car run like total garbage for some reason. 1.000 was the standard setting recommended by megamanual. However, in my case with 285cc injectors, it ran smoother when I kicked it up to 1.040 opening time actually. Don't know why. But with simultaneous double fire, and idle ignition at around 18* it idles pretty decent...after I rev it up on a cold start and then let it idle.

Weird, I know.
              When you change the opening time you're changing the pulse width. You would need to adjust your VE table after making the change. Either way, you should tune this value based on how I suggested earlier - switch between Simultaneous/2 and Simultaneous/3 until your idle AFR doesn't change.

Comment

• Hmmm...ill try again. Just it died on me when I switched to simultaneous/3 as I recall.

At the moment got a bit more important matters to tend to, such as becoming a father yesterday, for example ;-)

Sergio, did you get your KL to idle good yet?
                Last edited by yellow2point0; January 16, 2012, 02:23 AM.
                1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked

Comment

• Originally posted by yellow2point0 View Post
                  Hmmm...ill try again. Just it died on me when I switched to simultaneous/3 as I recall.

At the moment got a bit more important matters to tend to, such as becoming a father yesterday, for example ;-)

Sergio, did you get your KL to idle good yet?
                  You need to change the setting with the car turned off.

Well my colt race cam motor blew up but it wasn't too bad 1000rpm and slightly rich - pretty much the best I could do without sequential injection with those cams. New season I'll be running a stock KLZE so I should be able to idle clean.

You can hear it idle (race cams) for a few moments in these 1/4 mile vids:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHc4SoKBl7Q
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1PhAvMpUHk
                  Last edited by Sergio; January 16, 2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Sorry to jump in so late in this thread...

So simultaneous/2 is suggested for MS1? Could this finally be the explanation as to why my AFR fluctuates after a restart? Sometimes idle will be smooth and other times I'll get backfires and unsteady idle.

I'd guess that injector wiring isn't an issue in this case as all injectors fire at once regardless of bank, correct? Meaning 1,3,5 and 2,4,6 would work as well as 1,4,5 and 2,3,6.

I wonder if the ported ZE heads I installed on this built motor have amplified this always present problem. Ever since this motor went in, I've had backfiring/popping upon slight cruising (just short of over run fuel cut). Sounds just like it's running lean and it makes sense that more air in the cylinders (ported heads) would produce this issue when the cylinder is starving for fuel.

Just to confirm, I'm running ZE cams, ported ZE heads, stock C/R, stock injectors (have milli-s, could switch if I'll be re-doing the VE table anyway).

Should I be running simultaneous?
                    Last edited by jmmdm2; January 19, 2012, 02:30 PM.
                    DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
                    Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
                    BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

• Originally posted by jmmdm2 View Post
                      Just to confirm, I'm running ZE cams, ported ZE heads, stock C/R, stock injectors (have milli-s, could switch if I'll be re-doing the VE table anyway).

I had better success rate with simultaneously/2. Also, while idling, I tinkered a bit with injector opening time. Set at 1.000 originally, Sergio suggests to set at .87, which didn't work for me YET. However, changing it to 1.040 seemed to smooth it out for me. I'm using millenia s injectors also, by the way. Lately haven't had the time to mess with it since just became a father and all :-) I'll try this weekend. I love smooth idles :-)

Comment

Sorry to jump in so late in this thread...

So simultaneous/2 is suggested for MS1? Could this finally be the explanation as to why my AFR fluctuates after a restart? Sometimes idle will be smooth and other times I'll get backfires and unsteady idle.

I'd guess that injector wiring isn't an issue in this case as all injectors fire at once regardless of bank, correct? Meaning 1,3,5 and 2,4,6 would work as well as 1,4,5 and 2,3,6.

I wonder if the ported ZE heads I installed on this built motor have amplified this always present problem. Ever since this motor went in, I've had backfiring/popping upon slight cruising (just short of over run fuel cut). Sounds just like it's running lean and it makes sense that more air in the cylinders (ported heads) would produce this issue when the cylinder is starving for fuel.

Absolutely this is why it fluctuates. Give it a try, I've had great success on all my MS installs with Simultaneous/2. The only exception ever is if you have massive injectors... then just get MS3 and run sequential.

Comment

• Yup...my DIYPNP is ms2extra powered, yet sdf makes my car run smooth...especially idle!

Comment

• good stuff guys, thanks!

i knew there had to be some correlation between restarts and fueling issues with MS. it was too consistent not to be the direct result of fueling issues.

I'd be fiddling with it right now had i not slipped on the ice this morning... elbow is now the equivalent of a turkey drumstick on thanksgiving. crunch, crackle, etc.

running s/2 means a full VE edit right? would you guys suggest wiring each bank as one channel or just leave it since they'll all fire at once anyway? i already asked that somewhere didn't i? sorry, good pain meds.

congrats to yellow2point0

Comment

I'd be fiddling with it right now had i not slipped on the ice this morning... elbow is now the equivalent of a turkey drumstick on thanksgiving. crunch, crackle, etc.

running s/2 means a full VE edit right? would you guys suggest wiring each bank as one channel or just leave it since they'll all fire at once anyway? i already asked that somewhere didn't i? sorry, good pain meds.

congrats to yellow2point0
                              Ouch!!! Sounds painful, bro. We have black ice everywhere here in Germany lately too :-/

But, yes. You will probably have to retune your VE. Maybe this is the reason mac1 and poisonn were wondering why my VE table looked different from theirs

Comment

• Very good, I was expecting this would require all new VE values so I'll install the milli-s injectors at the same time. You know, make it more complicated for myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X