N/A stratified users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N/A stratified users

I have a few quick Q's for those still N/A running a stratified ECU on a KL.

Do you still get normal CEL on the dash when there is an issue with something? I know they come with a plug and play base tune.

For someone with all the standard normal bolt ons (headers, fidanza, CAI, MSD coil, Ext. module) would it benefit me to get one now? Like have you seen or felt on your "butt dyno" any power gains. I just want to get one and play with it and learn the system a bit so I dont blow up the motor. I still want to get wisco Hi comp pistons, colt cams, bigger TB, and port and polish the IM. I think those alone would get me real close to 200. Long term I want to go with ITB's and MAYBE stroke the motor to a 2.7 but if thats proven too hard to source all parts a turbo or SC wouldnt be out the question. Im sure it would be 1000X easier and cost ALOT less in time money and heart ache.

My stock WHP goal is 215 on a ZE by any means necessary and if I can stay N/A I would rather go that route.

Also before its said I did search but I didnt find any first hand answers of what I was exactly looking foir....
    View my worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

No you wont get the CEL anymore. I would recommend dyno with a stock ecu, then work your tune around that so you know if you are gaining or losing power.. It is very hard to tell with butt dyno any changes in power as most of the time it is a very small change, for a limited amount of time...
    1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

Working...
    X