Anyone using GPS with Tunerstudio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using GPS with Tunerstudio?

I recently saw tunerstudio has a GPS integreation for calculating fuel economy and horsepower and torque, seems like a cool add on, but $80 for a GPS receiver from them is more then Id spend for these options.

Id like to see if Anyone is using the gps features and if they like it, how accurate is it with the hp and tq? What type of GPS receiver are they using? I did some google searching on it and couldnt find anything other then people having problems setting it up. No reviews or videos or screen shots.

Wow it has GPS integration? I already have a GPS receiver. I guess once I get off my butt and finally install my MS2, I'll have to try it out.
    Canadian 94 MX6 LS Mystere
    #51 Zero Racing

Comment

I don't have any experience tunerstudio and GPS, but I have that same GPS receiver (the QStarz) for autocross data acquisition. That unit seems to be by far the best option; $80 may seem like a bit much, but it's totally worth it. The specified accuracy is 3m but in my experience, with a good signal it seems to be able to do much better than that. Based on that, I'd assume that it probably wouldn't be the limiting factor in the accuracy of those values.
      1990 Miata - Purpose built autocross machine / Summer DD...wait, that doesn't seem right
      2000 Focus ZX3 - Winter DD
      1992 Miata - Winter beater / parts car
      1991 Probe LX - Exactly as reliable as it needed to be - Sold
      1997 Probe 2.0 - DD / mildly under-prepared autox car - Officially dead at 230k

Comment

Working...
      X