MS base timing setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS base timing setup

I just got around to setting up the base timing, and before the MS I verified I was getting 10 advance in diagnosis mode, then MS went in and I had fixed timing to 10 and had to adjust the btdc setting to 70. Just want to know if this is normal to other MSers.
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

I guess it's nothing to worry about then I take it.
    2000 ZX2 w/ '95 Millenia KL swap, MSPNP (VAF delete, IAT mod, AEM Wideband, Coilpack), MFactory LSD w/ 3-4-5 gearset and 'Plate Mod' 626 trans, Aeromotive fuel system, custom DSS 500hp axles, AWR solid trans mounts, KLG4 IM, MX3 GS brake booster/master combo, GT35 turbo w/ custom 3" downpipe, Ford Racing ZX2 inverted coilovers, Cusco camber plates all around w/ Cusco strut tower bar, custom made traction bars to frame rails, and lots more.

Comment

as long as in your car the reported timing advance of the MS agrees with the physical timing advance you see with a timing light everything should be good
      '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
      '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
      '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Working...
      X