supercharger overdrive pulley MS settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supercharger overdrive pulley MS settings

Today (after over 3 years of boosting just less than 4PSI) i decided to start working on putting the overdrive pulley on.

The hard part is done and it appears the new pulleys timing marks are only off by about 2deg which is pretty acceptable:

The new pulley in the same position:

Clears my PS delete pulley nicely:

Just need a longer belt for the SC and the dirty work is over.

Any-who has anyone else ever fitted one of these? If so can you please share your MS settings as ive gone from the factory crankshaft sensor (6-0) to this 36-1 wheel and a starting point will make the rest of my job much easier.
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Well i got her started today, settings are as follows for those interested (please note i am running a MSD6A which changes a few settings and also makes my dial back timing light useless above cranking rpm):
    spark mode = toothed wheel
    skip pulses = 3
    trigger wheel arrangement: Dual wheel with missing teeth
    trigger wheel teeth = 36
    missing teeth = 1
    tooth #1 angle = 54.0deg
    wheel speed = crank wheel
    second trigger active on = falling edge

a pic for the sake of pics (not many cars require taking a wheel off to increase the boost):

Since i could only time it while cranking i need to use another timing light to dial in the #1 tooth angle position (and latency if it changes based on wheels, im assuming it wont). There is a distinct wobble to the overdrive pulley so im going to have to pull it off and shave the mating surface is perfectly flush, other then that is looking good at the moment. cant wait to kill my alternator over-driving it once its all going again.
    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Working...
    X