ProbeAddiction turbo kits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProbeAddiction turbo kits...

Since I am a new member I cannot post a link... but I am sure most of you are familiar with PA. I was plannin to buy their "Stage 4" kit for my PGT KLZE. The kit includes the following:
    • Probeaddiction stainless steel turbo piping (primaries , uppipe, downpipe)
    • T3.To4e Turbo w/ 3" filter
    • Type S blow off valve
    • 35mm Wastegate
    • Oil feed line and return kit (stainless braided hose with adapter fittings)
    • Hose Techniques turbo hose couplers (asst. sizes)
    • T-band turbo clamps (asst sizes)
    • 12:1 FMU with fuel rail adapter and stainless steel braided hosing
    • Assorted vaccum fittings, lines, nuts and bolts
    • Battery relocation kit w/ circuit breaker and power/ground wire for relocating to the trunk (show quality)
    • Probeaddiction Intercooler piping 2.5"
    • Intercooler 2.5" in / out polished- additional couplers and clamps
    • Walbro 255 lph HP in tank fuel pump
    • Apexi AVCR electronic boost controller
    • AEM wide band Air fuel gauge
    • MEGASQUIRT ECU

Let me admit, I have not the slightest clue about what is required for forced induction. I would like to get my probe up and running on around 6-8 psi of boost.

Has anyone had any experiences with the PA turbo kits? Are they safe/reliable? Aside from the parts included in the "Stage 4" kit, what else would be required for me to safely run 6-8 psi?

Im running a 94 pgt on a stock klze with CAI, headers, full catless exhaust, iridium plugs, and ngk performance spark plug wires.

I have also heard that boosting a KLZE is a bad idea... any additional feedback on this topic would also be quite helpful!!

Thanks in advance
    BliZzArD

In terms of value this is a bad idea you are spending alot more than need be if you bought all the parts urself new or used,,,, If i were you i would wait with any purchase of turbo parts until you due some more research into a forced induction setup,,,,, Throwing money at a kit without an understanding is going to lead to an ocean of headaches and problems,,,,,
    browse the site,, ream corky bell's maximim boost,,, and it also sounds like you are a bit ignorant on engine perfomance in whole,,,,, Just my two cents
    Good Luck and it with all be worth it in the end,,,
    I like Cars
    Mx-3 Kl Turbo Show/Weekend
    94 Rx7 Montego Blue Touring All Stock
    93 Protege Lx
    1967 Winnebago (Party Wheels)

Comment

there is alot of information about this subject in pt, search function is your friend. The probeaddiction kits sell on ebay for really cheap. They are cheap but they work, I have a set of the pipes myself. Depends on what your are lookin for, for a daily driver not a good idea.

Comment

i searched with no real results on the PA kits. seems to me that ebay kits are a lot more popular among probe owners. one of my main concerns is people have expressed that it is a bad idea to boost a KLZE because of its relatively high compression. its my daily driver, would i be better off just gettin a 75 wet shot of nitrous for the sake of reliability, or can stock KLZE engines handle a small amount of boost?

Comment

it all depends on how much time and know how to be messing around with your car,,,,, Most guys start here with ebay kits and simple fuel control,,, I would not buy the probe addiction turbo kit,,,, enless you got money to toss away,,, you could cut that price in half with a bit of looking around,,, as for nitrous never owned or been in a car with nitrous but ive never had any respect for a nitrous setup myself
          I like Cars
          93 Protege Lx

Comment

You really need to get to know your car a alot more and read up on F/I and such before you decide to spend that amount of money. Turboing a car is a big deal even if you know what your doing.
            1996 PGT-T...SOLD
            N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Comment

hehe mxrx... money to toss away?? if only i had that problem...

i do not have the money to buy a kit yet but i am trying to prepare ahead of time and learn more about it that way when it comes to actually boosting my car (hopefully in the summer, if money allows) i will have a good understanding of it all.

would it be safe to run 5psi on an ebay kit if i bought a megasquirt ecu and a walbro 255? if not, what else would i need to keep my daily driver in peace of mind.

Comment

i'm planning on boosting this summer myself. i would suggest reading everything you can about it. im piecing my kit together as i have the funds and its gonna be reasonable

i guess i would make sure it got tuned by a pro. all the best parts in the world and a bad tune = a broke down money pit.

Comment

you would be able to run 5 psi on a klze with basic fuel control,, Ebay kits are fine even the turbo if properly takin car of,, there are many cars making 300whp on relativly cheap setups,,,, yes megasquirt would be better but i would never attempt it before some turbo experiance is gained or its going to be one big headache start small and work your way up
                  I like Cars
                  93 Protege Lx

Comment

Are you shure first of all that it is a true ze if its a stock pgt then it should be a de boost is alot more forgiving on the de then the ze
                    95se t3/o4e .57t.63ar 9psi@11.8afr
                    38mm wastegate,rfl bov,begi fmu,fuel lab afpr,1g 330 injectors,2.5 down pipe,giant fmic,2.5ic piping,2.5 exhaust,sts,msd coil ,pa wires,bkr7e-11.7.5 fidanza fw,spec stg1, I dont have enough rooms to list all the mods now Burning through third gear fun. When they say custom 2.0 turbo they aint lyin. Its not peer pressure its just your turn!

Comment

you don't have to go with a probe addiction turbo kit unless you like to spend alot of money!

to boost your car safely and correctly you need
                      -turbo
                      -headers
                      -intercooler
                      -piping
                      -bigger fuel pump
                      -bigger injectors
                      -fuel pressure regulator
                      -air fuel ratio tuner
                      -air fuel ratio gauge
                      -boost gauge

The reason more people boost a KLDE is because it has lower compression then a KLZE.

You can still boost a KLZE but its a tad bit more dangrous and harder to tune with higher compression.

you notice that the probe addiction kit doesn't include your gauges.

megasquirt is really expensive for a simple 6-8 pounds

SAFC is cheaper

plus don't forget bigger exhaust and intake

Comment

exactly how much cheaper is the SAFC?? and is it easier to install/work with?? i was planning to go megasquirt just for the sake of upping the boost eventually. since i have no boost experience whatsoever (and being 18, not all that much mechanical experience or know-how in the first place) i was thinking a simple and reasonable task would be to get my car running on boost safely at 6-8 psi. and if i felt comfortable with building an engine to take a harder hit, i could plan to go from there upwards into the 15-20 psi range.

informative post though, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by backyardcustoms View Post
                          you don't have to go with a probe addiction turbo kit unless you like to spend alot of money!

to boost your car safely and correctly you need
                          -turbo
                          -headers
                          -intercooler
                          -piping
                          -bigger fuel pump
                          -bigger injectors
                          -fuel pressure regulator
                          -air fuel ratio tuner
                          -air fuel ratio gauge
                          -boost gauge

The reason more people boost a KLDE is because it has lower compression then a KLZE.

You can still boost a KLZE but its a tad bit more dangrous and harder to tune with higher compression.

you notice that the probe addiction kit doesn't include your gauges.

megasquirt is really expensive for a simple 6-8 pounds

SAFC is cheaper

plus don't forget bigger exhaust and intake
                          you should really do some research yourself and get ur facts staight before you convince someone to waste their hard earned money and ruin their engine. everyone should know that a SAFC will NOT work on the v6 engines we have because the computor ignores certain sensors at WOT and you will blow your engine on boost. now as for safc being cheaper, not necisarily. an safc is around 250 300 dollars, a preassemble MS unit range from 150 unassembled 245 assembled for MS1 V2.2 all the way to 5 600 dollars for more complex units. if you have any ???s you can PM me i will help you out.
                          Last edited by performanceprob; January 16, 2009, 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          1994 BASE GT-T @10PSI (at the moment)T3/T4 57 trim, 2.5" intercooler pipe, intercooled, built engine 9.0compression weisco. interprep valvesprings.
                          MS1 V3.0 had 550s now 330 millis for short term (10psi) 368HP 352TQ 15 PSI dynojet
                          12.6 1/4 mile 118 MPH

Comment

PM'ed.

Comment

i know from building motors when puting a turbo in a car the cam plays alot in the bost i race 2.3 on dirt oval and and have a seca car to that is turbo and my cam are completley fiffrent the lobee seperation with the duration u want a duration around230 260 for turbo its hard explain on here as the klze has small duration to bring up the compression and longer degree in cam lobs as if the turbo would need more like everyone sayine on here look in to it one slip up on boost will go boom when u have a motor that never seen boost befor and not ringed for turbo and blow out botom end

Comment

Working...
                              X