E85 on 7psi of boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85 on 7psi of boost

Bored with my recently bought lexus SC430 charged up the mx6 again for the 1st time in months, 5min warm up. @14seconds when the 2nd psssssst wastegate sound stops it was at the top of 2nd Gear 100kph+
    I gotta say its was fun >.<! but everyone in my family hates it since its rough and sits low even though it has stock suspension right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLf1X...ature=youtu.be
    E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

MX6 with 10:1 KLZE swap+ DE Intake manifold + t3 Super45 turbo + E85 & 7psi of boost, 1000cc/min FD3S injectors in stock rail + 9lbs SPEC flywheel + ACT 6puck sprung clutch + water to air intercooler + Synapse Wastegate + Walbro 255 fuel pump + NGK AFX + Megasquirt PNP standalone EMS from Stratifiedauto.com Engine swapped tuned by myself. Stripped out rear trunk no spare wheel & full interior with A/C, APEXI Twin Chanmber BOV removed.... what you hear is the wastegate.
    No Brake or Suspension upgrade.
    Pushing about 350HP @ the crank expect over 400hp with 10-12psi on stock internals.
    is that really your mod list?
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Well yes but I did miss out a few like below
      J & S Interceptor knock controller
      Fuellab AFPR
      IAT mod
      DE-CAT
      140amp alternator
      Booth VRIS tied open
      King6 poly motor mounts

Why ask ~_^?
      E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

Comment

because it sais your allready on e85?
        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Yer I've tuned to E85 months ago. Just haven't driven it much since......

Comment

Hey man nice to see you got it up and running!

Couple of questions for you!!!! How do you have your JandS setup up.

For me.....I had to turn it to about 1/8 from off before it stopped hearing phantom detonation. Does that sound right to you?

And when you had it set did you test it like add tons of timing to see if you could induce pinging then take it away to see if it actually heard it?

Reason I'm asking is becuase I did not attach the vac lines and I HAD to turn it close to off before it would quit freaking out. Now though I'm wondering if it even hears anything!
            mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
            Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

ummm from experience its best to do it vice versa...
              In MS ignition settings FIX timing to 10 so it will not ping and try reving your engine or drive it around at high load 3-5k RPM 3/4 throttle on a slope but smooth road.
              see how much sensitivity you can manage under those conditions.

I did it so the lights barely light up at all with fixed timing then move on to timing by the usual TABLE and watch the gauge light up as you put load on the engine....
              you will be surprised how much the engine will ping with moderate timing.

good luck let us know how you go.... J&S is like a set of eyes inside the cylinder.... I fell in love the moment I had it set up properly.....

and about the vac line.... I never put one on I'd like it to detect pinging even under vacuum
              Last edited by sleepinglh; May 18, 2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepinglh View Post
                ummm from experience its best to do it vice versa...
                In MS ignition settings FIX timing to 10 so it will not ping and try reving your engine or drive it around at high load 3-5k RPM 3/4 throttle on a slope but smooth road.
                see how much sensitivity you can manage under those conditions.

I did it so the lights barely light up at all with fixed timing then move on to timing by the usual TABLE and watch the gauge light up as you put load on the engine....
                you will be surprised how much the engine will ping with moderate timing.

good luck let us know how you go.... J&S is like a set of eyes inside the cylinder.... I fell in love the moment I had it set up properly.....

and about the vac line.... I never put one on I'd like it to detect pinging even under vacuum
                One last question for you......Did you hook the vacuum up to it or leave that off?
                mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
                Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

It was off

Comment

Originally posted by sleepinglh View Post
                    It was off
                    Ugh I now have a few more questions for you? First question is what is your water to air intercooler rated at (cfm)? Second question is what pressure drop did you notice after putting it on? Third question is why dont you post more engine pics of your car it looks awesome!

Comment

CFM hmm no idea said to be for up to 300HP but all I care was the compact size at the time.

pressure drop it used to be 6.2-6.5psi went down to like 5psi+ but I noticed the power difference easily when the car is fully warmed up, throttle is much more solid.

Under hood look like A$$ I'll throw up a pic later.....

Comment

Sorry totally forgot about PT since I no longer work on the MX6.
                        Here's the Engine pic https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n..._7006144_n.jpg
                        Last edited by sleepinglh; July 15, 2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I see your from NSW! lol
                          Great to see another KL on the boost around here
                          If your a Sydney resident Id love to see it in action more.
                          1996 PGT ATX: Lvl 10 Torque Converter + Transgo Shift Kit, SS Headers, 2.5 Straight pipe with quad tips, Custom Intake, 3½ lowered with 18's
                          No Longer have the Probe anymore has been sold.

Comment

I'm in Sydney too.
                            Unfortunately I blew the motor in just 6months running 14psi daily.
                            Its no longer registered, have plans to rebuild the car for track.
                            But then again... now I have too many financial commitments.
                            You are free to come by and check out the car if you want.
                            Need any parts let me know... might as well part it out.
                            I have a Clutched M62 supercharger with the transfer shaft too, used to be on my cousin's probe. He sold it for a G37 coupe.
                            Last edited by sleepinglh; July 15, 2014, 10:03 PM.

Comment

lol wrong side of road iv never seen a pov video of driving in another country were its different from usa it was driving me crazy lol
                              Minnesota Probe owner, Looking for others in Minnesota

Comment

Working...
                              X