No announcement yet.

Looking for expert knowledge of electronic controllers for bypass application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for expert knowledge of electronic controllers for bypass application

As the title says -I am looking for someone with expert knowledge of electronic controllers. I would like to hook up a programmable electronic controller to control the bypass valve in my supercharger system. I have a raptor and I am thinking of changing over to the Godzilla or perhaps two of them if needed.

So how do I set up an electronic controller to control where the bypass valve opens and closes to control boost on a programmable curve and variable for different situations such as idle or hard launches or perhaps to even back off the boost some if wheel spin occurs.

I need this for my Bonneville car and I have absolutely no clue on this subject and so I need expert help with some ideas on how to set it up and which controller would be best to buy for my needs (5 or 10 lbs of boost and up to 40 lbs).

Thanks in advance!
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Sounds like you need a wastegate on the intake side. Boost controllers are operated mainly by air pressure and can control anything with an actuated spring (wastegate, bypass valve, etc

Megasquirt 3x can control all of those aspects as well as accept and use input from various sensors to perform various functions (you mentioned wheel spin) you would need to hook up a speed sensor to the rear wheels so it has something to judge against.

But for basic purposes a boost controller will do what you need, all the fancy stuff will require several inputs
    Last edited by polarexpress17; June 20, 2014, 08:35 AM.
    95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
    Built, Not Bought.
    No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
      Sounds like you need a wastegate on the intake side. Boost controllers are operated mainly by air pressure and can control anything with an actuated spring (wastegate, bypass valve, etc
      The bypass valve that I have is vacuum actuated. So can't I use a controller to control how much it blows off or when and based on a programmed performance profile curve?
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

Wouldn't a Apexi avc-r take care of this?? I'm looking under the scramble boost functions and it looks like it can create a linear boost curve and also I has a input to control boost pressure according to gear change ie* 1st gear = 5psi 2nd gear= 7psi etc.
        http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...GIFs/plane.gif

Comment

Originally posted by klze662 View Post
          Wouldn't a Apexi avc-r take care of this?? I'm looking under the scramble boost functions and it looks like it can create a linear boost curve and also I has a input to control boost pressure according to gear change ie* 1st gear = 5psi 2nd gear= 7psi etc.
          That sounds a lot like what I am looking for. I will have a look into it. Thank you much for your input.
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

no problem anytime.
            http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...GIFs/plane.gif

Comment

boost or vacuum doesn't matter, all the controller does is open the valve. doesn't matter if its sucking or blowing Lol
              95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
              Built, Not Bought.
              No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
                boost or vacuum doesn't matter, all the controller does is open the valve. doesn't matter if its sucking or blowing Lol
                Yea -I think I sort of figured that part. I was mostly looking for confirmation and some recommendations for a very good controller. When you run Bonneville -it only takes a slight deviation in hp/tq to cause the wheels to slip and then it is all over with. So I need very accurate control.
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                X