Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbo specific built motor w/ out turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo specific built motor w/ out turbo?

I know some one that is having a turbo engine built. It will be some time before he can get the turbo. He is spenging 4grand on the engine. Then will need to save up for the turbo. But what my questin is with that motor that has lower compression and specifically built for a turbo it won't have much power, will it? He will probably use his old N20 setup until the turbo... How does N20 work with that sort of engine?
    ~SonicRacing~
    PT member #24
    1993 Probe GT -ZE (for sale, $2k)
    1987 RX-7 Turbo II (for sale, $2k)
    2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege (for sale, $22k)

Actually RYGt the engine if done right will be more efficent then the stock one and should make as much if not more power N/A. It is not the best thing to do but is can be dune. He will benefit more when the Turbo is on the car.

I am curious as to what your friend is haveing done to the engine that only cost 4K. I am haveing my engine built and am spending about 9k on the engine alone. So I am just curious as to what he is doing that makes his much more cheep than mine.

John Pardus

Comment

God damn you guys are spending a chunk o cash on your engines,,,mine will be out of the shop in my hands for under 1k,,,but that is just the bottom end
      1988 Mustang LX 5.0 HO Auto(sux) Piss Yellow,, Hooker competion equal length headers, MagnaFlow Mufflers, K+N intake, Air pump axed,,Granatelli fuel pump. Ford Racing 3.73 gears

Comment

How would it be the same amout of power or more than stock?

John, you better run 12's for that price! :smile: 9grand? What could you possible do for that? Is that with the turbo? Everything is beeing built on this engine. Rods/pistons/fuel/coolant/valves/head work... Everything. There is another local guy out here that is building an RX-7(gen2). He had his whole 500hp engine built for 4 or 5 grand...
        ~SonicRacing~
        PT member #24

Comment

Yeah, lets compare rotaries and piston engines while were at it.
          Rotaries have like 100 less parts.
          No cams, no valves, no HLA's, no rods, etc.
          Cant compare apples and furniture varnish.
          David Coleman #1891 - Fastest of any Gen @ MMIV:
          1993 Mazda MX-3 GSR Special Edition - PINK POWA! - KLZE powered!

The Idiot Post Patrol :
          Fighting ignorance one post at a time [this public service brought to you by Nikki and David]

Comment

I wasn't comparing really.... I was giving another figure of engine prices out here. Mayba it cheapa fo engine wuk out 'n these hea pawts.... :smile:
            ~SonicRacing~
            PT member #24

Comment

Working...
            X