Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPM activated switch vs. Window switch???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM activated switch vs. Window switch???

Now I know I am a noob to the N2O, but what is the difference between the RPM activated switch and a Window switch? Is there really a difference. I only ask due to the searching that I did the window switch turns on the N2O at a certain RPM and shuts it off at a certain RPM. To me that sounds the same as the RPM activated switch. Maybe I am reading too much into this.

Help this N2O noob out
    04 - Ion 3 - It gets me from point A-B.
    93 - PGT Black - SOLD

"Ya know, my blown struts and rattling shift knob, and peeling clearcoat and rusting fenders, and rusting underbody, and fading paint, and door dings and broken ball joint all add character to my car. " -- VTEC_EATER

The activation switch doesn't shut the juice off ...... it uses one pill to turn something on above a particular RPM.

So if you miss a shift and floor it you can kiss your motor good-bye.

But the window switch will turn the nitrous off at set rpm so if you miss a shift and hit rev limiter the car doesn't blow up.

TARMAC BLACK 2006 EVOLUTION 9 SPECIAL EDITION 430WHP

JJM CUSTOM TUNE /// ETS FMIC /// HKS TBE EXHAUST /// BBK TURBO /// OHLINS COILOVERS /// FIC 1100 INJECTORS

www.BOOSTEDFILMS.com

MY CAR DOMAIN

Comment

i still need to get me a window switch, i missed a gear the other day......thank got i didnt hit rev limiter, scared the shit out of me tho.
      94 Rio Red PGT---sold
      91 Aztech Red 240sx Coupe ---wrecked(not by me) and sold
      93 White 240sx Coupe---Enough of everything

Comment

I have a question how do you set the rpm you want it to turn on and off with the window switch?
        1998 Milano Red Civic DX 5spd - 1797cc B18C

photoPOC

Comment

Originally posted by redline5th
          I have a question how do you set the rpm you want it to turn on and off with the window switch?
          on and off settings use seperate rpm pills.
          2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
          2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

So when you go to shift will the nitrous stop spraying with this system? Or do I have to manually turn it off, shift, turn on, spray.

I am wondering if it is like the cruise control, in that as soon as you push the clutch in it disengages, but then I suppose you have to hit resume if you wanted to cruise again. Hopefully this is making sense in the comparison here.
            04 - Ion 3 - It gets me from point A-B.
            93 - PGT Black - SOLD

"Ya know, my blown struts and rattling shift knob, and peeling clearcoat and rusting fenders, and rusting underbody, and fading paint, and door dings and broken ball joint all add character to my car. " -- VTEC_EATER

Comment

Nitrous is activated when you floor it...and then when you let off...what exactly is a "pill"?
              1998 Milano Red Civic DX 5spd - 1797cc B18C

photoPOC

Comment

ok, the window switch....is still an RPM activated switch, but unlike the regular RPM activated switch, the window switch will shut the accesory(n2o in this case) off at a certain rpm, along with turning it on at a certain rpm.

You insert pills in to the window swich(its the size of a pack of smokes) the pills are the same pills that are used in shift lights and what not. Each pill is labeled for a certain rpm. So if you want the n2o to arm at 4000 rpm, put a 4000 rpm pill in the on slot for the window switch, and if you want the nitrous to shut off at 7000 rpm put a 7000 rpm pill in the off slot.

Now say your flooring it at 3000 rpm and have the nitrous armed, it wont spray untill you hit 4000 rpm. The big safety feature about these window switches is that when you miss a shift, often times you will get back on the gas and bounce off the rev limiter, when you hit rev limiter your fuel gets cut....if your fuel cuts out while spraying, your motor goes boom. Now if your nitrous is tapped in to this window switch, well if you miss a shift, the window switch will cut the nitrous at 7000 rpm which is before it cuts fuel. There for, no boomage. Hope this helps, cuz i spent 5 minutes typing all this, ha. Jeske has a good explanation on how to hook it up and what not, sounds pretty simple. I think the thread was called "why you need a window switch" or somethin along those lines. Anyways, Later
                94 Rio Red PGT---sold
                91 Aztech Red 240sx Coupe ---wrecked(not by me) and sold
                93 White 240sx Coupe---Enough of everything

Comment

Working...
                X