can i usa a dry 50 shot on a atx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i usa a dry 50 shot on a atx?

was just wondering if its possible to use a 50 shot on a atx with out damaging the atx?Want to stay atx but wouldnt mind alil spray here and there not looking to make big hp just want alil help in the hp department.
    1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

i would not spary on a auto some people have had them go with a stock motor or bolt ons but that been said if you dont care if you blow the tranny then yes you can spary. i think someone sparyed a auto with a tranny cooler on it for a few miles like 2000-5000 i think then it started to slip i maybe wrong
    http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2653387.png

Comment

dont even try. the auto tranny is a time bomb as it is.. but if u do, i have a full zex kit u can buy
      Leo
      94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
      98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
      95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

^ if i had the cash i would buy your ZEX kit right now, i look at your sale thread everyday! too bad im broke as hell!

i wouldn't spray an ATX probe unless you have a few back up tranny's.
        95 GT-ZE (Snow white)

http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Snow%20white/
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/93mazdapgt

Comment

Hell I popped a tranny on a stocker and again with spray and bolt-ons. Might want to not spray at all unless you feel like swapping trannies a lot.
          PhotoPOC(tm)
          MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
          93' PGT not stock
          91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

from what i have read.. you'll spend more money building a ATX to handle it then it would take to buy the N2o Kit and all the parts needed to to a manual swap.
            07 Mazda3 bone stock daily
            87 Foxbody 5.0 - 217whp/272tq 12.4:1afr!
            94 MX-6: SOLD!
            93 PGT- ZE, headers, exhaust, CAI, Capsule Racing intake manifold (VRIS delete), Mx3 fw, Act 6-puck, AEM af guage (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Felonofdope View Post
              from what i have read.. you'll spend more money REbuilding a ATX to handle it then it would take to buy the N2o Kit and all the parts needed to to a manual swap.

Fixed
              1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

Wow.

I ran a 45hp shot on my old '95 atx for something like 3 years. The trans never blew, hell it never even had a hiccup. I had an upgraded valve body, an external trans cooler and ran the IAT mod. I did not spray during shifts, or below 3,000rpm. I ran consistent 14.2@98s all day long on that shot (never got to the track when I ran the 75hp shot, but my trans also handled that)

Now if you really want to throw some power at your atx, you can also upgrade the entire trans to a unit that will handle 450ft/lbs without a problem. It will cost close to $2000 including labor though. Sure it is more than a manual swap, but you won't have to worry about your trans popping at high hp levels either.

If I was still into nothing but drag racing, I wouldn't even be messing with a manual.
                Last edited by pgtfreak; August 6, 2010, 06:05 PM.
                '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

thanx,might use a 35 shot one day and see how it does.How do u not spray between shifts on an auto?Did the iat mod really help?what where your other mods on the atx car besides the nos?
                  1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Comment

IAT mod helps, thanks to it boosting line pressure. this helps the trans handle the shift better.
                    I didn't spray during shifts, by flipping the main switch off at the top of the RPM range, then back on after the shift.

Other mods were, FDs (front tires at 22psi, rears at 40psi), no A/C, no CC, no rear seat, or rear panels, Pacesetter headers, a hot air intake, Phenolic spacers, mild port on the IM (that I did myself), test pipe, custom 2.25" mandrel bent catback, tokico blues, eibach springs, and an Unorthodox UDP. Pretty sure that was everything that related to performance, if I remember something else I'll edit this post. Really just basic bolt on stuff.

To launch, I would brake torque to 1,800rpm.
                    '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                    '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Hey man,where did you get a beefed up ATX built for about 2K? Last time I looked,level 10's was $3,298.?...I wouldn't mind checkin that out myself.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

any other things i need to do to run a 35 dry shot?

Comment

Working...
                        X