walbro 255 needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walbro 255 needed?

gonna go with a zex safe shot next year,its dry comes with a 35 hp shot.My mods are in my sig,can my stock fuel pump handle that or do i need to upgrade it?And can i spray with the vris stock or do they really need to be tied open?just lookn for alil bump in power nothing huge.
    1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Stock fuel pump should be all you need for 35hp. I use a 190 for a wet 75 shot. 255 is not needed unless you are going over 100 shot, or turbo.
    '94 PGT - MTX, KLG4 IM/xtremethings ECU, CAI, Headers, cat delete, Magnaflow, STS, Phenos, HEI mod, XTD 6-puck on a molly flywheel, Walbro 190, ZEX wet system, "Jacked" VRIS, pillar gauges, nav, Kitted & Winged. Why you so slow?

Comment

do i really need to tie open the vris or no?
      1996 PGTZE,eBay headers,cat less ,INTAKE,POLY MM,12pd FLYWHEEL,Maffed,kitted,lowered,9.3 1/8th mile,75mph and more to come

Comment

I ran into a series of nitrous backfires with mine when I didn't have them jacked up.
        '94 PGT - MTX, KLG4 IM/xtremethings ECU, CAI, Headers, cat delete, Magnaflow, STS, Phenos, HEI mod, XTD 6-puck on a molly flywheel, Walbro 190, ZEX wet system, "Jacked" VRIS, pillar gauges, nav, Kitted & Winged. Why you so slow?

Comment

yes Stock Fuel pump is fine, but dont use a dry shot, get a Wet shot nitrous system! alot safer!

just make sure to change to colder sparkplugs and keep a eye on the sparkplugs to see how the engine is running under nitrous!

and a 50 shot would be perfect and very safe! so dont mind running that.

and yea you have to tie the VRIS open.

Comment

how do u do that? what if im just driving around and want to just spray?

Comment

if your asking about the VRIS then just use zipties to hold both VRIS open at all time... and when you first install the kit and are finished spraying pull the plugs and make sure they are ok.. check the plugs to see if the engine is running lean or rich.. here follow this guide

http://www.4secondsflat.com/Spark_plug_reading.html

spraying is fun! but you just have to monitor the engine to make sure all is well!

Comment

You don't HAVE to tie them open..I would though.

Don't need a fuel pump.

Dry shot is fine, when you are talking about only a 35/50 shot. I personally wouldn't spray more than a 50 shot on a dry kit..
                John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

so whats the down fall of open vris all the time when not sprayn?

Comment

I like having a functioning VRIS system when not spraying, tying and untying the butterflies is a pain. Search "VRIS controller" on this forum, I posted a new VRIS controller mod in Mr. Jake's thread.
                    Last edited by earl8245; October 7, 2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Tying the VRIS open takes MAYBE 5 minutes to do if you have incredible hulk size hands..
                      John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
                      '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
                      '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
                      '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

so what happens if i just spray with leavin the vris alone as is?

Comment

Nothing will happen. I did that all the time. You still get that little 4250rpm kick, but just bigger. Tying them open just frees the passage ways so you can get the most out of the nitrous boost without plates opening and closing based on oem-tested measurements. It really does take a few minutes to do though. You should at least try to at some point so you can study the difference first hand.

An oem pump is fine for what you are looking to do. The 255 is overkill for anything under 100-shot imo. A dry kit will be fine too. At the "shot" you are looking at, all you need is to re-gap your plugs (do a search) and make sure your clutch is decent.
                          2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                          2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Working...
                          X