Old Skool Probe Owner's! Pre-PT pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Skool Probe Owner's! Pre-PT pics?

I know some of you here on PT have had Probes far long than I, even since they came out. But there aren't many of you. I'd like to see a some pics of Probes before PT was even around, before most people even knew what a Probe was.

My first Probe, bought, April of 1999, taken May 2, 1999 just before my senior prom.

Hm.. I'm sure the only prePT pics i have of my '95 are with a nasty uniwiper "mod"
    '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

All of my old Probe pictures have long since been lost in hard drive formats, plus my first Probe web site is gone.
      Barry
      01 Saturn SL2 5-speed
      Easy Way Electronics

Comment

mine:

pimp-ing that hardcore 4x4 mod
        Last edited by blackpgt1994; July 3, 2005, 01:45 AM.
        -Kyle
        93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

i think i have one of mine when it was bone stock and i went autocrossing in it. i'll have to dig it up.

i know i have some of the car before the bumper swap and it was pretty close to being pre-PT.
          ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

i'll have to look too....i have a few- but they are just of my bone stock '89 GL....i've since upgraded
            '04 Silver Mazda3s Hatch... not really stock
            '89 Blue Jeep Cherokee 4x4....yea this isn't stock either
            '46 Gray Pontiac Coupe.. this one is very stock
            '02 Red/Black Honda CBR 600 F4i... some go fast goodies

Comment

Nothin wrong with bone stock, mine was too. I'm pretty sure 99% of Probes were bone stock before PT came around. I was just curious to see how far back some of ya'll could dig. I guess since digital cameras weren't getting popular until recently, there probably won't be many pics online unless they've been scanned.

Comment

I remember when alt.cars.ford-probe news group and probe-perf@amber.org e-mailing group were the thing almost 10 years ago.

Here are a few pic's stock...

Last edited by Jerry Rhodes; July 3, 2005, 11:58 AM.
                Jerry...
                93 Probe GT

My PGT Photo Archive

Comment

Originally posted by SlimmGT
                  Nothin wrong with bone stock, mine was too. I'm pretty sure 99% of Probes were bone stock before PT came around.
                  Hardly. 99% of us had things like Dryer hose intakes, fog light mod, and either a custom, GReddy or Borla catback. three or four guys running nitrous, a couple guys had *gasp* turbo'd their Probe GTs! to the emailing list days.

I think my "mods" back before PT.C, were dryer hose intake (with K&N drop in!!!), uni-wiper, custom catback, no cat, fog light mod, NGk plugs and wires, tint, Eibachs and Tokico blues.
                  '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

OOOH! found a pre-PT pic (pre Eibachs/tokicos too)
                    '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Before PT, taken ~ August of '98. It was my first PGT, automatic, I later converted it to 5 speed, then ZE, then ZE went boom, and sold the car in '03 or so -

2007 Audi RS4
                      Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3
                      The mom's car: White on black GTS, 5 speed, tint.

Comment

Originally posted by FWP!
                        Before PT, taken ~ August of '98. It was my first PGT, automatic, I later converted it to 5 speed, then ZE, then ZE went boom, and sold the car in '03 or so -
                        And EVERYONE hated Will Patterson.

Hiya Will.

Comment

LOL yes, just before I sold the car is when I got my FWP! nickname

Sup Taki!
                          2007 Audi RS4
                          Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3
                          The mom's car: White on black GTS, 5 speed, tint.

Comment

Miss those days of fun "debates". See you in July or November.

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak
                              Hardly. 99% of us had things like Dryer hose intakes, fog light mod, and either a custom, GReddy or Borla catback. three or four guys running nitrous, a couple guys had *gasp* turbo'd their Probe GTs! to the emailing list days.
                              Exactly, but how many people is "us"? A couple hundred? The number of Probe enthusiasts who were modding their cars back in the 90's was definitely a tiny fraction of the total Probes on the road. So really, I meant 99% of all Probes, not 99% of you guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X