Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, If I wasn't so attached to my working a/c, I might think about something like that.
    Sandon Lettieri
    1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
    2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

So far so good. Hope you finish this soon. And DO get some dyno numbers!!
      1995 Mx6 LS

Comment

Originally posted by KM_heisler
        wow that looks unbelievably simple amazing work almost makes me want to consider supercharging instead of turbo hmmmm

only concern is my crossmember is already so low, I cant even fit a jack under it when the car is down, so I wonder how 2.5 inch pipe would fit in.

Also I know nothing about superchargers, do those require an oiling setup like turbo feed and drain? if so looks like drain would be kind of iffy being almost as low as the pan but i dont know, really.
        IIRC they are self contained as far as oil.

Did you have to remove the a/c like Nick did back in the day, or is it still functional?
        Noah
        2000 Audi S4 Stage II+
        95 PGT Sprayed, Turbo'd, Parted, Sold

Comment

Originally posted by TravisWilliams_GT

I might have to go LUNDBERG On her.....

I like the way you think travis.... going LUNDBERG on any car rules.....heh i went Semi Lundberg.... I cant muster up the balls to go full on LUNDBERG tho.
          I've owned the Same Probe for 10 years.

Comment

You have no idea how much I'm struggling between this kit(when it's done) and working A/C.
            Stephen Wilds #303
            PhotoPOC
            BMW 328i
            BMW Z4

Comment

Way to be hardcore, Travis.
              Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

I thought m62's were the clutched ones....which that appears to be I thought m90's had the longer skinnier neck and no clutch
                My Old Cars
                I had a blast at probetalk thank you all for your help, what a great community.

Comment

question about your m90. did you remove the shaft style pulley and place that normal pulley style? i'm almost temptd to go SC instead of turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by shaodome
                    Nice for not having to mod the X member, but having the pipe being the lowest point on the car will cause it to scrape. I had my old turbo piping running the same way. It was OK for the entire year, you just have to be constantly aware of it. Not much more different than say a Lip or a body kit.

One thing you might want to consider travis is some form of safety wire for that pipe. If for whatever that pipe blows off (like if u hit it on a parking curb earlier in the day and then go boost) it will impact the ground and become a vacuum for dirt. Perhaps even a little bracket that attaches somewhere on the lower frame.
                    I had the same thing with my pipes. once they come off at 60 there never the same. I had mine under the crossmemeber and never had a problem( except after that one time it blew off) I just welded some little tabs on the pipes that would prevent the pipes from hitting the ground if I blew off a pipe. It also keep the pipes from completly coming apart.

it looks really good. ever thought about mounting the tb before the supercharger. I wanted to do it when I had my set-up, megasquirt was just coming out so my motor crapped out before I got mine installed.

anyway good luck
                    03 frontier family car/dd
                    93 mx6 tessa's car: ze and just about every bolt on.
                    01 ws6 : 618/695 wrecked tell your kids to use a effing cross walk!!
                    02 35th SS.. heads and cam

Comment

I'm really glad you decided to rebuild the car and not junk it, very nice work
                      Chris
                      93GT royal blue-sold

93GT 5SPD 2.7L-sold
                      so whats next.......

Comment

man that piping is extremely low. I would def. be biting my nails hoping not to scrape.

matt
                        mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
                        Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

Is it just me or does SC look awfully easy compared to TC. I remember doing a lot of cutting and welding to have the turbo and the piping going on the way I wanted them to. I'm sure there is a lot of hassle with most SC setups too though, but I never have really liked the idea of running the SC with a long drive axle as someone did earlier (TKT, and someone else..)

Anyway, looks nice and I'm waiting to see the hp figures on this one. Good job.

Mici
                          Mazda MX-6 LS-T http://www.cardomain.com/ride/466742
                          Audi TT-R 1.8TQ http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2486942
                          Toyota MR2 Spyder http://blopster.galleria.fi/kuvat/MR2Only/
                          Aprilia RSV1000RR Factory

Comment

man you should sell the custom intake and out for the sc, looks huge.
                            92 GT RIP
                            93 GT SOLD
                            2000 Cougar

Comment

Travis,

The setup looks great. I can't remember, but did you have to do any cutting to the frame? My other question is the measurement from the base of the supercharger (where it attaches to the engine block) to the radiator side of the unit. I wonder if it will fit in an MX-3 bay. Thanks and best of luck in the finishing process.
                              Last edited by Stas; February 8, 2006, 08:03 AM.

Comment

well at least i know my sc is working right. Dont beat on it too much travis.

matt
                                mods: Custom intake manifold, Water to Air Intercooler, jands safeguard, pacesetter headers, borlacatback, EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER,millenia s injectors, megasquirt, mx3 fly,ngk wires, Built engine with ze heads and cams,electric exhaust cutout, methanol injection, quaife lsd, and 9-10 psi.
                                Old 160k mile engine dyno result: 245whp 227 ftlbs tq best de 1/4: 13.80 at 103.28mph with a 60' of 2.170 on 6psi. GONNA BE QUICKER SOON!

Comment

Working...
                                X