No announcement yet.

A handicapped PGT almost walking again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A handicapped PGT almost walking again!

Yep, after 3 weeks already im finally getting my PGT on the road again. Yesterday i jump started it, let it idle and watched for any surprises. I did end up with a small drip of oil from the oil return flange (its a bitch to tighten 12AN fitting in there) and a huge leak from the downpipe flange where it meets the exhaust (flange is hanging by a bolt only). Also there's a leak by the wastegate but wont worry about it for a few cycles (cant remove both bolts otherwise i'll need to loosen up the whole hot piping)
    Anyway, here's the first video of it while idling followed by another BOV sound effect

Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
    1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
    1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
    1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

cant wait to see action vid's!!
    93gt 230k dd.
    1993 probe gt
    96 pgt 135k dd
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

Looks good, I like that IC The -12AN fitting doesn't need to be that tight, are you talking about the fitting out of the flange or the end fitting on the line? If you are talking about the end fitting on the line, I just hand tighten mine cause you can't really get any tools up there, and mine doesn't leak
      1994 MX-6 RS -- RIP 1/30/2012
      1996 MX-6 M-Edition
      1993 RX-7 Grand Touring
      2010 Mazda3 Hatch Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by ZE Power MX6 View Post
        Looks good, I like that IC The -12AN fitting doesn't need to be that tight, are you talking about the fitting out of the flange or the end fitting on the line? If you are talking about the end fitting on the line, I just hand tighten mine cause you can't really get any tools up there, and mine doesn't leak
        Yes, the 1/2NPT to 12AN adapter is leaking from the flange as it looks (teflon where are you?). I'll have to remove the 2 bolts because it's easier for me but i'll do that tomorrow as im waiting for a straight 1/2NPT to 12AN (oil pan adaptor), a 1/8NPT Tee (stock OPSU + oil feed line). Today i just bought a battery charger to get my Optima back in life, seems like problem after problem.

Comment

so...you gonna have that thing together enough to drive it up to orlando this weekend so we can finally get your wideband and MS to work together and get you on your way to a proper tune?
          '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
          '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
          '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Sid,
            I dont know yet! Im afraid of that radiator hose bursting before i drive it, the temps were extremy hot even while idling. I'll have to rework the whole thing again as im not feeling coefident enough on it. Also the downpipe needs to be cut and rewelded but thats the last thing im worried for now. I'm crossing my fingers everything wont go as bad as it has been in the past weeks!

Comment

Keep at it... I'm still muddling through little issues (like the funny angle of the downpipe put pressure on my muffler and broke the exhaust hangers off it...) but its so worth it when you get it out on the road and feel it pick up and put you in your seat....
              BC Probe Owners Club is VERY MUCH ALIVE - www.bcpoc.ca
              93 PGT 2.5L SILVER - Stock DE, ZE Intake Manifold, T3/T4 .50/.63 AR Turbo, Valant Turbo Pipes, Tial 38mm Wastegate (~9PSI), Custom Water/Meth Injection, Megasquirt v3 (MSnS-Extra 029q2 Fuel/Spark), Millennia Injectors @ 70psi, 65mm TB, JJ Resonated TP, Centerforce DF Clutch, MX3 Flywheel, AWR Mounts, it begins all over again...
              93 PGT 2.5L BLACK Dismantled
              GARAGE - The hybrid with a piston hole... lots of various leftovers...

Comment

Is that hla's ticking?
                Need a chip or parts for your 1st gen GT go here----->Fordprobeparts.com

Floridafordprobeowners.club

Comment

Looks good so far Rigs, i feel you on having a bunch of minor problems to fix. I am goin thru the same thing and i still have to re weld the dp to fit to my exhaust. Still chasing down leaks and working to get the wideband and MS on the same page to. Also i still have to get my coolant sensor fitted. So dont feel bad man you are not alone.
                  2g probe ze

Comment

looks good! i like the stealthy IC setup!

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedMan View Post
                      Is that hla's ticking?
                      Nope, its the Millenia S injectors making that tick

Comment

Thats good , no need to have to fix them Man i'l have to check out your setup sometime, and bring my friend who has a boosted red 2nd gen Gt over in Clearwater.
                        Here is his http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701110003
                        Last edited by BoostedMan; April 7, 2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Maybe its him or not but i've seen a rio red parked right before the clearwater beach area. Once i get this thing going, i'll stop by you and Sid (Supersquid) as you guys are the closest near me!

Comment

Well...if you don't have it going by this weekend....you should be able to catch a ride over here if B is coming.
                            '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                            '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                            '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Werd
                              That might be him, I don't know exactly where he lives now, he has moved, but he works at a transmission shop, is this were its parked?

Comment

Working...
                              X