Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After a productive weekend...and I need help identifying these things..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a productive weekend...and I need help identifying these things..

Well, I bought this pgt for fairly cheap... Deffinatly needs work..but I got it as my beater to drive while fixing the other car...which I havnt gotten around to doing.

Anyways when I bought it the previouse owner decided to replaced a missing quarter window with a peice of plastic and bolted it right to the car...

Anyways last winter I got a window from a junk yard.. just never got around to putting it in cuz the cold.
    Woke up on my saturday off and fealt like being productive!

paint was buffed right before this picture, and the shine lasted like a week...
    And the after pic

and yes part of the probe logo was scraped off from cutting out the window.

And can anyone tell me wtf these three things are...

I would guess the one is maybe a fog light bulb?...no fog lights though. And the other two maybe some relays for something? All I know is they proabably need replaced as the rubber covers were full of anti freeze from when it over heated... any help?

oh, and I'm thinking of spraying some cheap single stage paint on it.. withen a month or so. whenever I can get another weekend off. My job requires I work like 3 saturdays of the month. gay
    Last edited by reaper317; April 7, 2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My kitted probe http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2158378

Those are the cooling fan relays I'm pretty sure. Anyone confirm?

Comment

Middle is the fog light harness and the outer ones are the air bag sensors I think...
      '93 PGT MTX - DD
      '97 Mustang Cobra : MAC O/R H - MAC Catback - 4.30's - PRO 5.0 Shifter - Eibach Pro-kit - Tokico Blue's - MM C/C Plates - Chrome Cobra R's :

Comment

hmm if they are cooling fan relays, that could deffinatly explain why teh cooling fans never kick on.

And if they are air bag sensors... I should probably figure out where they are supposed to be mounted and get em back asap.

Either way, if we figure out what they are, can anyone tell me where/how they should be mounted? I doubt they should be flopping around down there.

and a little more on the fog light, the buttons in teh dash under the hvak, is the second to last for the fog light? I thought it might have been like hi beams or somethen... but fog lights would make since now that I know it used to have them

thanks guys!
        Last edited by reaper317; April 7, 2008, 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

High and low speed cooling fan relays, yes.
          2007 Audi RS4
          Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3
          The mom's car: White on black GTS, 5 speed, tint.

Comment

^ sweet. thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by reaper317 View Post
              ^ sweet. thank you!
              There should be a little bracket up behind the bumper but in front of the radiator. You slide the rubber casing of the relay over it and that's where they go. It's kinda hard to explain, but I don't have any pics to show you.

Comment

^ would it be obviouse when I take off the bumper? So its behind the actuall bumper support then right?

Comment

Originally posted by reaper317 View Post
                  ^ would it be obviouse when I take off the bumper? So its behind the actuall bumper support then right?
                  If you look up from under the bumper (if you're laying on the ground) you'll see the metal bracket that is bolted to the car that the relays hang on.
                  2007 Audi RS4
                  Past: '05 Audi S4, '88 626 turbo, '93 red PGT, '94 white PGT, '95 Purple PGT, '95 Red PGT, '00 MGT, '07 Mazdaspeed3
                  The mom's car: White on black GTS, 5 speed, tint.

Comment

Working...
                  X