What I did on my holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I did on my holidays

Last week I was on holidays from work and I spent far too much time in the garage on my project 93PGT. Today I returned to work with bloodied hands, a few body scrapes and a big sense of accomplishment.

Here is what was:

and then:

and here is what is now:

I felt like "King of the World" test driving around our townhouse complex waving to my neighbours with a big sh*t-eating grin on my face. I have two small things to fix over the next few days: ABS light has been on since the swap so I'll pull those codes tomorrow and the door ajar light stays on . I love this car. She has every option possible, only 170xxx Kms and sexy rio red paint. I may put on a paint matched Mach 1 lip though still undecided on that.

Had to share,
    -Jens

wow good job, really big kutoes with the tranny swap I am impressed, did anyone help you?
    the car looks great, I love rio red too!!!
    Supercharged 2.0 Ford Probe CarDomain

2k4 Mazda RX-8 GT, 9000rpms anyone?

Comment

very cool! Congrats on a successful swap! Sh*t-eatin' grins are the best kind, btw..
      John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
      '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
      '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
      '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

Originally posted by JKpgt96 View Post
        very cool! Congrats on a successful swap! Sh*t-eatin' grins are the best kind, btw..

Also +1 for a paint matched lip.
        2010 Ford Fusion
        I am a working stiff with no toy car at the moment
        I'm not a probe owner but im still a probe enthusiast

Comment

Awsome work... Looks great.. really does.
          Toodles, Stacey_B --++=1st Gens not slow!=++-- FallGuy
          MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR Stacey_B AOL IM: SCCAStaceyIB - SCCA RS - Solo2 (FSP) "Girls Do It Better" Cal Club www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life. Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT. Hagopian/Bertran
          Sponsors: Porterfield Racing Brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Auto-Meter

Comment

I see you missed under the steering wheel
            haha looks awesome...even more so in person

2.25" stainless exhaust, Headers, CAI, AWR mounts, B&M Short Throw, Jacobs Pro-street, Front/Rear Strut brace, clear corners, Colt 210/210, Interprep valve springs, Aasco flywheel, CM IIR clutch, ZE IM, phenos

Comment

"Haifisken - helping Probes through their sexchanges since 1993"
              1994 Probe 16v
              1995 Probe 24v
              1994 Mustang GT 5.0
              1993 Probe 24v
              1996 Mustang SVT Cobra
              1993 Probe GT
              2003 SVT Cobra Terminator

Comment

Awesome... clean looking Probe and congrats on tackling the MTX swap!
                '93 PGT MTX - DD
                '97 Mustang Cobra : MAC O/R H - MAC Catback - 4.30's - PRO 5.0 Shifter - Eibach Pro-kit - Tokico Blue's - MM C/C Plates - Chrome Cobra R's :

Comment

looks like a very clean car. the pics seem familiar though :s
                  2012 Ford Focus Hatch
                  Eibach Pro-Kit. AEM CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust. Steeda Rear Sway Bar. RS Spoiler. RS Hood. 18" MSW Wheels
                  16.28 @ 86.56

Comment

i remember when i did my tranny swap, i had the same grin! hahah still get it when i drive my car 5spd!

+1 for the lip as well!
                    1994 pgt-grey, slammed, static, boosted and always brokenhttp://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701291478
                    2003 SAAB 9-3 aero - red, slammedl, static, 3piece ADV.1 wheels...the daily

Comment

Nice swap, I'm sure its a great feeling going from auto to a 5spd. The engine looks nice, w/ the additions.
                      1997 Ford Probe GTS
                      2004 Giant TCR C2
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/dna5-9
                      http://customauto.webs.com

Comment

all that work and no headers????!! great job on the swap..looks clean
                        93gt 230k dd.
                        1993 probe gt
                        96 pgt 135k dd
                        http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Haifisken View Post
                          I felt like "King of the World" test driving around our townhouse complex waving to my neighbours with a big sh*t-eating grin on my face.

I did that when I swapped my transmission.
                          Sandon Lettieri
                          1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
                          2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

great job on the swap i bet its like a whole new car now. with the abs light my guess is one of the front sensors got messed up when you pulled the axles it happened when i did my clutch. get an dvom and check the ohms on the plug and if there is no resistance than it is bad.
                            Rio Red 94 PGT mtx
                            Mods - ZE, Probinator chip, Bomz cai, 2.5 Borla catback, 2.5 custom tp, ACT, Fidanza, ss line, ssac headers, poly inserts, Intrax, illuminas, cusco camber plates

Comment

grea job dude, i remember my 1st drive with the 5spd in my 95, definitely a shit eating grin like you said. king of the world was for when i got the atx starter out

my door ajar light is also on, and i started popping my room fuse 2 days ago for no reason. i still need to wire up a clutch switch, its still jumped with a paperclip lol

damn, still gotta put my interior back together. im a bum
                              -Roman
                              93 teal mist PGT.....RIP march 21, 2008
                              95 white PGT....blown up, sold
                              94 325i...boring dd
                              02 R6....toy

Comment

Working...
                              X