Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PICC - 9x the fuel efficiency?

http://www.preignitioncc.com/wjessee/

What do you guys think about that. I think it's too good to be true, but who knows with today's technology. If you want, scroll down to watch the video. It's about 20 minutes long though.

What's your opinions on this? I don't think it's real.

Can you imagine what being able to burn all the gasoline in your engine would mean to fuel savings? Here’s what our scientific testing has shown: In one test at our Research Facility, we got 9X the fuel efficiency from a gas guzzling 318 V-8 Chrysler engine. We ran a 318 V-8 Chrysler engine on a brand new state of the art dynamometer (the same testing equipment that Detroit uses) at 3,000 rpms under a 50% load for an hour. This test condition approximated an 8 cylinder van with a 318 engine, traveling up a 30 degree incline for one hour, at 65 miles per hour. Before the PICC modification, the engine used 18 pounds of fuel. At an average weight of 6.15 pounds per gallon for gasoline, that would equal 2.93 gallons of fuel. Converting that into miles per gallon, it got around 22 mpg.

The researchers then switched the fuel injection process to the PICC Modification and ran the engine under the exact same conditions for another hour. Now, the engine used only 2 pounds of fuel instead of 18 — an increase in efficiency of 9x. In other words, the vehicle traveling at 65 mph up a 30 degree incline for an hour would have obtained almost 200 mpg! When they shut off the engine, the researchers reported that it coasted on the plasma for another two minutes.
    EDIT: Wrong place, can someone move this to the Probe Lounge or w/e it belongs.
    Last edited by gw93pgt; April 17, 2008, 02:26 PM.

I'm calling shenanigans.
    PhotoPOC(tm)
    MM9 MMX FF FF2 FF3 FF4 FF5
    93' PGT not stock
    91' PLX MTX stock

95' Jaguar XJR 155mph La-z-boy recliner

Comment

Shenanigans!!!!
      Jim K.
      :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

on most anything that starts off with "Could you imagine..."

Comment

Thats absolutely not real. If they can get 200mpg in a v8 what would a new I4 get 500mpg?? Thats just a hoax. Although it would be pretty freaking sweet
          1995 Z28 White with some goodies....512 hp to the wheels w/o spray

Murdered out Gutted PGT-ZE and I like it like that(*Gone*)

Proud member of Kontrolled Khaos Car Club

Comment

Shenanigans!
            somebody call the Mythbusters
            '91 Toyota pickup-slower- camo wrapped, black wheels, 31 BFG's, new motor- piston slap. 2rz swap soon
            '96 PROBE SE-slow- exhaust, intake, coil overs, rims
            '86 CR250R-scary fast-exhaust, reeds, filter, jetted

Comment

Screw dat I aint got not cat.
              Black 93 GT CAI, 2.5 Pacesetter Catback exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Short Throw Shifter, SSA Headers, Ractive Front Strut Bar, PRD Rear Strut Bar, Tokico Struts, Eibach Lowering springs, Addco 22mm rear swaybar
              Car

Comment

Hmmmmm...interesting.....
                -P.
                '94 PGT Sold.
                '93 5.0 Ranger XLT

FS: '93-'97 new rear brake kit; 93-95 V6 WP gasket

Comment

Reading the fine print at the bottom

"Side effects of using PICC equipment might include nausea, vomitting, explosions or spontaneous combustion of your engine rendering it as useless as a flaccid banana'

Comment

It's real,they've been workin on that water splitter since the 60's. It's def a smaller system now,though. And the plasma converter/reactor thing is an offshoot of nasa research. They even have a working matter/anti-matter drive,but it melts the nossle after about 3 sec of burn. The latter is just pos charged hydrogen mixed with neg charged hydrogen(anti-matter) in a pre-combustion chamber utilizing a laser to start the reaction. In the PICC,it seems to be ionizing the "cracked" gas molecules before goin into the engine. As an example,lightening is also reffered to as "energized" plasma. The big 3 have been pooring some serious money into the water splitter hydrogen/oxygen setup in current cars. So far,only working prototypes...
                    Last edited by unionrdr; April 19, 2008, 10:20 AM.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Anybody know how much this thing costs? I would be willing to try it out.

With gas prices at $3.50+ solutions like these might be cost effective. What concerns me about any solution like this is, if it truly works and it really is only a swapping of cats, then why aren't the car companies using it? Can you imagine a car company releasing a car that got 100MPG that ran on regular gas, and performed like a regular car? People would be falling over themselves to buy it.

The only thing that concerns me about this setup is that catalytic converters don't reach peak efficiency until after they have gotten hot. This means that you would have to start your car like normal, and it would have to run on a typical air/fuel ratio. Once the catalytic converter reached operating temperature, then the computer would have to shift the air/fuel mix to compensate for the plasmzation of the fuel. A typical, unaltered ECU will not be able to make that adjustment on it's own. A piggyback computer would almost be absolutely necessary on a typical car. Personally, I would be willing to try this thing out, but I am skeptical that the cost will be prohibitive.
                      Last edited by wannaberockstar; April 20, 2008, 06:13 AM.
                      Tim

98 BMW Z3 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by wannaberockstar View Post
                        Anybody know how much this thing costs? I would be willing to try it out.
                        Count me in if I knew the cost
                        89 probe gl, 89 probe lx,
                        http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701275843 she will live again
                        and any other pos my friends own that ends up in my garage some how with a 6 pack of bud

Comment

Try 10 mpg improvement and the absolute most.
                          1990 Probe GT Light Titanium Metallic ( 3" exhaust, KYB GR-2/Eibach Pro-kit, Rebuilt head, MSD Blaster 2, 14 psi) ((T3/T4 .48 and manifold in box, waiting to fab downpipe, I/C and Zombie chip on the way!)

Comment

Working...
                          X