Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pic request: how are your 'own' AFPR kits routed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pic request: how are your 'own' AFPR kits routed?

im not talking about the kits sold by our (recently imcompetant) vendors (that sell them)... im talking about the AFPR kits PT members have fabed up on their own to work with the KL...

mainly how you adapted the AFPR to the fuel rail??? (whether it was with an adapter or something else)

i posted a thread in the performance section kind of pertaining to this topic which you can see here http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701264654

thanks guys...

hopefully this will help not just me but others in the future
    Last edited by driftwood; October 17, 2008, 06:06 AM.
    05 Lotus Elise
    95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

be sure to search first.... you wouldn't want the vendors that help pay for this website to call you an incompetent user.

http://forums.probetalk.com/search.php?searchid=1383010

here's a couple threads with some working pictures.

I didn't exactly fab up my AFPR installation. I just used an MBX adaptor, and ran a line to my mallory afpr, and then the fuel return line hooks up to it. it's not really mounted in any way. maybe i'll take a picture of it tonight.
    1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
    2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
    2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

Originally posted by spada View Post
      be sure to search first.... you wouldn't want the vendors that help pay for this website to call you an incompetent user.

http://forums.probetalk.com/search.php?searchid=1383010

here's a couple threads with some working pictures.

I didn't exactly fab up my AFPR installation. I just used an MBX adaptor, and ran a line to my mallory afpr, and then the fuel return line hooks up to it. it's not really mounted in any way. maybe i'll take a picture of it tonight.
      yeah i searched & checked thsoe out, found things i like but also found alot of red x's

my biggest problem is finding a fuel rail adapter that fits the KL now that MBX isnt in business & no1 else sells it seperatly...

i just wish someone had a part # for it, or knew what could be used as an alternative

i have no clue where to go now for something like that... & cant wait 4 months for PA to send me something (& no other vendor offers a kit)... im mainly just discouraged from what ive read about PA & shipping... thats where my shot was directed...

im pretty close to buying a kit from another car & trying to fab it up to mine...
      Last edited by driftwood; October 17, 2008, 06:57 AM.
      05 Lotus Elise
      95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

check my sorry excuse for sending a link in your private messages.
        In other words, search for SARD fuel adapter on ebay, or just get one of those cheap FPR kits on ebay, they come with a universal adapter that will work, a cheap ass fuel regulator (don't use it), and a good pressure gauge.
        1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
        2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
        2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

I dont have a close up pic and cant find my camera but in this pic- http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...169_6_full.jpg

You can see i just used a few inches of the fuel line and a small clamp. I also used an adapter pc. on the fuel rail i got from a PT member.
          The afpr itself has always worked great and no leaks after i put thread locker on all the parts.
          Its not mounted to anything but since the hose is so short and the fpr is so light it doesnt really matter.
          95 PGT ZE boosted so custom SOLD still dreamnt about
          05 Altima SE-R 6spd
          04 GSXR 600 PIC
          Stealth RT Twin turbo

Comment

As I've posted before, you can run the AFPR hooked in line AFTER the stock FPR as long as you want to have a higher pressure than 38psi (or 43.5 if you don't add constant vacuum to the stock FPR). To have the minimum pressure from the stock FPR, you'll need to T a vac line from somewhere that is always in vacuum. The cabin air controls on the PGT works great for this. Just T the line from the line that runs through the firewall. Hook the AFPR up to the stock FPR vac line.
            '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
            '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
            '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
              As I've posted before, you can run the AFPR hooked in line AFTER the stock FPR as long as you want to have a higher pressure than 38psi (or 43.5 if you don't add constant vacuum to the stock FPR). To have the minimum pressure from the stock FPR, you'll need to T a vac line from somewhere that is always in vacuum. The cabin air controls on the PGT works great for this. Just T the line from the line that runs through the firewall. Hook the AFPR up to the stock FPR vac line.
              well, id rather replace my entire FPR with a quality AFPR... i just picked up an aeromotive kit from another car & also 2 different rail adapters...

hopefully that will do the trick...

otherwise i could route it with the stocker... but id rather not...
              05 Lotus Elise
              95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

I used a mbx adapter, the sard one will work too, and barbed fittings so I can use rubber hoses. Nothing steel braided and flashy to get the attention.
                2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

yeah i ordered an aeromotive kit for a DSM & the SARD adapter earlier today after Spadas FailPM (j/k dude i laughed)

it looks like i will thread mine right into the adapter... which is the way i wanted

ill contribute to this thread once i get mine setup & post a pic
                  05 Lotus Elise
                  95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

Originally posted by c-man View Post
                    I used a mbx adapter, the sard one will work too, and barbed fittings so I can use rubber hoses. Nothing steel braided and flashy to get the attention.
                    That can be addressed
                    Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                    PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                    1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                    1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Originally posted by driftwood View Post
                      yeah i ordered an aeromotive kit for a DSM & the SARD adapter earlier today after Spadas FailPM (j/k dude i laughed)

it looks like i will thread mine right into the adapter... which is the way i wanted

ill contribute to this thread once i get mine setup & post a pic
                      I just ordered one as well (not aeromotive). maybe we can install these together.
                      Last edited by 1993fpgtatx; October 17, 2008, 12:41 PM.
                      93GT. Black/Slammed.
                      All Motor Straight Neck ZE Swap.
                      MAF Swap.
                      All Bolt On's.

Comment

Was:

Now:

Moroso fpr ftl
                        ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                        ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                        ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport View Post
                          That can be addressed
                          My mbx adapter is a similar black. And my aem fpr is not in the engine bay, per say.

2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                          2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

My Dual Feed FPR Install:

1993 Ford Probe GT
                            1997 Ford Probe GT [SOLD]
                            Black PGT '93 MTX: [Hotshot CAI][CenterForce DF][Mx-3 Flyweel][MBX Dual Feed FPR][Red PRD Wires][P&P IM][F & R Polish Valve Cover][67mm TB][Insert Mounts RR-Racing][FD Strut Bar][Custom B-Pillar Bar][Custom Tranny Saver Red Powdercoated][Tokico HP Struts][DZ Springs][Chrome Wheels][Gauges AutoMeter C2 & Cobalt][Clear Corner][PRD Fan Shroud][Kenwood eXcelon & Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/ Kicker Components]

Comment

looking great guys...
                              05 Lotus Elise
                              95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X