Special thanks to NiN^_^NiN and ausloki... aus spec tails inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special thanks to NiN^_^NiN and ausloki... aus spec tails inside

Thanks to the assistance from our PT friends from down under I was able to add a complete three piece set of Australian spec 95-97 tail lights with harnesses to my collection. I am really excited and I hope they make it here safe. Apparently the car was scrapped in complete running order which is really sad. Here are the pictures I have from the wrecking yard:

Last edited by pw_cc_runner; November 14, 2008, 10:23 PM.
    "Street Rod" 1993 Ford Probe MTX
    "Grape Crush" 1995 Ford Probe GT MTX

not a huge fan of the euros myself, but, definitely nice find!!!
    -Randall-
    Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps
    vehicleless

Comment

that looks like the set off ebay that were up for $450AU, how much did you pay for them? aus spec tails FTW!
      Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
      Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
      Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Originally posted by stoker100 View Post
        that looks like the set off ebay that were up for $450AU, how much did you pay for them? aus spec tails FTW!
        I found their listing for parting out the car and asked about the lenses. I've been haggling with the guy for over a week now and I got them shipped to my door insured for the $500 aud aka $326 usd. Considering they are limited to around 2000 production I think that's not bad at all. I've been punching in Ford Probe on ebay.com/au for close to two years waiting for these to come around and they finally did.

Comment

congrats Josh, I knew you would.
          1994 Probe 16v
          1995 Probe 24v
          1994 Mustang GT 5.0
          1993 Probe 24v
          1996 Mustang SVT Cobra
          1993 Probe GT
          2003 SVT Cobra Terminator

Comment

Congrats man glad u like em shame about the high price altho u got them pretty cheap
            The "PIMP MY PROBE" Project
            The First Electric Supercharged Probe
            Project and car is sadly dead

Comment

wow, im sorry but paying that much for tails that look worse than the ones you have... to each their own. at least you got the blank refelctor out of it!
              Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
              Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
              Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
              The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Originally posted by pw_cc_runner View Post
                I found their listing for parting out the car and asked about the lenses. I've been haggling with the guy for over a week now and I got them shipped to my door insured for the $500 aud aka $326 usd. Considering they are limited to around 2000 production I think that's not bad at all. I've been punching in Ford Probe on ebay.com/au for close to two years waiting for these to come around and they finally did.
                should have tried ebay.uk

they sell complete running probes for $500 usd
                93 pgt= yard ornament

proud owner since 1999

Comment

I already have two blank center reflectors (black outline and euro). I've wanted these since day one... It only cost me $77 to my door for the first set of euros so those were dirt cheap. When it comes to parts on my car they gotta be right, the faux Aussies were close but no cigar.
                  Last edited by pw_cc_runner; November 15, 2008, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I prefer Aussies over Euros for sure as well.

Horay for teh weak american Dollar!
                    ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                    ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                    ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisWilliams_GT View Post
                      I prefer Aussies over Euros for sure as well.

Horay for teh weak american Dollar!
                      whats the difference? does the british on only have one reverse light or something, I cant remember
                      93 pgt= yard ornament

proud owner since 1999

Comment

yep....because of fog or something
                        ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                        ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                        ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Aussie tails are unique and with only 2010 aussie spec probes ever made its a unique apperance to a us probe plus they arent that much more than most tails for sale in great condition
                          The "PIMP MY PROBE" Project
                          The First Electric Supercharged Probe
                          Project and car is sadly dead

Comment

I kept thinking you guys were sayin 2010, like as in the year? I need to lay off the....
                            93 pgt= yard ornament

proud owner since 1999

Comment

The exact details of the Aus-Specs are black outline, amber turn signals, two reverse lenses, clear reverse lenses, and blank center reflector.

UK-Spec or Euro-Spec have a maroon/dark red outline, amber turn signals, one reverse lens, one bright red fog light, vertical red lines in the reverse lenses, and blank center reflector.

Comment

Working...
                              X