Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you selling the RHD 323?
    93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
    Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
    1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

• I have to, there is no other fundraising option.

Wait, are you implying I get a job?

Edit - wait, I *could* trade the 323 for an rx8 or 350Z....hmmm....decisions, decisions....
      Last edited by Dan [Sac]; October 2, 2010, 04:23 PM.
      90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
      93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
      97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
      90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

• u didnt even get to put the supercharger on it. at least do once to see how it does under boost
        Jacob--"Pain must exist in order for healing to survive.
        Neither one will ever serve their purpose alone"
        ..Black sheep, August Burns Red.
        94' Pgt- kitted and lowered. ebiach coilovers, CIA, headers, Hi-flo cat, ACT stage 2 6 puck sprung clutch....much more and who knows whats next

Comment

• Originally posted by lakedude90 View Post
          u didnt even get to put the supercharger on it. at least do once to see how it does under boost
          I can do that. Will you send me the MS3 + coil packs + dyno time, or should I forward you my paypal address?
          90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
          93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
          97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE

Comment

• why MS3 for coil packs? even MS1 can reliably support coil packs.
            95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
            Built, Not Bought.
            No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

• If you are selling it, don't boost it, it might lose its value or remain the same as NA.
              93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
              Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
              1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

• Dan you ever considered smogging in a different state? Selling it with an out of state title or simply driving it like that? They could give a rats ass what you got under the hood over here. Get yourself a AZ Id and claim your a student. If I had $10k to spend it would be in your paypal allready, then all I would need is a blower. I've gone as far as driving in So.Cal with temporary AZ plates, and even gone as far as writing them down on a peice of paper cause the printer didn't work, not once did a CHP give a rats ass.
                Last edited by mac1; October 3, 2010, 11:49 AM.
                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                  I've gone as far as driving in So.Cal with temporary AZ plates, and even gone as far as writing them down on a peice of paper cause the printer didn't work, not once did a CHP give a rats ass.
                  Lucky you? To jank around with fake plates doesnt sound like the approach he has taken to the car so far You may get lucky, and maybe I speak for my self But I know I would never get away with that for more than a month
                  96 PGT & 97 Prizobe put down in their prime, 96 PGT with minor bolt-ons :SOLD & MISSED:
                  95 PGT-ZE with more bolt-ons :SOLD for rwd fun:
                  71 Mach1 Mustang w/a 400 its Aliiiiiiiive!
                  02 allroad 2.7TT w/ 60k #because bags, Porsche brakes, Stg I Tune & Exhaust...just getting started

Comment

• No need to be shady. Once the car is up to par it will pass smog without an issue. That was the intention from the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                      Well, not counting the hours put into it, there are about $12,500 of receipts in the car's folder....which may seem like a lot, but virtually every piece of the car is brand new, so it does add up. So asking price is somewhere between 12k and infinity. Also, Chuck (c-man) really has first 'dibs'

Not seriously entertaining the idea of a sale, but you never know how things change. My mechanical engineering senior project is starting up soon, and my savings aren't all that strong at the moment - if i end up doing a ton of CNC work the fundage will run out eventually.

But for now, I am seriously enjoying the car. It's been a revelation of large magnitude how this thing has evolved from a vision in my head, to plans on paper, to sweat and labor, and finally to fruition. I wasn't born with any of these skills, and the fact that I was able to achieve all this is good news for anyone looking to do the same. You just need some dedication, patience, organization, persistence, and just a wee bit of mental instability to pull it off.
                      i seriously hope that things change again. it is not fair to sell it after sooo much work has been done

Comment

• There is always the need to be shady when dealing with Cali, you are a student afterall so if the question comes up.............. meh. It's cheaper to smog,register,insure anything out here. Cant wait to make my beast a full on AZ car so that when I make trips to Cali I dont have to worry about rolling smog dyno check points, I think ahead. But if you can make yours pass the sniffer anyday of the week and be fast at the same time then.........

Comment

• Just a little explanation to my way of thinking:

Sbpgt and I were attending the last TOR couple months back and I had to run an errand, we drove his car the whole trip cause mine was dead at home. During our errand run we got caught in an apperant rolling dyno checkpoint and after the cop saw Steves AZ id he knew why we had no front plate and just let us pass. I myself would have lost my car that night or something of that nature.

Comment

• Well that makes more sense. The rolling dyno must be a SoCal thing, I haven't seen them up here yet.

You can always do things to protect yourself - run a pipe through the cat housing, run your pipes more discretely/OEM looking, etc. The second part of that (OEM appearance) was a big thing for me in the 323. I wanted to make it look factory so I'd have to answer fewer questions down the road along with having the certification.

I even had the thought of leaving the OEM airbox in there and running the supercharger pipe in from the bottom, ninja style. The M62 looks like an A/C compressor if it's turned off.

Comment

• Move to Michigan, less worries
                              Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                              PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                              1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                              1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                                Just a little explanation to my way of thinking:

During our errand run we got caught in an apperant rolling dyno checkpoint and after the cop saw Steves AZ id he knew why we had no front plate and just let us pass. I myself would have lost my car that night or something of that nature.
                                Yeah, that cop had a big grin and was just about drooling to take my car. He saw the aftermarket tach and and said, "Is this a race car?" He was all smug until he saw the AZ DL and then let us go.
                                Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
                                STEVE B
                                1993 Probe GT
                                2016 Mustang

Comment

Working...
                                X