X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Probesport View Post
    Move to Michigan, less worries

Attached Files
    90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
    93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
    97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
    90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

• Really looking forward to seeing that thing in action when you complete it. I was told there is a older guy up around york somewhere with a supposed 5.0 swap completed in his 2nd gen probie. Not confirmed yet, this is coming from a few other peoples mouths. But im sure ill track it down if this is myth or fact and if it is true ill be sure to get pictures for the forum . Only V8 swap I see was the small can v8 that was so cleverly installed

Comment

• Mobile smogs are currently popping up in Livermore, Walnut Creek, Folsom, as well as Sacramento. I myself have been keeping a steady eye out for construction signs to avoid these d'bags from putting my car on the rollers. I pass through Folsom on the way to my tuner up in Cameron Park so definitely getting scary what these assholes are doing these days.
        2000 Mustang GT
        Built, Cammed, Blown 284

Comment

• Originally posted by StreetIllusion View Post
          Really looking forward to seeing that thing in action when you complete it. I was told there is a older guy up around york somewhere with a supposed 5.0 swap completed in his 2nd gen probie. Not confirmed yet, this is coming from a few other peoples mouths. But im sure ill track it down if this is myth or fact and if it is true ill be sure to get pictures for the forum . Only V8 swap I see was the small can v8 that was so cleverly installed
          Well in two more posts those pictures are expected in the pic forum.
          93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
          Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
          1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

• While the expensive things are on hold, some things are still getting done.

I haven't diagnosed the leak in the clutch hydraulic system (it's a big'un!), but I did media-blast the downpipe, wastegate dump pipe and the shorty cold pipe.

Next step is to leak-test the collector pipes, and this one's got me sweatin'

I'll be making some end plates for the pipes and start by water testing. If it passes that, then drying them up and doing a bit of air pressure testing, then media-blasting and coating.
            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
            90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

• Stuff looks great. It have been awhile since I have looked at the progress of this build. Impressive for sure!
              2006 Evolution IX - Best ET: 8.92 // Best MPH: 166.85

Comment

• I've been showing your Probe threads to my two good friends with their modded probes and MX-6s, this thing is absolutely sick and I look forward to seeing this (hopefully) breaking single digits!
                1993 Mazda Familia GT-R

Comment

• This is the exact reason why I sold my probe. I had the nitrous equipment, afpr, and everything else tucked away and I still got nailed for "looking" modified. Get it certified if you're having it here, it's the easist way in the long run. I got stuck in a rolling dyno. I was in a rental car though. If it had been the probe, buh bye.

Also is the reason I don't recommended catless set-ups, even with hollowed out oem cats.
                  2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                  2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

• stupid CA....thats why i never moved my probe out there while i lived there.

move to FL...no smog and no retarded winters like MI
                    NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

• Not trying to hijack or anything here, but since the topic has been mentioned, I have a relevant question.

I plan on moving to sacramento for a year while I attend wyotech. I don't plan on having the car registered there, though. If I have washington plates and registration, as well as proper passing emissions paperwork for washington, but I'm living in cali, will I be legit?
                      Currently: 1994 MX6 RS - KLZE. Too many mods.

1989 PGT - BLACK - Near perfect paint, body completely straight. 155,967 mi. Sitting in a garage since 2000. Bought for $600. Engine rebuild in progress. Coming soon to a kill story thread near you!!!

Comment

• I <3 AZ, no emissions laws whatsoever

Comment

• You have 10 days to inform DMV you moved here. The vehicle must pass a California smog test. Your VIN will id your car as out-of-state and you may have slightly different maximum measures allowed when they test it. But, the ZE will not pass, nor the intake and headers. Since those violate federal laws regarding smog devices, it does not matter whether or not you got by in Washington if the state didn't check that, it still is illegal in all states being a Federal regulation. Find another school. lol.

Same for AZ. The federal laws are already there if the state ever decides to increase how strict they test for them.
                          Last edited by c-man; October 17, 2010, 12:50 PM.
                          2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                          2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

• If you park the car on the same public road everyday it will become obvious. Otherwise you just take a chance. I would just say i'm a traveling mechanic since I always have tools with me but i've never been pulled over with AZ plates.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Originally posted by SuiSid3l View Post
                            I <3 AZ, no emissions laws whatsoever
                            And who is U? Introduce yourself.
                            1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                            1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                            2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                            2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                            1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• Originally posted by Rayman View Post
                              stupid CA....thats why i never moved my probe out there while i lived there.

move to FL...no smog and no retarded winters like MI
                              Well thats why you park your probe in the winter and bust out the 4X4
                              REDL|NE SOC|ETY

Comment

• Originally posted by c-man View Post
                                Same for AZ. The federal laws are already there if the state ever decides to increase how strict they test for them.
                                I think what he meant is that if you live in the boonies, you dont need emissions testing. I know a guy who has a P.O. box in the boonies but lives in the city, and guess what he uses that as his registered address
                                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Working...
                                X