No announcement yet.

FrankenProbe work log, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks sick dan. can i suggest a velocity stack in the front bumper ? also what dimensions are your slicks

Comment

Originally posted by lthomas2g View Post
      good to know my turbo kit i built back in the day would be up to par with what your building now

Just curious if your going to run it with just the solid mounts all around, or are you jumping on the mx3 mount bandwagon?
      Turbo'd 94 Mx6 12.87 @ 115 on 5 psi.
      Built by Me, eBay and zip ties.
      96 White M-Edition mx6 Being built with above's parts, just less tip ties and sketchyness.

Comment

Now that I think aboot it a bit more, I think I will make an engine plate for the darn thing. And then on top of that support the gearbox across the diff. case with an MX-3 like mount. That, with the solid side mounts should take care of case flex (as long as the engine plate does its job).

If I get really ambitious, I'll do a front and mid-plate to get rid of the side mounts altogether and take stress off the top of the gearbox.
        Last edited by Dan [Sac]; August 1, 2010, 11:40 PM.
        90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
        93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
        97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
        90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

This might be a silly question, but are you using normal ebay/ssac headers on this car? why not something bigger? or custom?
          Timberline grey 96 pgt 5sp. Lowered on 18's w/ a custom sts stolen and M.I.A.
          Noble Green KLZE'd MX-6 LS 5sp, STS, HID's and Yellow Fogs, SSAC'd,2.25 catback, KN'd, lip'd, CF hood, sittin low on H&R coilovers,Strut bars and 626 sway bar, FD's and bumpin'
          http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...hroughhood.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by norweja96 View Post
            This might be a silly question, but are you using normal ebay/ssac headers on this car? why not something bigger? or custom?

The SSAC primaries are plenty big for forced induction (as primaries). The fact that they're already welded up and have an adequate collector is helping with the expenses. If they should prove to be less than ideal, they will be replaced.
            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE

Comment

Originally posted by cf_z View Post

Just curious if your going to run it with just the solid mounts all around, or are you jumping on the mx3 mount bandwagon?
              Hes doing what Andy did and did for me which was make your own solid mounts and also the mx3 mount. Thats 5 mounts to keep things tight. We even fill the mx3 mount.

Nice work dan, cant wait to see your 1st 9sec pass!
              The come back kid
              96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
              97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
              88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
              93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

Today I put in the CM twin disc clutch. It's a bit lighter than stock.

Old clutch + flywheel = 28.3 lb
                New clutch + flywheel = 17.8 lb

Old flywheel = 15.5 lb
                New flywheel = 7.8 lb

With the reduced MOI of this new guy (available from RR-Racing), I can't wait to see how it revs

Pics when photobucket works again.

Comment

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...e/cf098ef9.jpg
                  Last edited by Dan [Sac]; August 14, 2010, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                    Today I put in the CM twin disc clutch. It's a bit lighter than stock.

Old clutch + flywheel = 28.3 lb
                    New clutch + flywheel = 17.8 lb

Old flywheel = 15.5 lb
                    New flywheel = 7.8 lb

With the reduced MOI of this new guy (available from RR-Racing), I can't wait to see how it revs

Pics when photobucket works again.
                    I would imagine it will be unreal.
                    2010 Ford Fusion
                    I am a working stiff with no toy car at the moment
                    I'm not a probe owner but im still a probe enthusiast

Comment

Alright, the turbine inlet flange is done. I had to get two 2" round tubes turned into squares and welded seamlessly into the flange....so I passed on doing this myself, because I don't have a TIG and at $50 it was a fair price to have a shop (SPD) do it. The final product is Franken-worthy!

The pipes are splayed so I can weld in my secondaries (one from each bank).

I also got the v-band assemblies. The v-band flanges will replace the header 3-bolt flanges that I find to be pretty crappy at preventing exhaust leaks.

So it will be SSAC primaries, then the v-band flanges, then to my 2" secondaries, and each secondary will weld up to the splayed stubs going into the turbine inlet.

I also decided to stop welding until the solid motor mounts are finished, so I don't have to backtrack and redo anything if alignment differs once the solid mounts are in place. So solid mounts first, then the rest of the hot pipes, then cold pipes, then wastegate, downpipe, ice box, the Bosch water pump for the IC cooling, and BOV. Fun times!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...e/f8440afc.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...e/805ef9b0.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...e/d3f6e20f.jpg
                      Last edited by Dan [Sac]; August 26, 2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Beautious.
                        95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                        93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                        89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                        04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                        Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Well I know I will never complain again about lining up an input shaft through a single clutch disc again....after having to do it through 2. Ended up pulling the engine out (it takes about half an hour to pull the engine out of this car anyway) since I didn't want to jack up the expensive clutch or the expensive(r) PAR input shaft. She's mated up now (the RWD transmission jack is freaking awesome), next up is an oil pan swap since the return will be in a different spot now.

Comment

dude that thing should rev alot quicker with ten pounds of extra weight removed form it looks good keep up the good work

Comment

that clutch is sick. keep up the great work Dan. Can't wait to see it hit 9s
                              95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                              Built, Not Bought.
                              No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Definately putting in the wrench time, cant wait to see the outcome. Great work so far, Good Luck hitting 9s
                                1993 PGT Why? Why the hell not?

Comment

Working...
                                X