Bonneville Dreamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpavel View Post
    I will have to make a thread with a few pics... The car actually has some parts from FrankenProbe when it was parted out, so it is very much related to this community.
    That would be very cool! I will be watching for it.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

Wow... thats all I can say..

Really flabbergasted by your work, research and dedication.
      Mazda Mx3- Panther black, Kosei 18", custom hood, cleaned, new pakfeifer front, customized pakfeifer rear

KLZE highcompression, Pippercros Viper intake, kl31cams, MS1 v3, Aasco fly, CM st3 clutch, cai, ss headers, ground wirekit, srd bushings, msd window switches, nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by Whitefinish View Post
        Wow... thats all I can say..

Really flabbergasted by your work, research and dedication.
        There is more to come!

For those that may not read first pages -I have relocated all the newest updates to the first page. I will continue to update the first page as I add more info and until it hits the limit. Thiis way you do not have to read the entire thread to get the latest info.
        Last edited by KLZE Porsche; October 10, 2011, 06:20 PM.
        Restoration of a legend

Comment

KLZE Porsche "I will be trying out this combination on a normally aspirated test hog engine. The only way to find my limits is to exceed them and so I plan to tell the dyno operator to hit 10k for the first few runs to get a few good numbers -and then I want to push it until it explodes. The only fairly expensive item that I could stand to loose would be the dry sump pump. I am debating -not putting new gears into it until after the test run. The gears I have in it may be good enough to withstand the trial. "

Well if you got your tune right and have your set up right(Cooling, oiling and balance) which I think you would, It would be hard to blow that engine. Unless you try to over-rev it to point where it shakes apart and oil starves, which would be way past you peak power. You dont need to destroy things to find out their limit or area that needs improvement. I would just dyno tune it, get as much hp out of it as I can, and see where the engine is maxing out in terms of power band, and see if there is anything that can be done at reasonable cost to improve it.
          93 PGT Kitted and all -sold,
          Current 93 PGT-ZE-T So far: 12" brakes, ZE, T3/T4 turbo, 2.5" exhaust , ACT 6-puck, MSD6AL+2step, Coilovers, 245/45/17x9 cobra r, 67mm TB, MS II, traction bars, meth inj. and more.
          1980 Corvette Vortec 350 and side pipes

OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING

Comment

Originally posted by artsvetkov View Post
            Well if you got your tune right and have your set up right(Cooling, oiling and balance) which I think you would, It would be hard to blow that engine. Unless you try to over-rev it to point where it shakes apart and oil starves, which would be way past you peak power. You don't need to destroy things to find out their limit or area that needs improvement. I would just dyno tune it, get as much hp out of it as I can, and see where the engine is maxing out in terms of power band, and see if there is anything that can be done at reasonable cost to improve it.
            Art,

I really do want it to literally come apart so that I can see what comes apart first. Everything in the test hog will be used parts and pieces. I am using used pistons, rings bearings and most of the gaskets. I think the only gaskets I will replace will be the head gaskets. The reason -that I want to blow it up is because nobody has ever been that high sustained. I need to see what breaks and why.

It isn't a big deal for me because I have collected more than 10 engines that are sitting in my shop for the testing. I think I will be lucky to have one left by the time I have tested all of the crazy stuff and get close to my target HP.
            Restoration of a legend

Comment

^^^^ now i'm confused. Stock KL's and Your Power goals of 800hp?
              1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
              1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
              2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
              2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
              1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                ^^^^ now i'm confused. Stock KL's and Your Power goals of 800hp?
                No no no -I didn't mean that. The N/A test hogs will be purely to test things I am designing and fabricating. There will be some forced induction test hogs later on but I need to test the basics first before graduating to that level.

I don't think I can get away with cheap boosted test hogs and so I am holding off on that testing until last.

Things I intend to test before the first boosted testing comes are:

1) Hayabua hybrids
                2) Various piston treatments
                3) Oiling system
                4) Cooling system
                5) 12k ignition system
                6) 6-speed functionality
                7) motor/trans mount integrity

After this ^ I will get to do some fun playing.
                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; October 10, 2011, 09:15 PM.
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

send me a couple engine and some parts you want to test
                  1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                  1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                  2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                  2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                  1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                    send me a couple engine and some parts you want to test
                    Sending them to you would cost me more in freight than I would have into the complete engine.
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

I always thought a land speed probe would be a cool idea. Keep going!! I'd like to see a pic of it at the top of the forum page with the epitaph "home of the fastest probe on Earth!". If/when successful,you'd be the only one that could have GRX on the front cam cover...But I'll be danged if I'm gunna tip turn that thing at 400 KPH!
                      Subscribed,I'v got to see how this finally turns out after reading about it before...!
                      Last edited by unionrdr; October 12, 2011, 10:43 AM.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

EXCELLENT...
                        http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iHFPBkqHab...t-mr-burns.gif
                        DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                        94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Little bit of update

I have posted a little bit of update on the first page. I am posting new entries to keep slots available in the first couple of pages for the updates so that anyone who wants to read for the most important info will only have to read the first two pages. Later -I will go back to see if I can shorten entries so that it is simpler to read. I realize that I get long-winded too often.
                          Last edited by KLZE Porsche; October 15, 2011, 07:46 AM.
                          Restoration of a legend

Comment

What is in the center of the LCA bushing? is it a bearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jason View Post
                              What is in the center of the LCA bushing? is it a bearing?
                              Yes. The cartridge is designed to press into a LCA. The bore in the cartridge is a press-fit for the spherical load bearing that is pressed into it. The bolts are stainless 304 as well as the Nyloc nuts and washers. Everything is stainless so that it will not rust or corrode. The groove on the cartridge is for a stainless snap ring.

But this way of doing it is extremely expensive. I have over $400 into two of them. I may have found a cheaper way of doing it and will post instructions and part numbers after I have given it a try.
                              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; October 15, 2011, 05:55 PM.
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

How are you sealing the bearing, or is it a sealed bearing

surely the fit of the bearing on the bolt is a tad loose as it is not a precision shoulder bolt, Over time the bolt will wear and there will be minute movement even new (from how i am picturing the design)

Shouldn't you have a bearing or two which press in the cartridge and have a sleeve tube press through the bearing ID so the inner race is locked tight on something. Once installed in the car the sleeve tube is locked in place by being pinched in between the frame slot.

Comment

Working...
                                X