No announcement yet.

Bonneville Dreamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks great Mike! Glad to see you are still working on this! It is amazing the wiring we were able to strip from the harness we put in my 95, lol. I don't think I have a picture of it though. Basically everything except the coil wiring, temp sensor, reverse lights, injectors, IAT, fans, headlights is gone.
    John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
    '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
    '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
    '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

• I have decided to let the RR Probe go back to where it came from. The owner lied about the mileage -telling me that it had only 5k miles on it -when in reality (after a Carfax revelation) -I discovered that it started life as a lease or rental and had actually over 30k. It also had a mileage roll back -of which would end up showing as "Unknown mileage" when titling it in Alabama -because they don't let that kind of shit slide here.

So between not getting enough money reimbursement for money that was going out of my pocket for shipping items, trips to the JY to find hard-to-find items for the DSM, constant pillaging of parts off the car when short on cash, changing directions from original build intent constantly, taking months to send needed parts to replace pillaged parts, no payment for my climate controlled storage, and on and on -I decided to call the deal off.

When the deal was struck 4 years ago it was supposed to be only a 2 week complete rewiring job in exchange for the Blue Probe shell and $1200 cash for supplies. Both cars were supposed to show up on a truck along with a $1200 check for the supplies. It was supposed to be a very high end wiring job and many have probably seen photos of what had been being done:
      http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306272

Well -the talon showed up but not the blue car. The check also didn't make it. So from the get go -this whole deal was botched. I had to stay on him for money for supplies and to send parts to replace parts that he kept selling when he needed a little pocket cash. I finally started prodding him to send the blue probe or I would not continue and after a lot of hassling -he finally sent it (almost a year later). So I parked and covered it properly to wait until I got the Talon done before I could begin on it.

But the garbage still happened continuously and so I finally began requesting him to send the title -because by this point -I was beginning to wonder if he even had possession of the title. So I ran the title check and found the bad news. I called him out on the B.S. and told him not to tell me that there was no way that he didn't look at the title to see if it was 5k miles when he bought the car. Because even a half-wit would look at the title of a sharp looking car -if you were paying 20k for it and were told that it had 5k -just to see that it does say that. However -his response was "I was 19 and it didn't cross my mind". I told him that there was absolutely no way I would believe that for even 1 second. And after he said that -my reply was "Come and pick up your cars".

I am keeping a good deal of parts from the former RR Probe as payment for much work that has already been done and for storage -and wasting 4 years of my life.

For anyone else interested in making any kind of deal on the Blue Probe -be sure you know all of the facts first and be sure to get everything sealed in writing. Don't take any chances. And for any who may be interested -do not let anyone tell you that the car has only 5k miles because it is over 30k and has a spotty history (to include mileage roll back). In my books -that devalues the car tremendously.

If I end up doing Bonneville -it will now be in the Purple Pimp Mobile. I am in the process of evaluating the 6-speed install.
      Last edited by KLZE Porsche; June 14, 2013, 10:04 PM.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Can you post some pics of the current state of the RR Probe, what the asking price is, and what parts it comes/doesn't come with?

Shady deals are shitty. Sucks that you ran into one - I used to be the nice guy, giving people multiple chances....got burned too many times. Hopefully things will settle in for you. Also good on you for cutting the cord on that project - this will free up time, space and other resources for things to get done.
        90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
        93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
        97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
        90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

• %$%&^$^%$%^ screw that, after all the hard work and plans I'd be charging for storage for both vehicles before he collects. i'm pretty sure you could apply for a mechanics lien as well for everything outstanding before he collects anything...

Oh and dibs on the rims and six speed transmission.......
          will talk to you in morning at respectable hour, or if u message me earlier

Comment

• this sucks man, I would have never started working when he didnt show up with his end of the deal to start with. I've learned the hard way as well and been burned out of 1000's of dollars.. It pays to be a d*ck, when dealing with that stuff... Luckily for me I've never bought a car that I was worried if it had 100 or 200k though.
            89 GT, 95 GT 2.0, 96 GT, 90 CRX SI[parted out], 2001 Civic LX

Comment

• So are you saying the Bonneville Dreamer is just a dream now, or are you just ditching the RR chassis, and will continue on with another one?
              94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

• Originally posted by short4stuff View Post
                So are you saying the Bonneville Dreamer is just a dream now, or are you just ditching the RR chassis, and will continue on with another one?
                No -it just means that I will no longer dream in blue -but rather -in purple! But now the dream can move forward rather than stagnating. And that is a big from my view. It may be a loss financially -but it is a huge gain never having to deal with this person again.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                Can you post some pics of the current state of the RR Probe, what the asking price is, and what parts it comes/doesn't come with?
                I will post up some pics -but it will basically be a shell with a very nice paint job and nothing more. The shell is extremely rust free and the paint is immaculate. But don't forget to check the car fax before you make an offer. I can e-mail you a copy of the carfax if you would like. Or if it isn't against the rules -I can post it up with a link. I don't think there are any names mentioned on it so it shouldn't be too incriminating to the owner. PM me if you would like a copy of the carfax.
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                  Also good on you for cutting the cord on that project - this will free up time, space and other resources for things to get done.
                  YES! I should have cut the cord long ago when the BS first started -and then perhaps I would have already run Bonneville once or twice by now.

But as I have said -now I won't have anything holding me back and I can go full forward on the "Dreamer" (even if it isn't blue).
                  Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Just a little progress!!

I am finally making some headway on the BD machine (AKA PPM).

I have gotten more done than I have time to take photos of. But here are a few.

I decided to hack at some manual seat rails until I got what I want for mounting the seats to:

A little more engine Bay Work:

power steering cooler:

I like horns. They give me a way to express my thoughts about arsehole drivers -without me having to shoot them!

I will get some photos of the PS reservoir relocation sometime today. Slowly -but surely!
                    Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 14, 2013, 08:40 AM.
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

• DIY coilover strut wiper seals

This is for those that DIY with Dropzone coilovers or similar. I was looking for a wiper seal to help save strut life with the strut shaft being exposed. Pics are self explanatory other than applying some silicone to the threads and pushing the DIY seal down onto them. Woooo hoooo!

Restoration of a legend

Comment

• Where did you get that awesome Power brake reservoir cap?

Comment

• Very interesting comparisons, looks like you've done a lot of research

Comment

• Front suspension work:

Engine bay harness:

And now it is bed time!
                            Restoration of a legend

Comment

• What kind of of suspension are you running? Clean work as always, I like how meticulous you are with your work

Comment

• Originally posted by n8r View Post
                                What kind of of suspension are you running? Clean work as always, I like how meticulous you are with your work
                                For right now it is just brand new stock struts with perches cut and coilovers installed. Accordian boots on the rear struts (steering rack boots work very nicely), strut wiper seals up front (made from modified OEM bellows) ADR rear sway bar. New non-rubber socket (ball joint type) sway bar end-links. New Moog lower control arms and ball joints.

New stock calipers all the way around and ceramic pads, new zinc coated discs all the way around (cross drilled up front) cross drilled and slotted rear.
                                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; September 10, 2013, 04:50 PM.
                                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                                X