Ford Probe GT 2.5L KLDE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine bay starting to come together:

Every single bolt that came out of this car originally was red and that wasn't going to cut it. So I have labeled every single bolt that came out and put them all in baggies. Then I proceeded to go through each individual baggy and sand blast the red off of every bolt

After they got sand blasted they got mounted in my awesome wood board to get painted. My dad kept asking me what the heck I was doing drilling a ton of holes in the board until he saw my mound of sandblasted bolts.

I also worked on my rails getting them tapped for my 1/4NPT to -6an fittings.

This shelf is dwindling down some, it was 5 full shelves of stuff to go into this car, this is a moderate portion of what I have left. The big box is MS and the one next to it is my wastegate. I'll be posting more pictures of these as I work on it.

These are the rims that I will be putting on the car: (Simply just some Evo8 rims - Enkei 17" rims)Don't worry, I'll change the center caps =P
    Last edited by Onyxhammer; January 9, 2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Got the dash back in (90% of it anyways) still have to modify the glovebox for the fusebox, and install the MS so I can't mount everything 100% yet. Also got the doors back on so all I have left for the outside is put on fenders/front bumper.

One quick question: Will 235/45/17 fit with zero clearance/rubbing issues? I have a set of brand new ones here at the shop but wasn't positive if they'd clear or if I'd have to buy some 225/45/17. I know they clear on the back since that's whats on these rims but I can't use the tires since 2 of them are shot. Thanks!

Comment

Awesome progress man! keep the pics coming!
        1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
        1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
        2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
        2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
        2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

Got a few new pictures to update what I got done today. Taking a break so it's still a little messy but won't be shortly.

Dash back in with glove box closed (I'm going to shorten up the wires to hide them better)

Glove box open with fusebox mounted inside, probably the easiest part of the entire relocation. The bolt tabs for the fuse box work perfectly for screwing it down.

Probably sometime this week I'm going to work on routing my main power wires and get the battery located and secured in the trunk.
          Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 27, 2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

New rims:

Quick question: Will 235/45/17 clear on the front with zero issues with rubbing/turning/etc? I've got a brand new set in my shop and wasn't sure if they'd work or if I'd have to go get some 225/40/17 or something.

I'd check myself but I don't have my spindles/etc mounted back in the car yet.
            Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 27, 2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

I have 235 45 17 tires on the front of my first gen so I would think it should work on a second gen.
              nice progress by the way.
              Last edited by 1989probe; June 25, 2012, 06:13 PM.
              1989 pgt: 13.6@111mph slow car
              1990 pgt: fast car

Comment

Impressive work
                Adam Kirkpatrick
                1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
                2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
                1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

Thanks! You'll see this car in Hanover dont worry, I am there all the time. I love cruising the golden mile. My uncle has a lime green volkswagen trike and a lime green volkswagen Thing. Possibly you've seen it. He lives on Abottstown Pike just past the golf course

Comment

Well after 4 A/C compressor changes and 1 water pump today I finally got on my Probe tonight. Didn't get much done other than some interior/dash work then got my flywheel and pressure plate mounted up.

Act 6 puck unsprung

Act pressure plate

Fidanza mounted with pilot bearing installed using OEM flywheel to crank bolts

Clutch, flywheel, pressure plate assembled

Tomorrow I'm going to mount the transmission to it and get it in the car so I can work on some fabrication. Then going to finish the assembly and start getting it together.

Anyone know where I can pick up some air-to-air couplers and piping of good quality and a decent price?
                    Last edited by Onyxhammer; November 14, 2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I like the fusebox relocation! Thats where the damn thing should be in the first place! nice job
                      1992 Mazda MX-3 GS - KLG4 Turbo

Scott

Comment

Awesome project! You've got a lot of patience and eye for detail my friend I'm anxious to see the final result.
                        1994 PGT MTX-CAI/STS/Hotshot headers/Vibrant catalytic/Pacesetter-Magnaflow catback/Outlaw spacers/RR inserts/Mazda6 brake upgrade/Yonaka coilovers/AWR trailing arms/AWR rear sway bar/PRD rear STB/95-97 rear end conversion.

2006 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed 6

Comment

Thanks guys. Later tonight I should have the motor and transmission back in its home. Then after that, it's just putting it back together piece by piece.

However, as easy as the fuse box relocation was, MS is still a little confusing. I need to know where people get their "Fused Switched 12V Supply" for their injectors for sequential. I understand that the white wires run the grounds to turn them off/on but I'm not quite positive where to wire up the 12V from. Still researching. Hopefully I can get some of these local guys to give me a hand.

Comment

Updates from today.

Another super long day in the shop. Started at 7:30am and I'm just now taking a break. Spent an hour getting the motor in the hole. Cleaned up some more bolts, painted some brackets, adjusted a few things, mounted said parts to motor, and then installed my manifolds.

Here are some pictures

Manifold:

Transmission mounted, both sides (Excuse the dirty transmission as I didn't bother wasting too much time cleaning it as I'm sure I'll be changing it soon after I get another vehicle sold so I can order my PAR transmission)

Held by passenger/transmission mounts for the time being

Last edited by Onyxhammer; November 14, 2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Going to be out of town for a week so I won't be putting up pictures but I've now got the car down on the ground with the tires under it so I can push the car outside the shop while I'm gone.

I'll grab some more pictures before I leave though

Comment

Finally back in town so I can start doing some work again, I'm hoping on Monday I can get to a pipe bender to fab up my exhaust pipes. I got all of my 2" / 3" v-band flanges which are INFINITELY easier to use than the typical 3 bolt/nut flanges. So I'd highly recommend someone using them if they are able.

Got a ton more to do but I managed to finish up a lot of smaller stuff today like some hoses/vacuum stuff/interior things/doors/etc. I would KILL if I had an extra hand though, sometimes trying to put doors on with one person BLOWS. It took a lot of blocking and such to get it to work. =( Lol

However, I'll be back to posting pictures shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X