No announcement yet.

Ford Probe GT 2.5L KLDE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in VA over the weekend putting a new turbo on my buddies Speed6, after getting that taken care of and going through 2 turbos to get one that wasn't bad its up and running.

Pictures from the junk turbo on the Speed6
    http://s275.photobucket.com/user/ony...Mazda%20Speed6

About 5 qts of oil in less than a few minutes. Wasn't sure if it was burning oil from the original turbo that was leaking really bad or not, decided to move it outside and shot oil everywhere. The car immediately got shut off and a new turbo was overnighted which worked just fine.

After doing that I worked on my new 87 Ford Ranger.
    2.9L V6, 5spd, Reg Cab, 2WD

Brand new clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, cap/rotor button, plugs, wires. I picked this bad boy up for $400. After they did the tuneup, the truck wouldn't start, I brought it home, did the tuneup again since I knew they had wires crossed and it started right up. It's already got a brand new bed, fender, and interior on it(new from whats in the picture as the truck was painted but its worse than a Maaco job) its getting painted this week.

Once all of that was done, I worked on the PGT again, I got the suspension under the car, I got all the brakes completely installed (its all factory for the moment) and finalized the rest of the what was needed to get the car into a rolling chassis. In a few weeks the car is coming up to OH to spend some time at IPS Performance to have some new snazzy things welded to it since I dont have the time/resources to weld the pipes together at the moment (damn work )
    Last edited by Onyxhammer; June 21, 2014, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Like what you did with the trailing arms and rear cross member. Did you buy those all new or did you have them blasted and powder coated? That is also on my list to do, curious how you did yours. Nice Ranger BTW What color is it right now and what color are you painting it?

Comment

The trailing arms and rear cross member are from Darren at King6. He shipped them out and I installed them with zero issues everything from him came out top notch! I painted them a Medium Gray.

The current color of the Ranger is what is in the pictures above, the new color is actually the same paint as what you'll see in my older pictures of the PGT I'm working on. It's called Shadow Gunmetal Gray. Its getting base coat/clear coated this week.

Comment

OK, not to sound stupid, King Fab has those parts? We can buy them from his site, right? My cross member is good so I may not need it. Trailing arms will need blasted and powder coated. Buying and refinishing seems easier and the way to go at this point

Comment

Yep, he had everything I wanted except for a few things only because he didn't have a PGT to leverage as a 'mock up' for me. But yea, get in touch with him if you need something.

Comment

Finally back at the shop again and got more work done on the PGT. Been ages since I've been able to get down here since getting 2 promotions at work and now traveling all over the world.

I've got all of the following installed/modified this week:
              Suspension(ksports)
              Steering(rack installed with new tie rods (inners/outers)
              Brakes installed and bled(stock right now until I get my Speed6 brakes)
              Cross members (front/rear with transmission mount)
              Traction control bars
              Lateral arms, trailing arms, sway bar + ulinks
              Walboro 255 pump installed in tank with custom latch into the floor
              Short throw shifter installed
              Axles

The collectors/WG/turbo should be installed hopefully by the end of the week as long as the stuff I ordered shows up in time.

I've got the top section of the core support removed and about to order a radiator, have a few options and wanted to get some insight to what people thought would be my best option (I'm going to be custom fab'ing the core support)

Griffin Radiator 2-58185-XC 22"x13"x3 ($565.55) (same side inlet/outlet - passenger)
              [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Radiator-2-58185-XC-Scirocco-Shroud/dp/B007N0KPLE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420055429&sr=8-2&keywords=griffin+radiator+with+fan+scirocco"]Amazon.com: Griffin Radiator 2-58185-XC 22" x 13" Scirocco Dual Pass Right Race Radiator with Fan and Shroud Combo: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414XuGOOfTL.@@AMEPARAM@@414XuGOOfTL[/ame]

Griffin Radiator 2-28185-XC 22"x13"x3 ($443.82) (same side inlet/outlet - passenger)
              [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Radiator-2-28185-XC-Scirocco-Shroud/dp/B007N0KK3C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420055429&sr=8-1&keywords=griffin+radiator+with+fan+scirocco"]Amazon.com: Griffin Radiator 2-28185-XC 22" x 13" Scirocco Dual Pass Right Race Radiator with Fan and Shroud: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JUvKcsrcL.@@AMEPARAM@@51JUvKcsrcL[/ame]

Griffin Radiator 2-55135-XCE 18.5"x17"x3" ($511.99) (top left/bottom right)
              http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gr...-xce/overview/

Another option I am still playing around with:

1.) Leave the current head configuration alone and leverage batch firing on the MS using the distributor

2.) Install the cam sensor that I pulled from a 626 and coil pack to leverage sequential

I can pull the head off, send to a machine shop, to have the cam cap line bored or just install it and go, I'm not 100% certain on how I should proceed here. Thoughts?

Comment

At those prices, why not just get a Ron Davis aluminum radiator for the Probe specifically?
                PaTricK
                ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

I'm certainly up for suggestions, only problem is that my turbo is large so having the radiator go the entire way across the front of the car in the normal location may get in the way. I won't know 100% for sure until the rest of my turbo stuff shows up.

Comment

I haven't forgotten about this thread or you guys at all, so I bring forth an update and pictures to keep you guys in the loop.

I have found the most amazing help to get my car stuff fabricated and put together. I've enlisted the help of Tim (PolarExpress17) at TSD Fabrication to help me get the car finished as the car was in VA while I was in college (full time) with a full time job in Ohio so getting down to VA was a huge pain in the rear to work effectively. So Tim and I've teamed up to get the car finished so I literally cannot thank him enough for his time, patience, and amazing welding skills. Thanks Tim!

Anyways, on to the good stuff that you guys want to see.

3" downpipe

This particular photo was taken before the hot pipes were tacked together so its basically just sitting close to its final position (housing is going to get turned) but you get the idea. Also, ignore the wiring harness nightmare. This particular car is getting that rats nest of a harness yanked out and replaced with my MS3x v3.57 setup.
                    Last edited by Onyxhammer; June 2, 2015, 04:01 PM.

Comment

In addition to the hot side of the car getting tacked together, for the last few weeks Tim has been working on some RnD for the KL and we're prototyping a new intake on my car that will leverage equal length long runners, single plenum, leverage the factory fuel rails and injectors (or going top feeds is also an option) and "possibly" no hood modifications (this part is still TBD). So here are some more pictures.

Last edited by Onyxhammer; June 2, 2015, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Here are some pictures of what we're working with for the exhaust (not pictured are the mandrel 3" bends we're using).

Hi-flow cat, flex pipe, and you can see my Griffin Radiator behind that

3" inlet/4" outlet mangaflow race series muffler

3" stainless

Some pictures of Tim's amazing welds

Everything on this car is getting vbanded, screw bolts and gaskets they just suck.
                        Last edited by Onyxhammer; June 2, 2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

please tell me you are making provisions to put the transmission crossmember back in....that little piece of metal keeps the engine from going into the cabin during a front end collision. The sides are crumple zones and will fold back immediately whereas that crossmember doesn't buckle easily (I have 2 in my back yard that didn't not change shape - one of which hit a concrete wall at around 50 head on)
                          '94 teal w/black int. some sort of sts, 65mm DE TB full KL31 ZE, CAI, Phenolyc spacers, mx3 flywheel, pacesetter headers, 2.5" exhaust, stainless brake lines, MS and LC-1. Charter member Club 15.2 - Mustang Dyno - 187/169 @the wheels
                          '90 White GT "Pearl"....uh ohzzzz...I had turboz. Now with T3....now it's J-doggs
                          '96 SE & '93 "Red-Eye" smashed and trashed. 97 GTS....crashed, not trashed yet

Comment

No room for that crossmember, the car will be fully caged though and will also have a custom subframe structure utilizing stock mounting points
                            95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                            Built, Not Bought.
                            No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Adding another picture to show the current stance of the car, there will still be minor adjustments once the cage is added and a few other things but it doesn't look too bad sitting on KSports

Comment

Todays little bit of progress

95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                                Built, Not Bought.
                                No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X