No announcement yet.

Making a PGT Twin Turbo AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were a damn good running car. Nothing special to look at! I had two when I was 16-18 and they were both 230,000+ when they finally took a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
      I personally wouldn't call someone else's hobby a "waste of time", because it's a bit rude.

But I do understand the sentiment that the ROI (Return on Investment) as far as time vs. result is unappealing to most and why most wouldn't do it.
      I should reword that to better reflect my thoughts, I don't think its a big waste of time for him to do it, obviously he's well invested in the project and for him is very well worth his time, and I applaud his efforts. Same thing goes for your miata hybrid conversion.

Personally I wouldn't do it as I would consider it a waste of my time I could spend actually driving/ racing a car that took far fewer hours to build. That has no bearing on what is a waste of his time.
      Ryan
      '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
      SMF Prep:
      MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Originally posted by concealer404 View Post
        Somebody LIKES the Taurus?
        I like the Taurus. Good money in fixing them. :-D
        Ryan
        '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
        SMF Prep:
        MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] 15x11's and 275 Hoosiers [] Hawk HP+ [] Sparco [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Comment

Not a 90s Taurus.

Comment

Yes, those too.
            Ryan
            '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
            SMF Prep:

Comment

We had 4 with no issue. And never saw them at the shop i worked at

Comment

So, you never replaced tires, brakes, ball joints, performed tune ups, had bad coils, distributors or ignition modules? Never had coolant leaks, exhaust leaks, or broken door handles?

Must be feeding them some good wheaties!
                Ryan
                '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                SMF Prep:

Comment

The 90s Taurus were Very reliable and had next to zero issues in my experience. Normal things like tires, and oil. But rarely were they getting anything replace.

Back to the Audi that look much better then stock.

Comment

Originally posted by custmprobe View Post
                    Not a 90s Taurus.
                    For a while now I have had this in mind as a daily.
                    Attached Files
                    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Don't get me wrong, they're not bad cars, just ones that like to have things repaired more than other cars.
                      Ryan
                      '94 Mazda MX6 V-6
                      SMF Prep:

Comment

I would take a taurus over this lip stick pig. Haha

My second car (78 lifted 150 only lasted a year) was a 90 taurus. Gutted cat, cai, and a kick buttlocations. 15", i also upgraded all factory speaker locations so it had a killer system all around.

I figured this turned into the taurus show so I would remeniss.
                        Last edited by custmprobe; February 7, 2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Latest installment just released:
                          http://youtu.be/5I9dSDNqzfU
                          Last edited by JoePGT5S; June 6, 2014, 06:15 PM.
                          95 PGT MTX. 1/4 million miles on original engine (and Original Owner).

Comment

That is cool as hell can't wait to see vids of it running
                            94 probe se. Dropped 2 inches

Comment

I want to know how much money has been invested on this so far?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPexZYEvajE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odqlee9adlw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNIRTUmt1EU[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X