X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you drive it?

Comment

• great progress!

Hey - where did you get the poly bushings for the rear from? Interested in potentially replacing all of them. Thanks!

Also, are parts from your parts car available for sale? Need a couple things...
      1989 Ford Probe GT stock turbo, HKS I/C Pipes, SBC TZ clutch, KVR cadmium/slotted rotors & pads, SMC SS brake lines, K&N filter, intake silencer-delete, A/C-delete, FSTB, Probesport RSTB, Probesport STS, custom mandrel stainless exhaust with Magnaflow muffler and highflow cat, Tokico "blues", Eibach Pro Kit, Yokahama Avid H4's on 17" Enkei TBS-11's, Raxles axles, Energy Suspension endlinks, ARP cyl head stud and exhaust manifold stud conversions

Comment

• Man! This car is looking GREAT! Nice work!
        My 93GT, Wendy - the oldest second gen Probe in the U.S. still on the road.

Forever in search of Enkei Shoguns.

Comment

• Thanks guys! Actually just drove it!! Runs ok still chasing down the egr issue. Pillow ball mounts up front are making a racket but I think I need to use a shorter nut to sock it down more. I still have the parts car, shoot me a pm.

The bushings are whiteline. Who were being sold through energy suspension. However it seems they have been discontinued as of a couple months ago. Super pro sells a set via eBay for the ford Telstar which is the same chassis.
          1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
          1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
          2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
          2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
          2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Ditched the nrg's for a a pair of corbeau forza's. MUCH sturdier than the fiberglass buckets. Have 5pt's for both driver and passenger. Gold wheels are getting sold so i can put proper tires on my traklites and run those. Also spent a good deal of time buffing the paint out, cleaned up rather nicely given age and history.

2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
            2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Those traklites will look wayy better then the xxr's IMHO. Great to see a a forgotten car resurrected

Comment

• Originally posted by n8r View Post
                Those traklites will look wayy better then the xxr's IMHO. Great to see a a forgotten car resurrected
                Thanks! I think they will look good as well.
                2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• That's one sexy Probe! Another good barn find for sure!

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerbbrooks View Post
                    That's one sexy Probe! Another good barn find for sure!
                    Thanks!
                    2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                    2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Got rubber in for the traklites, went with the the bfg g-force comp 2's. Wanted something that would survive a few autox's and a season or so of street driving.

These got decent reviews for both street and perforamance driving and the price was right.

Next year I'll move into something grippier once I get some driving experience under my belt and a feel for the car.

2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                      2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Car is DONE. I'll have plates by friday, an alignment next weekend, and then get some miles on it to work out any bugs! Have to say quite pleased, and very excited to finally put it to work!

2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                        2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Car came out nice Plx! Very good job. What made you decide to sell the gold wheels and go with the black ones?
                          BTW whats next, project car wise?

Comment

• Car looks great! Looks like you have some nice huntin land back ther.
                            Some people are living life and some people are just living.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottD961 View Post
                              Car came out nice Plx! Very good job. What made you decide to sell the gold wheels and go with the black ones?
                              BTW whats next, project car wise?
                              Thanks! I've learned a lot over the last year and interests have changed, really want to autox/do some hpde events so making the car safer in those respects have driven a lot of the later modifications, Learning new things and discovering previously purchased/installed parts are inferior is only half the battle.

The motegis are much lighter/stronger and the tires should allow me to do what I want with the car, less show more functional.

As far as this car project, just needs to be driven and have the kinks worked out, in the the future, maybe sways, a better set of dampers, and a sticker tire. As long as the turbo holds out i'll be happy with the power output.

Next project is on to my 66' GTO that has sat neglected for the past few years after I built the motor. Watch for a pro touring style build to follow.

Originally posted by yellowrob View Post
                              Car looks great! Looks like you have some nice huntin land back ther.
                              Thanks! My folks property sits on 7 acres and there are surrounding cranberry bogs so we have our fair share of creatures out there!
                              2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
                              2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

• Originally posted by plx92 View Post

Next project is on to my 66' GTO that has sat neglected for the past few years after I built the motor. Watch for a pro touring style build to follow.
                                Ahh.the Mighty GTO ! Soft spot in my heart for those. My first car and I probably had 5 of them and Fire-chicken's, Grand Prix's thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Working...
                                X