No announcement yet.

350Z engine EXPLOSION!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He must be well off to be able to say "oh well" and joke about the entire scenario.
    2004 Mazda Ti Grey 3s Hatch
    Former Probe owner
    Do American cows not Moo? or perhaps Moo with an american accent, Moo haa, yippidy ding dang moo etc

Comment

ooops thats not supposed to happen

Comment

Go Nissan reliability.

Stephen Wilds #303
        PhotoPOC
        BMW 328i
        BMW Z4

Comment

That's the best racetrack in the world right there. Dangerous Dan ran a 12.96 in that same lane, John Force ran a 4.xx@330 mph in that same lane, and I ran my first 13 second ATX pass in that lane. Heh.

Yeah... those guys have way too much money if they're going to the track and doing close to 10k in damage to their brand new 350z and laughing it off. "Development" or not, that's not something I'd chuckle about.
          1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
          228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
          ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Originally posted by Nylie
            He must be well off to be able to say "oh well" and joke about the entire scenario.
            It's obviously a tuning development car. It's all one big write-off. They don't care.
            www.NogaroBlue.com
            -2001 Audi S4 biturbo
            -2004 Audi Allroad biturbo
            -2010 VW Routan-1995 Ford Ranger 4x4-
            -My Photos- -Nürburgring FAQ- -4 Ways To Dominate-

Comment

Petty cash:$4,000

Forged soup =

I love seeing engines blow up like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nylie
                EXACTLY....well off and plenty of time on his hands.
                my email address is NOT working!

Comment

Yeah, uh, actually, they're a tuning team... as you could see be going to the website at the end... Which makes it about a million times funnier because the're laughing about it. Sixty foot time was 1.20, the shot was.... duh duh duuuuuuuuuh a 375 hp shot, single staged.

From theexperience.com:
                  Maple Grove Raceway Results September 27th 2003

Well the weekend started out great. Andrew ran his best ( as he alwayse does) on the first run out of the trailer.

11.38 ET @ 119 MPH screaming down the PA track.

NOS controler timing issues haunted the team all day so on sunday they tried something new. Turning off the DELAY for the NOS gave the 3.5VQ engine a nitrious boost of 375 HP in one gulp, she took it fine off the line resulting in the best 60 foot time ever, a 1.20... as andrew approached the 300 foot mark it was over, the engine blew and sent a fire ball from under the car.

Race and Learn, thats what this is all about.
                  Never on PT.
                  '98 CSVT #3780.

Comment

Originally posted by swordsmen6
                    Yeah, uh, actually, they're a tuning team... as you could see be going to the website at the end... Which makes it about a million times funnier because the're laughing about it. Sixty foot time was 1.20, the shot was.... duh duh duuuuuuuuuh a 375 hp shot, single staged.

From theexperience.com:
                    And that's what tuning a "new" car is all about.

They know they pushed things a little too far and there's no reason to spaz about it. Now they know what not to do. It will probably be fixed and running better with much less money involved than people think.

Tuners blow stuff up all the time. You'll never know exactly how far you can push something unless you test it to failure.

1.20 60' time is awesome.
                    www.NogaroBlue.com
                    -2001 Audi S4 biturbo
                    -2004 Audi Allroad biturbo
                    -2010 VW Routan-1995 Ford Ranger 4x4-
                    -My Photos- -Nürburgring FAQ- -4 Ways To Dominate-

Comment

I'd love to be in a car pulling 1.2 60's?

Off topic, but does anyone know the average 60' time for a top fuel car? The 4second - 6,000hp cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomegrown
                        And that's what tuning a "new" car is all about.

They know they pushed things a little too far and there's no reason to spaz about it. Now they know what not to do. It will probably be fixed and running better with much less money involved than people think.

Tuners blow stuff up all the time. You'll never know exactly how far you can push something unless you test it to failure.

1.20 60' time is awesome.
                        Exactly... Hell, I've known guys who have blown up their own drag cars, and they just laugh about it. What can you do at that point? Nothing left to do but install a new motor.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that thing come back out with a nasty turbo setup.

And yeah, that was one crazy 60'.
                        Never on PT.
                        '98 CSVT #3780.

Comment

Originally posted by HowLeTT
                          That's the best racetrack in the world right there. Dangerous Dan ran a 12.96 in that same lane, John Force ran a 4.xx@330 mph in that same lane, and I ran my first 13 second ATX pass in that lane. Heh.
                          Aaaaaw, Howlett, what's wrong with good ole' Atco? I had my fastes (and only) runs there.... And you crazy L-Townians love that place, don't you?
                          Never on PT.
                          '98 CSVT #3780.

Comment

A 375 shot?
                            Stephen Wilds #303
                            PhotoPOC
                            BMW 328i
                            BMW Z4

Comment

Awesome cars = Awesome Bills $$$$

can we say...OOOOOOPS!! Sucks to be that car, but oh well since they can just chuckle about it I guess its no big deals. Though I hate seeing ppl ruin a perfectly good car like that
                              Dan Brown - 1995 Turbo PGT ~ SOLD ~
                              287whp & 307lb-ft. @ 10.5psi & 12* Timing

Comment

Originally posted by HowLeTT
                                actually the fastest/best track is the Norwalk Raceway That's what is known around the drag racers
                                --MJ--
                                --2006 Ford Fusion I4 SE--Tungsten Silver--6 Speed Auto--

Comment

Working...
                                X