No announcement yet.

My new CAR!!!! Fastest EvAr!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cris.. did you lift the rear end up to compensate for the height of the 18's? or do you guys think the shorter tires would take care of that? i guess really, with the same height tires on the rear as on the front, the rear would only be lifted.. 1/2"??

either way. i really like!
    When I was your age, Pluto was a planet

Comment

• Yeah, but now I might go back to the tire shop to see if I can go with 40's instead of 50's, I kinda lost torque with the rear being 50's ;x But IT STICKS to the ground very nicely (SLICKS! ;P )
      Halo 3: 5 Star General (6000 EXP)

XBL Tag: Jimmy Bags

"I like how strippers try to glamourize their jobs by calling themselves professional dancers"
      C619

Comment

• chris i was joking but go 18's both if it wont kill ur wallet

the second ps pic looks sweet.
        Billy D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billys97gts
          chris i was joking but go 18's both if it wont kill ur wallet

the second ps pic looks sweet.
          Well, the thing is, I can't find 18's for the same style wheels... :-/

I'll see what I can do.

"I like how strippers try to glamourize their jobs by calling themselves professional dancers"
          C619

Comment

• Here ya go Cris. Penance for the pineapple jokes I've made.

Motorsport Z06 wheel: 18" Black. They have them in both 9.5 and 10.5 inch widths. They also come in 19s if you're interested.

<edit>
            Here as well. RK Sport Just google Motorsport Z06 wheel. You'll find plenty.
            Last edited by Silver93SE; July 5, 2004, 11:05 AM.
            Steve -- Vice President of DPOC!

- .... .. ... / .. ... / -. --- - / .- / .--. --- .-.. .. - .. -.-. .- .-.. / ... .. --.

Comment

• Sweet find! I'll have to save some money or sell my rear 17's to get those 18

C619

Comment

• I stopped reading after page 7, lol. But congrats on the Vette Chris!!! I'm going to have to check it out if I make it to CaPOC(TwistORama) I'm prolly going to bring the lex, and yah, gas mileage is a bia. I get 17mpg on an inline six I can only image what gas mileage you get Later bro.
                2006 Blue/White Suzuki GSX-R600 Bad Fish Sliders,-1+2 Sprockets, Speedo Healer, Power Commander(mildly Dyno Tuned to 107hp), Micron GP Exhaust
                1994 Oxidized Black Ford Probe GT 2.5l 24v v6 Daily Driver w/ constantly in repair mod
                "Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." - Tupac Shakur

Comment

• Originally posted by chris619
                  Hehehe, don't worry, big Cris got it
                  Here's some pics of tonight...
                  Ohhh kissie ;P

You should have grabbed her titty. Oh and you Vin Diesel looking MF'er, just not as big.
                  Rocky/Ralphie/Fetus

2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT, light bolt-ons.
                  13.51@104mph

Comment

• Funny to say this on the PGT board, but welcome to the Vette crowd...

Looks nice, but I think I still prefer the 'stock' grayed rims for a black car. IMO that color looks good on a quicksilver/machine silver car.

Does yours have the Z51 sport package? Not sure if it was an option in 97, just curious.

My '02 Z, the pic was taken 30 minutes after I got her in 2002 with just 2 miles on the clock.
                    At the time I got the Z, I had one '93 MX-6 V6 and the '96 PGT.

G.

Comment

• Damn! I thougth I was going to be the only 'vette owner on PT! DIE! j00!

Hehehe jk. Sweet Z you got there! Too rich of my blood And nope, there wasn't any 'sports' package offered in 97 (not even a z06 or convertible either )

I bet you love your car

C619

Comment

• Yep, so far so good, but only 8800 miles on it tho. I like it a lot but IMO, good things must always be taken with moderation. Not being the daily driver also helps to that.

Drive safely and congrats on the new toy!

cheers.

G.

PS. Hablas español?
                        PS.1. As for the dual flowmaster, hmmm, I'd recommend you do the ziptie mod instead, its free and will give you a good hp gain. As for oil, get AMSOIL ATF for the tranny and AMSOIL for the differential, you'll notice a huge improvement for shifting and around 1 mpg improvement overall. I use AMSOIL 0W-30 Series 2000 for the motor. Best stuff ever made for internal combustion engines!

Originally posted by chris619
                        Damn! I thougth I was going to be the only 'vette owner on PT! DIE! j00!

Hehehe jk. Sweet Z you got there! Too rich of my blood And nope, there wasn't any 'sports' package offered in 97 (not even a z06 or convertible either )

I bet you love your car
                        Last edited by Manteuffel; July 6, 2004, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manteuffel
                          Yep, so far so good, but only 8800 miles on it tho. I like it a lot but IMO, good things must always be taken with moderation. Not being the daily driver also helps to that.

Drive safely and congrats on the new toy!

cheers.

G.

PS. Hablas español?
                          PS.1. As for the dual flowmaster, hmmm, I'd recommend you do the ziptie mod instead, its free and will give you a good hp gain. As for oil, get AMSOIL ATF for the tranny and AMSOIL for the differential, you'll notice a huge improvement for shifting and around 1 mpg improvement overall. I use AMSOIL 0W-30 Series 2000 for the motor. Best stuff ever made for internal combustion engines!
                          Yeah I speak spanish (very good, i'm mexican )

And, roger with the Oil help, oh and what's the ZipTie mod? Please enlighten me

C619

Comment

• Originally posted by Manteuffel
                            As for the dual flowmaster, hmmm, I'd recommend you do the ziptie mod instead, its free and will give you a good hp gain.
                            And I thought Probes owners were the only people that had to resort to such mods to gain power.

Comment

• Originally posted by chris619
                              Yeah I speak spanish (very good, i'm mexican )

And, roger with the Oil help, oh and what's the ZipTie mod? Please enlighten me
                              Encantado de conocerte, yo soy Español y me llamo Guillermo.

The ziptie mod consists in just removing the entire airlid of the stock airbox and holding the airfilter with zipties instead of the stock metal clamps.

I've done it but without the zipties tho, just using the stock clamps, and I've noticed a stronger 3rd gear punch on the highway, not bad for
                              something that just took 10 minutes of time. I also use a foam/oil wetted AMSOIL air filter. Other than that, my car is bonestock. Not much need to mess with it!

Here is a link to the Ziptie mod.
                              http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showt...ghlight=ziptie

Oil should help a lot, you should see considerably lower oil temperatures with AMSOIL vs. the 'stock' Mobil 1. Also, when you change the oil, see if the previous owner installed a magnetic drain plug, if not, may I suggest you get one? It is always a good thing to have one there!

G.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlimmGT
                                And I thought Probes owners were the only people that had to resort to such mods to gain power.
                                LOL... yeah, I know!! But hey, FREE IS FREE right?

G.

Comment

Working...
                                X