My new car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new car...

I hate to say it , but here is my new 2005 Honda civic. We just got it a few hr's ago. We were needing something cheap, and gets good MPG.

Here you go:

Don't worry about my probe , this car is our daily ride to work!
    Last edited by Jerry Rhodes; August 22, 2005, 08:50 AM.
    Jerry...
    93 Probe GT

My PGT Photo Archive

why not just buy a used one if you were looking for cheap?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
      I wonder the same thing alot too from people who come in and buy Corollas and low-end Camrys...

But then I realize they probably want a totally worry-free, trouble-free car for daily transportation, and there's no better way to accomplish that then to be the 1st owner of a fully warranted car.

Civic > Corolla, btw. I might sell Toyotas but I'd own a Civic over a Corolla anyday. Nice choice!!
      ~SumR
      I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

did u look at the hybrid? granted they cost more initially, but u get 1) great mileage, 2) tax credit
        NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
          I considered a used Civic before I bought an 05. Truth is, the resale on a Civic is so high around here that a few more dollars meant 0 on the odometer and a full warranty that gives me "totally worry-free, trouble-free car for daily transportation" like Snorb93GT said. There was an 04 Civic identical to the 05 I bought, but with 13,000 miles going for MORE than what I paid for the new. Crazy, but true.

Awesome color Jerry Rhodes, I tried and tried to get a 5-speed in that color, but had to end up with black. You'll love the MPG! 80MPH + AC = 38 MPG

Comment

Originally posted by Rayman
            did u look at the hybrid? granted they cost more initially, but u get 1) great mileage, 2) tax credit
            Yes you get great mileage, but you also have to look at the cost of the battery that can run over $2000 for new one. I've heard too that they only last around 2 years.

Oh and I didn't have an extra 10k for it either
            Last edited by Jerry Rhodes; August 22, 2005, 03:56 PM.
            Jerry...
            93 Probe GT

My PGT Photo Archive

Comment

Originally posted by tzec
              I considered a used Civic before I bought an 05. Truth is, the resale on a Civic is so high around here that a few more dollars meant 0 on the odometer and a full warranty that gives me "totally worry-free, trouble-free car for daily transportation" like Snorb93GT said. There was an 04 Civic identical to the 05 I bought, but with 13,000 miles going for MORE than what I paid for the new. Crazy, but true.

Awesome color Jerry Rhodes, I tried and tried to get a 5-speed in that color, but had to end up with black. You'll love the MPG! 80MPH + AC = 38 MPG
              Your right about that. I was looking for a while at used honda's, and I just couldn't imagine spending 8-9k for a car over 5 years old with over 60k milies on them. Crazy....... for a few more bucks I ended up with a new one
              Jerry...
              93 Probe GT

My PGT Photo Archive

Comment

Awesome!
                1998 Milano Red Civic DX 5spd - 1797cc B18C

photoPOC

Comment

Dont let the probe ricers talk smack, your civic will do its job FOREVER! And it will get double the milage of most of our GT's hehe. Nice ride Jerry, now you need a wing and your set lol.
                  Dan Brown - 1995 Turbo PGT ~ SOLD ~
                  287whp & 307lb-ft. @ 10.5psi & 12* Timing

Comment

Hybrids only get their totally super-duper awesome mileage, on long ass trips. I work with someone with a Honda Insight. She gets great MPG on the way to work (she lives an hour north), but driving short trips, her mileage is just as good as her husbands V8 Ram.

As for the topic... As long as ya'll are happy
                    '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                    '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Sure its new...but just like every other Jerry Rhodes vehicle its crazy clean and mint

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerGL
                        Sure its new...but just like every other Jerry Rhodes vehicle its crazy clean and mint
                        It will stay that way till he sells it I bet!
                        Hot Chowder - with Hoser Dave

Comment

The advantages of getting a hybrid are very slim and getting slimmer(at least in this area). When we went to the dealer the wife wanted to get the hybrid version of the civic but after talking it over and doing some research we found that it wasnt a good deal for us. The reason we were looking at it was to cut our gas bill per month. But with the added cost of the hybrid over the regular civic we would end up paying to honda instead of exxon. That's including a dealer mark up on the hybrid of $2K. We thought about the tax credit but that is going away soon and its enough to make up the difference in cost. Also here in Va if you have a hybrid you can ride in the HOV lanes with only a sinlge person in the car. But Jan 06 will end that also. So instead we went with the ex coupe instead. A guy here at my work with his civic hybrid is getting about the same mpg that my wife is getting out of her ex.
                          Matt Knudsen
                          2010 Colorado 5.3L V8
                          2009 Yamaha R6r

Comment

It takes about 10 years for you to make up the extra costs of a hybrid to actually save money. Unless your a tree hugger the hybrids really arent that great.

Congrats on purchase!
                            WAGS

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerGL
                              Jerry...
                              93 Probe GT

My PGT Photo Archive

Comment

Working...
                              X