Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joost27 View Post
    Thanks you.

Oh and as for 1/4 mile times I dont want to talk about it....

16.31 was my best at the end of October, it was the first time at the track with the KL.
    17.8 was my worst with a 3.4s 60'

60' was 2.9s and spun 1st-3rd it was horrible. Track sucked bad and was super cold. Spring I will run again at another track.

My girlfriend snapped the passenger axle the 4th pass of the day so it ended my day quickly. But nothing a trip to advance and changing in the parking lot couldn't fix.
    Kl36 ecu runs rich as hell.Turn your afpr to 34psi @ idle..Your a/f is in the 10's at WOT,right now!Nice work.Wish it was mines!!Lol
    93 Probe gt- ,15.37 1/4 mile at mph 85 ** 5/24/03 14.71 SOLD
    1994 gt -klze,I/h/e/fly/ignition/kl31 ecu,colt210/210 cams Rip 2/13/08(blackice)
    92 mx3gs,ze swap from my probe 15.0@96mph :-( 175hp&155tq
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2396402

Comment

white: there is around 3 inches from top of manifold to the strut bar, so i doubt i would have to worry about clearing, but thanks for the heads up.

blackprobe: I will try to drop the pressure down, but i have seen arguments both ways, i do not have a wbO2, will be next purchase.
      2000 Mazda Protege ES 1.8l >> 2.5l KLZE
      KLZE Straight Neck, CAI, Pacesetter Headers
      KL36 ECU, JE50 VAF, AFPR @ 40psi, Shaved Flywheel

Comment

Hey man nice job with the protege, i saw it at HIN at new england speedway this summer
        1992 Probe LX_Rust in Peace
        1989 Probe GT_Weekend Warrior
        2002 Focus SVT_Powerworks Supercharged_Gone
        2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
        2017 BRZ Premium_Daily

Comment

Very clean set up.

And yea I would turn down the fuel pressure a bit to. before I boosted I ran mine in low 30s after I started using the kl36 je50 combo for years. I never checked with a wideband but i did play with the pressure at the track. The lower pressure improved my time and mph. The ze ecu was a night and day difference over my stock kl48 ecu. Easily noticed if you have full bolt ons. .
          2g probe ze

Comment

white: there is around 3 inches from top of manifold to the strut bar, so i doubt i would have to worry about clearing, but thanks for the heads up.

blackprobe: I will try to drop the pressure down, but i have seen arguments both ways, i do not have a wbO2, will be next purchase.
            Its a little had to do without a WB02,but i whould try it anyway.This is only with the kl36 ecu.i

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

Originally posted by siknin View Post
            Very clean set up.

And yea I would turn down the fuel pressure a bit to. before I boosted I ran mine in low 30s after I started using the kl36 je50 combo for years. I never checked with a wideband but i did play with the pressure at the track. The lower pressure improved my time and mph. The ze ecu was a night and day difference over my stock kl48 ecu. Easily noticed if you have full bolt ons. .
            yeah i use to run about 30-32 @ idle just to keep the a/f in the 12's at WOT!
            1994 gt -klze,I/h/e/fly/ignition/kl31 ecu,colt210/210 cams Rip 2/13/08(blackice)

Comment

now was that all with the stock fuel pump? reason why I ask is because tonight I turned down to 38 at idle and it made the car feel sluggish on the top compared to 44. I'm going to see if my friend will let me use his wbo2 while his dsm is down for the winter. thanks for the advice everyone.

Comment

1- Nicely done!
                2- Play with fuel pressure and wideband until you get best WOT AFRs
                3- Defenitely get cams and a 65mm TB! With the weight of the car and your set up, i wouldnt be surprised to see high 13s
                Rio Red 94PGT, Turbo T360trim,T3T4E 50 trim,T3T4E57 trim Parted out!
                1998 Volvo S70, The Brick
                1999 Red Volvo S70 T5 The Red Devil, modded
                1998 Black V70R AWD, The Waggo with mods

Comment

Car looks great man...look into getting poly lower control arm bushings and traction bars... that will reduce a good chunk of wheel spin.
                  93 Probe GT
                  Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by phatgt4me View Post
                    Car looks great man...look into getting poly lower control arm bushings and traction bars... that will reduce a good chunk of wheel spin.
                    They won't reduce wheel spin a single bit. They'd help with wheel hop though.
                    '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                    '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

now was that all with the stock fuel pump? reason why I ask is because tonight I turned down to 38 at idle and it made the car feel sluggish on the top compared to 44.

No, I did this with a walbro 255
                      2g probe ze

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak View Post
                        They won't reduce wheel spin a single bit. They'd help with wheel hop though.
                        whoops....my bad. Get those to reduce wheel HOP and some top notch tires to reduce spin!
                        93 Probe GT
                        Its not a PROBLEM. It's a PROBE LUM

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d..._5571185_n.jpg

Comment

as far as wheel hop, i have none with the AWR mounts and the eibach springs.

Siknin, that might be the difference then, im still on the stock protege pump, which i have heard is similar in flow to the stock mx6 pump, however it flows good enough for the MSP.

Comment

Wow i Cant believe its been over a year and some months since I posted this thread. I figured I would update. The car is still running great and even more so now since Saturday. Apparently I had valve timing off for the last 35k miles or so. I just replaced all the timing stuff the other day to take care of a noisy timing idler. I got something right this time. The car woke right up and sound entirely different but in a good way. I had only my old 1.8l 4cyl to compare to so i never noticed it being off, I would guess since we checked the marks back when the swap was done, that it either skipped a tooth or something happened when pulling the pin on the tensioner.

Anyways. Car is running amazing now, a few changes to the car since I made this. Mainly it is on its 3rd transmission <_<. The stock Mazdaspeed Protege LSD shit the bed after 30k miles(it was used when i bought it tho), so now i am running a 98 626 trans w/ a Team MFactory helical LSD. So far I am very impressed with this lsd and it is so much more brutal than the MSP LSD though, but very positive and helps a lot with traction.

Pics:
                            Left to Right: Stock Open Diff, MSP LSD welded ring gear to housing, MFactory Helical LSD

Installing the MFactory Diff in the latest transmission

Cruise control was added back to the car and some minor painting and whatnot, also running a CAI now

C/F Trunk on the car

Car still in winter mode a few weeks ago

The car as of this past weekend

626 ES v6 badge to compliment my Protege ES w/ a KL

Comment

Effing amazing car.

Any plans for boost?

That front bumper is asking for an IC.
                              93GT. Black/Slammed.
                              All Motor Straight Neck ZE Swap.
                              MAF Swap.
                              All Bolt On's.

Comment

Do you have a wide band o2 installed????looking at your fuel pressure ,I can tell you that your running rich at that fuel pressure,with a jdm ecu!kl36 ecu runs rich as hell ,from the
                                factory!lol

Comment

Working...
                                X