No announcement yet.

3D probe (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man any updates on this yet? it looks amazing, i thought i was good using Rhino 3D considering i destroyed my class. but you make me look like i dont know what im doing. dont know if you meant to or not but where is the gas flap? gotta get this thing rendered in that beautiful blue everyone keeps painting there probes

Thumb up to this dude, Absolutely Amazing!!!!
    1993 Mazda MX6 LS 5-speed - KLZE, DE springs, ebay headers, Trust Catback (no cat), Aston Martin V8 OEM filter, illumines w/ H&R springs, HEI mod running Accel Superstock coil... lots of parts coming (wish I woulda started a build thread)
    1989 Probe GT 2.2l L4 Turbo 5-speed - (SOLD)
    1991 Probe LX 3.0L V6 ATX (Crushed - R.I.P.)

Comment

I just gotta say, thats badass!

Its been so long since I last messed with 3dsm, wow. I am sure a hella lot has changed. Last time I messed with anything of this nature, it was for an old game called Gearhead Garage.

I do miss that game and tinkering with it LOL. I just dont have time like I used to (and I thought school was bad...Boy if I could have the free time like I used to have back when was in highschool LOL)
      My new Ride

Comment

that's pretty sweet. I use Maya for all my 3-D modeling and ZBrush for the textures

Comment

WOW!!!

Very impressive work on the model and renderings. A couple questions?

1. Would you sell a copy of the model with an agreement that we the purchaser would not profit from your work and to credit you for the work?

2. If not, would you be interested in creating a few renderings for people?

Shoot me a pm with your thoughts. I personally need to paint my car, it will stay Electric Red and stock bodied, but have considering the top in black, potentially a carbon fiber hood (with some variation on finishes) and wheels.

The Probe seems to be a hard car to select wheels for, and with the ever changing selection of new wheels it is hard to choose. BTW Tirerack is a great sight but the wheel selector on the Probe 2D side elevation does not convey the wheel/tire package.

As stated I have hundreds of images to reference, but to see the compiled imagery would be a great tool.

And lastly, an 3D modeling of the engine bay, even in a simplified form would be interesting. I want to buy a powder coat set up and a have numerous schemes I would want to study.

Again, great work.
          Thanks,
          Brian

Comment

Dude, this stuff is so awesome !
            Much much respect to you my friend !!!
            Ford Probe GT 2.5 24V 1996
            A lot of work to be done...

Comment

VERY nice job.

I'm half tempted to buy another Probe and build that car!
              95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
              93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
              89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
              04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
              Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Phenomenal work!!! The only complaint I have is the Ford emblem needs to be shaved off the front bumper or color matched to the paint! 3D PROBE FTMFW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by polarexpress17 View Post
                  thanks!

new renders and such, reduced the size some for now. I'm still working with the tail lights because they look like crap right now

http://i28.tinypic.com/29egje1.jpg
                  http://i28.tinypic.com/i27jfa.jpg

Doomed, i made the roof of the hatch red on purpose

much better

http://i31.tinypic.com/16j57v9.jpg
                  I just fell in love. Is that a true exhaust? Can I do that with mine??
                  I refuse to breathe the breath of the failure.

Comment

Good job on the 3D work dood. I wish i could do that but i dont think my computer could hold it

Comment

polar express can you send me a copy of the .3ds file...... i would love to see how you did this....it looks awesome...

nick559nick1@yahoo.com
                      95 PGT n2o wet kit 75 shot, F1 stage2 clutch & 9lb flywheel,AFPR,RR-Inserts, ZE IM port Matched w/Phenos,65mm TB,NGK Plugs/Wires,Megan Springs,Fully Gutted,Short Ram,SSAC headers,Straight Piped no Muffler,Fiberglass Hood, Removed AC and all components

Comment

Originally posted by nicks95gt View Post
                        polar express can you send me a copy of the .3ds file...... i would love to see how you did this....it looks awesome...

nick559nick1@yahoo.com
                        If you send him this, I want your Credit Card number then.
                        94323F2T

Comment

WoW! that's amazing. Gj keep up the good work. A engine cut away would look sweet too.

Comment

you dont make enough money, this is really impressive. Make sure you portfolio all your work. Even the simple designs that you started with. Id REALLY push to get into a field using this... Ive been using autocad since 2001 but havent really done much in 3d max.. only a few simple things... Im more of a blueprint guy.
                            95 PGT

Comment

No door handles other then that amzaing job, I took some classes last year (junior year of hs) in CAD and I remember when I designed my own chess set in 3D on there everyone thought I was amazing! LOL
                              but seriously nice job.

How bout a shot with the headlights up?
                              1996 PGT ATX ~75,000 miles
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3819154

"Racing a honda is like the special olympics... even if they win theyre still retarded."

Comment

I'm sure you all know what car this is, sean paid me a fair amount to do a render of his car. so i figured i'd post it in here.

I'm going to do some studio renders of it soon.

95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                                Built, Not Bought.
                                No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X