No announcement yet.

Ford GTS Coupe proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats in a name look what your driving now wrx whats that short for wrecks jk
    95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
    94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
    93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
    97&94&93 PGT gone
    DALE

Comment

Originally posted by huntingstill View Post
      I think the probe name is part of why the probe died....
      Actually -the Probe went away because Ford made it go away. I have a friend who is high in Ford Corporate and he confirmed rumors that I had heard that Ford buried it because it was hurting Mustang sales. The 2nd gen came out at a time when the Mustang was hitting it's lowest point in design and performance. Sales started doing well on Probes and Mustang sales started slipping. So they blamed it on the PGT rather than on the lack of advances on the Mustang line.

Recently -I had spoken to a Mazda service department head and he told me that they were given strict instructions to not service probes or sell parts for them. He was basically told to bury the Probe if owners came in. They would then refer you to Ford. So then -guess what you get when you go to the Ford Dealership? You got it! They say they don't deal with the Probe anymore and will turn you away too. I asked a guy there if they were also told to basically bury the Probe and he confirmed this.

Ford does not want anything hurting Mustang sales and it was that way back in the 90's and if we were to face reality -it is likely that will never change and a re-incarnation will only be a dream of ours until the only Probes left are in clasic car museums along side the Tucker.
      Last edited by KLZE Porsche; December 13, 2011, 09:11 AM.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

Gm did the same thing with the grand national the cyclone and typhoon because they were faster than their beloved corvette
        95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
        94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
        93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
        97&94&93 PGT gone
        DALE

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
          Recently -I had spoken to a Mazda service department head and he told me that they were given strict instructions to not service probes or sell parts for them. He was basically told to bury the Probe if owners came in. They would then refer you to Ford. So then -guess what you get when you go to the Ford Dealership? You got it! They say they don't deal with the Probe anymore and will turn you away too. I asked a guy there if they were also told to basically bury the Probe and he confirmed this.
          I believe this. Every time I go to a dealership and mention that I have a Probe, they start talking crap about it, how lame it is, why did I buy it, it belongs in a junkyard, etc, etc...

I would assume it's not standard practice to try to humiliate customers when they come in looking for parts, but if you own a Probe it is.
          Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
          STEVE B
          1993 Probe GT
          2016 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by SBPGT View Post
            I believe this. Every time I go to a dealership and mention that I have a Probe, they start talking crap about it, how lame it is, why did I buy it, it belongs in a junkyard, etc, etc...

I would assume it's not standard practice to try to humiliate customers when they come in looking for parts, but if you own a Probe it is.

Haters, Will be Haters.

Off Topic:
            How's The Probe you Bought from my Uncle valant_94gt?
            i miss that thing lol it was eye candy in the driveway

Comment

Originally posted by huntingstill View Post
              And how many people tried to make a light bulb before Edison?
              Tesla did it better

here is my proposal for the next gen probe

it is better to be a smart fella than a fart smella

Comment

yeah I remember the days I used to go to Mazda for parts and the counter guy told me never to mention Probe or the warranty would be void on whatever. 10years ago sounds about the right time frame.
                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Man View Post
                  Tesla did it better

here is my proposal for the next gen probe

^^^^That car had AMAZING handling specially with aftermarket suspension. Riding on a modified Mondeo Chassis. Wish they would have been more popular or maybe they should have run it under the Ford Moniker.

But that was another great one, that ford prematurely killed off
                  Current: Green Envy Fiesta ST e85 Tuned
                  Project: Olive Green SAAB 9-3 HOT 19T Biopower
                  Sold: BCM MS6, MSP,
                  Sold:3L Full Oval Port Swapped 99 Cougar
                  Hookers and Blow, LET'S GO.

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                    Actually -the Probe went away because Ford made it go away. I have a friend who is high in Ford Corporate and he confirmed rumors that I had heard that Ford buried it because it was hurting Mustang sales. The 2nd gen came out at a time when the Mustang was hitting it's lowest point in design and performance. Sales started doing well on Probes and Mustang sales started slipping. So they blamed it on the PGT rather than on the lack of advances on the Mustang line.

Ford does not want anything hurting Mustang sales and it was that way back in the 90's and if we were to face reality -it is likely that will never change and a re-incarnation will only be a dream of ours until the only Probes left are in clasic car museums along side the Tucker.
                    wow no wonder why the probe gt was never in any video games.
                    One day the probe gt will be a classic and I will be one very happy guy. lol

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Originally posted by JonGT View Post
                    If it's not called a Probe, Its Not a Probe
                    Idk Kinda Think Probe Should Still Be in it
                    Probe GTS-X , Probe Waffle ? Every one Loves Waffles

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Almost Looks Like a NSX

my GTS coupe is intended for us that are probe gt fans lol yes its not a probe gt but it will have the spirit of one. but with updated features and stying cues.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

oh BTW heres my probe SE

Proud owner of a "1993 Ford Probe SE" since 2006
                    I am a Transportation design student currently working a proposal for Ford Motor Company to bring back the Probe GT or just a new sports coupe for the next generation.

Comment

I was looking at pics of XJ220's and noticed something... Hmmmm

Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
                      STEVE B
                      1993 Probe GT
                      2016 Mustang

Comment

I would like to close this thread now.
                        thanks.
                        Proud owner of a "1993 Ford Probe SE" since 2006
                        I am a Transportation design student currently working a proposal for Ford Motor Company to bring back the Probe GT or just a new sports coupe for the next generation.

Comment

I highly doubt they will ever make another "probe" or a probe varient. They arent very popular cars anymore. Which doesnt make sense to me why kids would rather get a rust bucket honda and do "mods" to it. Rather than scoop a a 2g probe. THEY LOOK SOOO MUCH BETTER!!!
                          93 PGT-ZE 162WHP 148Ftlbs | 14.8 @ 94mph
                          STG 2 clutch | 9lb Flywheel | RR mounts | CAI | Chip | Headers | 2.5 dual magnaflow resonator back |
                          Magnaflow muffler
                          "It's just a probe."

Comment

All the more reason I can't wait for the body shop to get off their arse & finish my probe. Everywhere it went,love it or hate it,it always turned heads & started conversations. I had a guy from a local Chevelle club ask me to come around. He liked the way I modded my SE a lot.

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

I was looking at pics of XJ220's and noticed something... Hmmmm

lol....not bad, not bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X