No announcement yet.

Mecury Cougar Face lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally like that Gen cougar, in particular the "c2" 01-02 facelift. A red or zinc yelow xr7. build quality is far better than the pgt..you can say what you want about the trans or motor but I've had many svt contours and regular contours and never had a single problem with the driverrain, that includes a modded 3l swap with over 200 fwhp/tq designed for a 130hp zetec.
    93gt 230k dd.
    1993 probe gt
    96 pgt 135k dd
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

Its still a very ugly car. .
      PaTricK
      ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

i think the drawing is great but it does look like a saturn rear and im not a huge fan of saturn and the slit in the rear bumper doesnt look right to me but other than that the car looks sexy great drawing

and thats crazy popup lights are banned
        1990 gl oversized pistons port polish head full exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSquid View Post
          it's not that they're banned in the US...it's that they are problematic getting approval in europe due to pedestrians.....so since the manufacturers are making cars for the world and not the US....no cars get made with them.
          Thanks SS, I didn't know that. Was a complete surprise to me. I understand why they would do it with the shift to making a world car so if you can't sell them someplace then why make them. What is the problem with the headlights in relation to pedestrians though?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD961 View Post
            Thanks SS, I didn't know that. Was a complete surprise to me. I understand why they would do it with the shift to making a world car so if you can't sell them someplace then why make them. What is the problem with the headlights in relation to pedestrians though?
            pretty sure its the daytime running light thing

Comment

I thought it was the whole fiasco of "to make it safer when you run over pedestrians" thing. As much better as the cougar is build wise the drivetrain sucks because there's yet to be a cougar in the 11s if I believe.
              Current: Green Envy Fiesta ST e85 Tuned
              Project: Olive Green SAAB 9-3 HOT 19T Biopower
              Sold: BCM MS6, MSP,
              Sold:3L Full Oval Port Swapped 99 Cougar
              Hookers and Blow, LET'S GO.

Comment

Working...
              X