Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no. As stated in the first post in the item list of things you will need. new CV's axles/shafts or whatever you wish to call them will be required for the swap.

Originally posted by PW_93mx6ls View Post
    Ok guys I have seen these questions asked in this thread yet still not answered. I have a 93 mx6 ls. If I do this swap will my stock PCM (or ECU or whatever it's proper term is) work. Or will I need the one from the car the transmission comes from or the same year as mine just manual one. I understand what harness you are talking about but by jumping those two pins what do you mean? I know 6 and 9 on that harness. Do I run one wire into each. Or two separate wires from each going somewhere else. Thanks very much this is an amazing thread and will be so hopeful as I am preparing to do this swap now.

P.S. Any OPINIONS or FACTUAL info on post swap performance? Any better times? Feel like a better car. Any opinions or facts or welcome I'd just like to know even though I hope to find out myself, it's still nice to have something to work forward to and day dream about lol
    No, the existing ecu on mine does the job, addining an extra wire into the ecu for M/T ground smoothe's the idle out as well.

You just disconnect the TCM loom under the centre console to remove the CEL.

you only jumper the neatral postion on the loom. ie connect pins 6 & 9 together. the other connection you will need in that same harness is the reversing sensor.
    Last edited by ausloki; May 19, 2009, 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• i have both opinions on that
      97 PGT MTX

Comment

• wheres the tcm loom? and how do you add an extra wire? o and the drivers side axle worked in my swap and i had already gotten the passengers side axle which is the same for mtx n atx but as for the intermediate shaft i don t know. i got a new one but before thetranny was put in tried to see if it would fit and it did so maybe its a lil shorter than the mtx one or something lol
        Last edited by jfman55; June 1, 2009, 12:56 AM.
        97 PGT MTX

Comment

• Ok I have read all 5 pages. My car is already MTX, but I am trying to figure out my own little wiring issue. Because you guys are swapping trannys, are you also swapping the ecu? Its not listed under parts.

I have a 1993 Probe GT 5 spd. I have access to a 1993 Probe GT Auto. Would the wiring harness, and ecu be the same? I am more so interested in the ECU.

Comment

• cool stuff
            1994 FORD PROBE GTZE
            STRAIGHT NECK ZE
            M2 PERFORMANCE HEADERS
            MAGNA FLOW 2.5IN EXHAUST
            KING6FAB POLY MOTOR MOUNTS

Comment

• Got a couple of other problems though after the tranny swap to manual my 02 sensors have malfunction as well as my engine coolant temp sensor
              97 PGT MTX

Comment

• very helpful thanks
                http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/s...peplau/005.jpg

Comment

• realized today after swapping the auto for the manual forgot to to change the power brake booster still got the automatic's in i believe thats the cause of my abs light and maybe the engine light too? we'll c trying to change sunday
                  97 PGT MTX

Comment

• Originally posted by jfman55 View Post
                    realized today after swapping the auto for the manual forgot to to change the power brake booster still got the automatic's in i believe thats the cause of my abs light and maybe the engine light too? we'll c trying to change sunday

I've had the ATX brake booster for the last 8 years with no problems.
                    Sandon Lettieri
                    1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
                    2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

• but you also have obd1 i have obd2 also my engine light went off after the change and while bleeding the brakes i found my rear driverside brake caliber is leaking
                      Last edited by jfman55; September 22, 2009, 01:37 AM.
                      97 PGT MTX

Comment

• so just to clarify, when swapping in a 93 GT, there is no need to change any harness? just hook up the nuetral switch and reverse lights?
                        93 PGTZE MTX .KSPORT Kontrol coilovers, AWR trailing arms/sway bar/adjustable endlinks, mx6 trans,Hotshot CAI,5Zigen 5ZR 17's, Test Pipe, 2.5 inch Magnaflow Catback, SSAC Headers,KL09 ecu w/KL31 chip for ZE, Shift Bushings, AC delete, AWR mounts front rear and side,RR Shift Stablizer bushing, 8 Ball shifter, Tenzo R's, PRD FSTB, Ebay RSTB, Harness Bar, Halogen Projectors(Sleepy Eyes) , 96 body styling,fresh paint.

Comment

• Hey thank you so much for this write up. I am currently switching my 96 Gt auto to a 94 mtx. THe info was great!!!
                          I think it's an obsession!
                          http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/911982_1

Comment

• Looks like I'm a little later here. I have performed this swap on my 93 4cyl probe. Does anybody know how to get the blue o/d light off without just taking the bulb out of the insturnment cluster? I'M having trouble finding the TCM to disconnect it. Also my idle is jumping around, has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated!!

Comment

• helllllp me find it please!!!

Somebody help out and direct me to where the info on the i4 atx to mtx is??? Looking for the wire diagram and need to know how to jump them cuz the i4 don't have a orange harness like the v6

Comment

• Ok only two more to go before I get the access to the diagram I need
                                Last edited by slix; January 3, 2011, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X