Every gear is reverse??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every gear is reverse??

So without much notice my tranny felt like it was just slipping into first at a traffic light, then when i got to a parking lot and put her in reverse... she was still in drive..

Car tranny is underload, and lurches, if given gas when in PARK

Car wants to drive forward in reverse, and drives forward fairly well in neutral as well.

I already have the parts to go forth with a MTX swap... but I'm pretty troubled by this.
    1994 GT - not lowe(red) enough

this happend to me in my old chevy. it ended up that the tranny overheated and welded the gearcluster together

Comment

im not gona lie, i beat the crap out of it.

but i didnt expect THAT to happen

Comment

I would check to see if the shift cable has not come loose

If the shift cable is not properly installed(or broke), then you will not be able to more the shift valve in the valve body.
        Sandon Lettieri
        1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
        2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

If you for some reason decide to stay with the ATX..i'v got a nice one for ya from a 2000 626! Just wanted to throw that out there Oh, and good luck with that thing man..sounds weird. Its probably just the gear selector being a PITA.
          2000 Mazda 626 LX v6: ATX/MTX swap,SSAC headers,CAI,Magnaflow cat,22"resonator and dual tip magnaflow muffler,Southbend OFE clutch and Fidanza fly,NGK wires,polyurethane mount inserts Tokico blues and sprint springs,Addco 22mm sway bar,front and rear strut bars.

Comment

i'll check the shift cable right before i drop the mtx setup in

lol

Comment

Originally posted by mushroom_curry
              i'll check the shift cable right before i drop the mtx setup in

lol
              Are you planning on swaping wire harnesses?
              If you so.... let me know if your going to sell off your ATX swap parts.
              -Kyle
              93 Black probe (K-sporting) My Cardomain

Mazdaspeed SVO 2.Slow turbo build teaser thread**

Comment

Its usually not worth the time and effort to fully swap the harness. Its just as effective if you only jump the pins in the original ATX harness(the orange one). Of course there are mixed reviews about doing that because some people don't like to have a few extra harness clips hanging around and so it seems that the job is done half ass'ed ..lol.Me...i just tucked mine in the corners and you can't tell they are there. My car runs great. I am still using my ATX harness and ATX ecu. I drive a 2000 626 and used the FAQ for the mx-6 swap with my car and its the same.
                2000 Mazda 626 LX v6: ATX/MTX swap,SSAC headers,CAI,Magnaflow cat,22"resonator and dual tip magnaflow muffler,Southbend OFE clutch and Fidanza fly,NGK wires,polyurethane mount inserts Tokico blues and sprint springs,Addco 22mm sway bar,front and rear strut bars.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpgt1994
                  Are you planning on swaping wire harnesses?
                  If you so.... let me know if your going to sell off your ATX swap parts.
                  In the process of doing the swap and pulling old harnesses.
                  Boysenberry Blue 1996 SE MTX
                  Sold: Teal Mist 1994 Base ATX | Rio Red 1994 GT MTX

Comment

Working...
                  X