Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebuilt tranny, but now electrical problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt tranny, but now electrical problems!

I have a '96 Ford Probe, 4 cylinder, automatic transmission. The transmission recently died on it so I had it rebuilt. Now the car seems to have some kind of electrical issue that affects the transmission.

At idle, the instrument gauges are all over the place (RPM bouncing, temp gauge goes straight to hot, etc.). When driving, the transmission slips into neutral often and the gauges continue to bounce. The shop can't figure it out, but I'm not sure how much effort they put into it.

It seems to me that the problems with the transmission and the electrical system are somehow related. It's as if there's wire loose somewhere or not connected correctly. Seems I've read somewhere that these transmissions are electric, so I'm wondering what to look for. The car is basically undrivable until this gets resolved.

i dont really have an answer but a question. how much did it cost you to rebuild your transmission cause i am currently in the same position you were in.

Comment

have them check the harness the may have pinched it between the trans and engine .
      GARY FLORES
      89 PGT FE3N n/a...traded for a mk3 supra turbo
      99 DAKOTA SPORT 4x4 v8
      99 EXPLORER SOHC 4.0

HTTP://CARDOMAIN.COM/ID/GMANS89GT

Comment

check all your ground wires.. i had the same issue with the dash guages till i cleaned rust off the frame where the ground wire connects. far as the tranny going into neutral the shop that rebuilt the trans needs to take care of that

Comment

check out the neutral safety switch also
          '97 626 v6 atx-mtx swap done with automoderna body kit, awc boostwerx turbo kit,tial bov and wastegate, walboro 255,traction bars,slimline fans, clutchmasters dual friction clutch,GC coilovers,Mbolin tranny saver,milleniaS injectors,pacesetter catback exhaust,stainless steel endlinks
          '97millenia DD now with broken trans

Comment

Working...
          X