Want to get rid of IAT Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to get rid of IAT Mod

For the past two years, I've been correcting the mistakes the previous owner made to my 93 KLZE ATX. I am nearly there!

This is the final known problem I have with my car, and I think they're all related:

1. Shifts hard 1st to 2nd. I suspect he did the IAT mod (it's got a tranny cooler). There are no wires tapped at the MAF though. I'm going to shoot the wire straight to the ECU and see if he cut it somewhere I can't find.

2. Car shifts at 5500 rpm (according to the tach). When I put it in 1st gear, the governor bounces at 5500 rpm also.

3. When I go from Drive to Park, the Overdrive light sometimes comes on. It never flashes.

4. I used to have a 95 PGT MTX, and this car is a turd in comparison.

Item #3 almost makes me thing he connected the IAT mod to the Overdrive button on the shifter and did a half ass job (as usual). However, I've finally cleared all the CELs and from what I've read, you get the CEL when you bypass the IAT. It also has the Probinator ECU chip.

Probetalk has kept me on the right track for 2 years - don't fail me now brothers! Thanks.

First, the tachometer is off. 5500

The CEL will come on when the IAT is bypassed

Also, the car will first hard from 1-2 until it reaches operating temp.
    Sandon Lettieri
    1993 Probe GT - KLZE & Stuff - 172whp / 161wtq - 146k
    2013 Focus ST - Stock & Stuff - 251whp / 290wtq - 142k

Comment

Mobil 1 synthetic Dexron III / Mercon ATF ( or Redline or Amsoil or Royal Purple ) will make it shift much better and mostly eliminate the hard 1-2 shift. You need to do a flush thru the cooler lines to replace most of the fluid. About 15 quarts are needed.

Comment

Working...
      X