Pulled ATX Codes, Can't find info on 71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled ATX Codes, Can't find info on 71

I've got an automatic 1994 Mazda 626LX V6. It's pushing 134k miles. My car has been shifting bizzarely for the last year or so, but has been tolerable--It kinda hiccupped for a sec as I slowed down to a hault..maybe shifting to the lowest gear? I'm not especially familiar with the inner workings of my car, so I admittely don't do too much in the way of maintenance if it'll get me from point A to point B.

In the past, the when the shifting's gotten particularly bad, the fluid's been a bit low, and a top off will generally fix that. With the temperatures dropping, it seems to have gotten worse. Letting the car warm up for 5-10 mins makes a world of difference. Every once and a while, the HOLD light will flick on, and I'll pull to the side of the road, turn it on and off, and try to not stress the car at all, and it'll be fine.

Today I drove for a hilly 10 minute drive, and the HOLD light flickered on and off almost every time I deccelerated. So I got back to the garage and bridged TAT & GND and read off the codes.

It seemed like a pretty clear error 12 and error 71 with 4 seconds in between, but when I checked the website I normally do for codes & explanations (it helped me diagnose my CEL for the faulty o2 sensors and crankshaft pos. sensor last year) I couldn't find any documentation for 71:

Search "Mike 94PGT 1993-1997 Probe & MX-6 Maintenance" in google
    <I can't post links yet because of my post count>

So here I am, not too sure what to do with my aging 626 yet again. What say you all this time?

Thanks for all your help in the past! Let me know if I can provide any pertinent info.

Jordan

P.S. the car was a hand-me-down from my mom a few years ago. I believe it was the test drive model from the dealership here in MD. Within the first few months the transmission was replaced, probably with that unofficial recall thing that I've read about here every once and awhile.

K, I just thought that was worth mentioning. Thanks!

Are you sure its a 71? Alldata doesn't even list a 71. When I pulled my tranny codes I was confused at first and it took me 2 days to read them correctly. Not doubting your abilities but I was sure I was doing it right too.

You never get any help in this section sad to say. There isnt much traffic and there isnt many people here with knowledge of the auto tranny.
    Dan- ASE certified-A1, A4, A5, A8
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit...
    R.I.P. Joe Mohr 10/3/06, Tom Major 2/17/08
    I dont do cars anymore, I have a type 03 FFL...

Comment

My list only goes up to 63. You could check With a dealer to see if they have a more complete list of codes.? Or google search.?

'94 PROBE SE Middle-aged croozr

Comment

Working...
      X