Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i got something faster than the WRX....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i got something faster than the WRX....

I bought this today.... those of you that have seen me drive know how scary this is. I'm still keeping the car but im gonna try not to drive it so much from now on... gas is waay too expensive.

At least thats what i told myself to rationalize it

http://i2.tinypic.com/209rspu.jpg

I get it delivered tomorrow or wednesday... im kinda scared haha

94 Probe GT- sold
    06 WRX TR
    06 Kawasaki ZX-6R
    89 Mustang lx 5.0

crap you've found bikes, its all over!!

nice looking bike, I don't think you'll regret it as long as you keep it upright and stay alive
    -Mario
    96 Probe GT "Laser Red"(RIP) 96 Probe GT "Alpine Green"

Comment

damn, i miss not having kids. must be nice........
      '59 VW Bus - camper - lots of work - Mango green/Seagull Grey two tone
      '05 Audi A4 1.8t Quattro 6-spd manual Ultrasport w/ mods - Arctic White / Black
      '69 VW Bug - Grey/Black two tone-1641cc
      '94 MX-6 ZE mtx w/ mods - TAZ 6 - sold / BAPOC
      '01.5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro w/ mods - sold

Comment

i hope that's not your first bike..
        Original Ricepoc member
        93 Black GT,mildly modified..----------------- SOLD
        1991 Kawasaki ZX7R....all the speed i need!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tnovello
          i hope that's not your first bike..
          It is... im really too big for anything smaller. I have respect for it though, im no icy hot stunta
          94 Probe GT- sold
          06 WRX TR
          06 Kawasaki ZX-6R
          89 Mustang lx 5.0

Comment

yeah.... how big you are shouldn't have anything to do with what size bike u buy.. but.. good luck.. be safe..
            Original Ricepoc member

Comment

yeah.... how big you are shouldn't have anything to do with what size bike u buy.. but.. good luck.. be safe..
              Im gonna ride like a grandma for a while... first thing i need to do is get rid of that hideous fender
              94 Probe GT- sold
              06 WRX TR
              06 Kawasaki ZX-6R
              89 Mustang lx 5.0

Comment

First thing you need to do is remove ALL of the plastics.. That way when you lay it down for the first time, you won't ruin the bodywork..

Don't say that you won't lay it down. You will.
                2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

jons got good advice. but id leave the knees, elbows and noggin at home too. so you dont smash those up after your confidence has exceeded your traction.

have fun and good luck!

james
                  http://thevenom.net
                  351 V8, 302 V8, Renesis, whatevers in a murano

Comment

i've been told by several people who ride that your first bike should be used becuase you will lay it down. Taking all the plastic panels off could help when laying it down or you might look into those pegs and such that you see the stunt riders have on their bikes so that it doesn't scrap the shit out of the panels when you lay it down. I've been considering getting a bike myself.

good luck and be safe.
                    Jeff
                    93 MX-6 i4
                    99 Daewoo Laganza i4

Comment

frame savors help.. crash cages help..

http://www.softsliders.com/ awsome frame sliders and look at the tygershark stunt and street cages.. at least then the bike won't get to messed up..
                      Original Ricepoc member

Comment

Originally posted by jon93PGT
                        First thing you need to do is remove ALL of the plastics.. That way when you lay it down for the first time, you won't ruin the bodywork..

Don't say that you won't lay it down. You will.
                        The first thing im buying is a set of frame sliders.... just in case

frame savors help.. crash cages help..

http://www.softsliders.com/ awsome frame sliders and look at the tygershark stunt and street cages.. at least then the bike won't get to messed up..
                        Those sliders look awesome- thanks
                        Last edited by osiris1327; July 18, 2006, 01:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        94 Probe GT- sold
                        06 WRX TR
                        06 Kawasaki ZX-6R
                        89 Mustang lx 5.0

Comment

The other answer is purchase some Sharkskinz, Fiberglass Cowls and fairings. Because thats a Purdy Paintjob and probably if and when you resell it will really help it maintain the resale value if its in good shape.

Jason
                          Thank God Im done w/Honda's got a low mileage '85 mustang GT just like my high school car and my DD is a 87 subaru GL10 turbo w/119k..

Comment

How much did you budget for riding protection and medical bills?

Comment

Yeesh...be careful dude...really careful. I don't care how much cheaper it is to ride a bike...you can't substitute anything for your life. Don't mean to be a downer here...but, I could never bring myself to trust anyone else on the road while I road a bike. Known way too many friends and family members that have been involved in accidents...none their fault.

Either way, congrats. At least you have good taste. Sounds like you have the right attitude of respect and patience in learning how to properly ride and be as safe as possible on the road.

I just picked up an 05 SRT-4 this weekend (not to steal your thunder)...and then, promptly, had some lady rear-end me on the way home. sigh. That was incredible. It's nice when you can afford toys.
                              Sheera - 1993 Probe GT Black (MTX) KLZE - Sold *sigh*
                              Former ( ) BABlackPGTPOC member. Represent.
                              Nicole - 2005 Black SRT-4 - Mods and pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X